Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just flicked over to Ideal World and found Dennice presenting a craft show. She turned to her guest, seemingly an expert in the crafting world, who was demonstrating some rather expensive electronic machine. She asked him what the procedure would be once the machine was at home. "Plug it in and turn it on," came the confident reply. With such an incredible grasp of the inner workings of such complex technology, it seems that Janice Phillips might have some serious competition as Ideal's resident tech guru.

Truth be told, I haven't witnessed such incredible self-assurance since the time Janice explained how to fit an SD card at the side of some generic tablet. Mighty impressive, I can tell you:mysmilie_59:

All understandable, and who needs to read instructions after such concise coaching?

But at times I can feel quite overwhelmed by the Oracle level knowledge being generously shared by Ideal World's Experts. I'll be honest, as a regular but most novice user of Apple iPads I genuinely never realised that they were capable of such technical feats such as morphing the visage of two individuals together. Indeed I still don't really understand it though, not even after 153 demonstrations.

So it's obvious to me that Janice Phillips did make best use of those years she worked for/at/in a Apple. And I now feel guilty that I've referred to her as Granny Smith.

A cheap shot from a cheap shooter :mysmilie_59:

Just flicked over to Ideal World and found Dennice presenting a craft show. She turned to her guest, seemingly an expert in the crafting world, who was demonstrating some rather expensive electronic machine. She asked him what the procedure would be once the machine was at home. "Plug it in and turn it on," came the confident reply. With such an incredible grasp of the inner workings of such complex technology, it seems that Janice Phillips might have some serious competition as Ideal's resident tech guru.

Truth be told, I haven't witnessed such incredible self-assurance since the time Janice explained how to fit an SD card at the side of some generic tablet. Mighty impressive, I can tell you:mysmilie_59:

Just another little gem, how could we forget the incredible expert Gollom, explaining in great detail what steam was/is when on bid. It really is a gold mine of fab info. Where else could we get such life changing revelations from such well intended presenters?
Oh, and by the way, the dirty filthy oven that gets cleaned with the shazzle gunk, is the same oven that they bang on about that takes ages to heat up, so how do they use it so much to get it so filthy? They tell us to get a Halogen, then don't take their own advice.
Ps, if anyone think's the stained carpets and worktops etc is gravy, let me tell you, I have seen it cleaned with my own eyes, so I believe the demo's. :mysmilie_59:

Just another little gem, how could we forget the incredible expert Gollom, explaining in great detail what steam was/is when on bid. It really is a gold mine of fab info. Where else could we get such life changing revelations from such well intended presenters?
Oh, and by the way, the dirty filthy oven that gets cleaned with the shazzle gunk, is the same oven that they bang on about that takes ages to heat up, so how do they use it so much to get it so filthy? They tell us to get a Halogen, then don't take their own advice.
Ps, if anyone think's the stained carpets and worktops etc is gravy, let me tell you, I have seen it cleaned with my own eyes, so I believe the demo's. :mysmilie_59:

Good call Dave. They only use Halogen Ovens when they're shilling them.

At all other times they use those old, outdated, expensive, slow to heat up, inflexible Traditional Ovens that they've just been slating to get you to buy an 'effin Visicook.

Makes no difference what they use. 'Chef' Roly Poly's Turkey Pterodactyls will still taste like crap :mysmilie_59:

I used to watch all those steam cleaner demos when they first came out a good few years ago, and watch in awe as they made a knackered old carpet look like new, and the tops of kitchen hobs having the baked on stains literally blasted off, grouting looking white again in a matter of seconds.......and after having tried several different steam cleaners (I never give up!) realising that for demonstration purposes, a brand new carpet, a pristine hob and some brand new grouted tiling has had some water soluble substance smeared over it which could probably be removed with a licked finger!

In my experience steam cleaners do not produce this amazing dry steam, but leaves everything in their wake wet, so pretty damn useless for fabric and will NOT get rid of old stains. Grout? Forget it...bleach and a toothbrush and a lot of effort is what you need, cooker tops, a good spray on or rub in cleaner and a lot of elbow grease. I have got one, but quite frankly I don't know why!

I used to watch all those steam cleaner demos when they first came out a good few years ago, and watch in awe as they made a knackered old carpet look like new, and the tops of kitchen hobs having the baked on stains literally blasted off, grouting looking white again in a matter of seconds.......and after having tried several different steam cleaners (I never give up!) realising that for demonstration purposes, a brand new carpet, a pristine hob and some brand new grouted tiling has had some water soluble substance smeared over it which could probably be removed with a licked finger!

In my experience steam cleaners do not produce this amazing dry steam, but leaves everything in their wake wet, so pretty damn useless for fabric and will NOT get rid of old stains. Grout? Forget it...bleach and a toothbrush and a lot of effort is what you need, cooker tops, a good spray on or rub in cleaner and a lot of elbow grease. I have got one, but quite frankly I don't know why!

Finding a decent Steam Cleaner/Mop has been something of an epic for us.

We've had a Vax Steam Mop, crap. We then had a Pifco Steam Mop, OK but not so steamy. We then shelled out quite a bit on a H2O Power X Steam Cleaner/Vacuum Cleaner which is totally impractical, it's really heavy, the Vacuum is hopeless, the head is far too big and cumbersome, holds hardly any water and the dust compartment is too small. And the filter gets clogged up far too quickly. Not recommended.

