Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Seems Paul Becque has got the same bug as Nan Nanty Nan..................Nan Nanty Nan likes...loves...using the word "Actually".

Paul is now just randomly shouting the word, MELTDOWN whenever it takes his fancy.

Actually its all so predictable IW, and overpriced. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 25% gone folks we ARE in MELTDOWN.

IW could save a small fortune on sales folks / actors fees by just inserting X product name for each hour and get rid of said sales folks / actors.

The only thing that's in meltdown are people who bought the Polyester Super Trousers.

It was 25 degrees today :mysmilie_59:

The only thing that's in meltdown are people who bought the Polyester Super Trousers.

It was 25 degrees today :mysmilie_59:
His sales pitch was hilarious telling the story of when he lived in LA and he used to go to restaurants with the wealthy who would wear t-shirt and jeans but you could tell their class by their watch, yes a watch bought for £295 from Ideal World would really set you apart from the riff-raff in Wendy's.

His sales pitch was hilarious telling the story of when he lived in LA and he used to go to restaurants with the wealthy who would wear t-shirt and jeans but you could tell their class by their watch, yes a watch bought for £295 from Ideal World would really set you apart from the riff-raff in Wendy's.

Didn't see much of De Knees last night but I did see the frankly pathetic excuse for a ring they were attempting to charge £400 for; a tiny trinket that struggled to sparkle even under television studio lighting. Normally Ideal World (usually) charge fairly high prices for mediocre or good products but I don't think I've ever seen either IW or Bid ever attempt to charge that amount of money for something that's obviously not worth even a tenth of the asking price. (Let's face it, even £40 is pushing it for that sort of plain ring.)

It's just a slightly tamer version of the old Auctionworld scam.

As for delivery charges, I bet that they're having to pay for the returns service recently introduced which can't be cheap, therefore each 'successful' sale must be subsidising someone else's return.

Apparently it will withstand a furnace, unlike a diamond. Peace of mind for the family when the funerals they sell forget to remove the jewellery from the body before cremation.

Kevinov the watch expert who is Igor from Vilnius' friend offers all of us the worst advice in any walk of life..........

"Anybody or any collectors DO NOT do your homework on this, just buy it! then see how you like it!" Great advice Kevinov....great advice!! Dear me this lot should be on stage!!!

Oh and just to add, Paul on the hour watch has just said "this watch is £269 but you could argue we are giving you it for under £200 with the free straps and multi tool we give you with it"

Really??? under £200??? How can you argue that when the price is £269 I/we cant buy FREE products Paul........................

Oh and just to add, Paul on the hour watch has just said "this watch is £269 but you could argue we are giving you it for under £200 with the free straps and multi tool we give you with it"

Really??? under £200??? How can you argue that when the price is £269 I/we cant buy FREE products Paul........................

Errrr - so why don't they sell it at £200 and give you the option of buying the other stuff for £69 then? Could it be that with a bit of internet research you could get the same "high value" items for about a tenner?

The "extra value" is a smokescreen for little or no actual discount being offered. The other sneaky trick is when they inflate the postage and packing. Not just IW. These are favourite tricks on QVC as well. All a load of nonesense.

On high ticket items it's the item itself we want at a good price, not a load of fluff.

Errrr - so why don't they sell it at £200 and give you the option of buying the other stuff for £69 then? Could it be that with a bit of internet research you could get the same "high value" items for about a tenner?

The "extra value" is a smokescreen for little or no actual discount being offered. The other sneaky trick is when they inflate the postage and packing. Not just IW. These are favourite tricks on QVC as well. All a load of nonesense.

On high ticket items it's the item itself we want at a good price, not a load of fluff.

IW have started to play a little bit fast and loose with the word "free" as well; a word which requires great care in its use to stay the right side of the ASA. Like IW care about that...

IW have started to play a little bit fast and loose with the word "free" as well; a word which requires great care in its use to stay the right side of the ASA. Like IW care about that...

Aren't they just?

And one or two of the goons are still describing Flexipay as Interest Free 'Credit' which is also a term that should not be used. In fairness most of them don't but De Knees, in particular, does.

Flexipay is by it's essence 'Interest' Free but it's no more 'Credit' than that crap Mozzy thing she 'designed' (but doesn't wear herself) is worth £600.

Very naughty indeed, never mind the ASA it's the FCA that wouldn't be impressed :mysmilie_59:

Suzy is so sickeningly sugary sweet she could easily bring on Diabetes. That voice?

Doesn't she know that Britain clearly hates this style of delivery, has she not seen what happened to the equally syrupy sweet Anthea Turner's career?

You're 20 years out of date Suze :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

De Knees, I suppose, is only repeating what's in her ear when she said about the bengaline cropped trousers.........

'If you go to our website, you'll see hundreds and hundreds of five star reviews for these trousers'

In fact, there are just 17

It seems they have no compunction about saying these things because the ASA has no "teeth". If there were real repercussions, then they would think twice.
Aren't they just?

And one or two of the goons are still describing Flexipay as Interest Free 'Credit' which is also a term that should not be used. In fairness most of them don't but De Knees, in particular, does.

Flexipay is by it's essence 'Interest' Free but it's no more 'Credit' than that crap Mozzy thing she 'designed' (but doesn't wear herself) is worth £600.

Very naughty indeed, never mind the ASA it's the FCA that wouldn't be impressed :mysmilie_59:

They do seem to laugh in the face of history, the rules and decency.

I say history as they are still doing the 'warehouse clearance' complete with the jackets ripped straight from Bid tv, where it clearly worked so well in the past.

How big is the warehouse I would like to know.By the time it's taking to ' clear'one could almost believe it's as big as a city.Warehouse City.Where the only inhabitants are vacuum cleaners,saucepans,halogen ovens etc

How big is the warehouse I would like to know.By the time it's taking to ' clear'one could almost believe it's as big as a city.Warehouse City.Where the only inhabitants are vacuum cleaners,saucepans,halogen ovens etc

I assume half of the presenters live there as it enabled them to save on delivery costs when they purchased all the items.

Just looked on ideal extra . Joanne is dressed in kitchen in hard hat and reflective jacket.So maybe she's just left the warehouse. That or she's expecting low flying pans.

Just looked on ideal extra . Joanne is dressed in kitchen in hard hat and reflective jacket.So maybe she's just left the warehouse. That or she's expecting low flying pans.

It's so desperate isn't it? And this is how a booming retailer does business? Whatever!

And now ''Chef'/Actor/Model :mysmilie_19: Roly Poly Remblance has got his name embroidered into his Chef Garb.

This is an unparalleled group of schlocks, they really are in a league of their own. Hilarious :mysmilie_59:

:mysmilie_46:It is an attempt to look professional and trustworthy. I:e can cook just like Brodel . I'm surprised some guests don't wear white coats when they demonstrate cleaning stuff -with names -like professors.

:mysmilie_46:It is an attempt to look professional and trustworthy. I:e can cook just like Brodel . I'm surprised some guests don't wear white coats when they demonstrate cleaning stuff -with names -like professors.

Here's Tom Pepper shilling the Mozzy :mysmilie_19:

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back