Finally we settled in a £30 Hoover 2 in 1 and it's really rather good, the steam isn't overboard and is just enough and doesn't leave the floors very wet at all but the pad supplied does sometimes fall off so we use a different one. We don't use it for Grout and such. We have used Steam on the Hob and around Taps in the past but we mostly just keep on top of things like that in a similar way to you.

image.jpg

But we've got this far in life without Shadazzle. And we're OK, the house isn't a Pigsty, it's not a Palace either. Our Fridge and Cooker are always considerably cleaner than Helmut's :mysmilie_59:

Joanne, who I rather like, is selling a Viscook Halogen Oven. It's not a bad price, delivered for the same cost that they charge for delivering 20ml of Fabulift (£5.99). Joanne says 'All my family have received as presents Halogen Ovens, I've brought this into a lot of my friends lives as well'.

You can just picture her Family, on Christmas Morning, playing a guessing game about what they'll get from Joanne. 'So, I wonder what Our Jo will be getting us this year. Will it be a Red Halogen, a Black Halogen or a White Halogen?'

But it's the Kids I feel sorry for :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

Finding a decent Steam Cleaner/Mop has been something of an epic for us.

We've had a Vax Steam Mop, crap. We then had a Pifco Steam Mop, OK but not so steamy. We then shelled out quite a bit on a H2O Power X Steam Cleaner/Vacuum Cleaner which is totally impractical, it's really heavy, the Vacuum is hopeless, the head is far too big and cumbersome, holds hardly any water and the dust compartment is too small. And the filter gets clogged up far too quickly. Not recommended.

Finally we settled in a £30 Hoover 2 in 1 and it's really rather good, the steam isn't overboard and is just enough and doesn't leave the floors very wet at all but the pad supplied does sometimes fall off so we use a different one. We don't use it for Grout and such. We have used Steam on the Hob and around Taps in the past but we mostly just keep on top of things like that in a similar way to you.

View attachment 12396

But we've got this far in life without Shadazzle. And we're OK, the house isn't a Pigsty, it's not a Palace either. Our Fridge and Cooker are always considerably cleaner than Helmut's :mysmilie_59:

I did buy a little Yellow steam cleaner when they did a special price for something like £10 delivered a while back. I only got it to defrost and clean my freezer which it does fantastically well. As for cleaning the gunk away round the plug, forget it. It's Jif and a 50p sponge which does it all for me! Also, I fancied a steam mop about 6 months back as I have tiled floors, and was getting fed up with the dirty stinking, smelly mop. Did my homework, and did some research and got mine from Argos half price, and 5 replacement spare mop pads from ebay very cheaply. :mysmilie_59::mysmilie_59::mysmilie_59:

I used to feel very excited about all these cooking gadgets and I'll admit I've probably tried all of them in my time as a shopping channel viewer and I'll be honest, the only two products I have kept up with and would honestly replace if they wore out are my slow cooker and my magic bullet! (regular, not Nutribullet) .
Pressure cooker, still in the box 'cause I couldn't work out how to use it, the instructions were that bad, and to be honest it's too big and bulky, multi cooker was absolute rubbish so donated it to a charity shop,George Foreman grill - Soon realised that a normal grill pan allows fat to drain off and a bit of kitchen paper always helps and believe me there's many more. Have resisted a soup maker, as I think you can make soup perfectly well using a saucepan and a stick blender. I even bought an extremely expensive food processor/stand mixer from IW and found it took up far too much room and that I could make better cakes using a handheld mixer and a bowl and pastry was a lot quicker made in the bowl attatchment that came with my stick blender which I bought from the catalogue and now influenced in any way by "selly telly".
I did buy a brand new rotisserie though from a car boot sale for a fiver, the seller told me it was an unwanted gift 'cause they'd already got one. Why they put the new one in the bootsale and not the old one I don't know, and I didn't question why they only wanted a fiver for it...but it's amazing....I absolutely love rotisserie chicken. Yes it's bulky and I don't use it that often, but I store it in a cupboard upstairs! We did have a halogen oven for a while and it was ok, we got to wondering why the hell we were using it when we have a perfectly good double oven!

Nanty looks like he is having the time of his life on the luggie.

he went down a ramp that was 6 inches off the floor and looked straight at the camera as if to say ''look what I just did. buy it''

Nanty looks like he is having the time of his life on the luggie.

he went down a ramp that was 6 inches off the floor and looked straight at the camera as if to say ''look what I just did. buy it''

'I just so wish my Dad could too have had the time of his life in a Luggie' :mysmilie_59:

Came across this tweet and picture on Rick Hay's Twitter page:-

Rick Hay ‏@nutritionalphys Jul 17
Sunday afternoon cycle around London - found this gem @StDunstansColl #cycle #london #sunday #sundayafternoon #happy

rhay.jpg

I’m assuming that the “found this gem” remark refers to the building, and not the gentleman standing beside him :cheeky:

Came across this tweet and picture on Rick Hay's Twitter page:-

Rick Hay ‏@nutritionalphys Jul 17
Sunday afternoon cycle around London - found this gem @StDunstansColl #cycle #london #sunday #sundayafternoon #happy

View attachment 12399

I’m assuming that the “found this gem” remark refers to the building, and not the gentleman standing beside him :cheeky:

I wouldn't like to bet on it :wonder:

I hope you're all aware that there's a 'Warehouse Clearance' at 4pm today?

Miss it or........well, just give it a miss :wink:

OK, let me tell you something Momma.

The closest this lot will ever get to a genuine Warehouse 'Clearance' is the dreadful GODDESS Madina telling her LITTLE GOLLUM to clean out his stable.

Ideal World's 'sister channel' Bid used to have these Warehouse Clearances. Another sure sign that this lot are skint :mysmilie_59:

OK, let me tell you something Momma.

The closest this lot will ever get to a genuine Warehouse 'Clearance' is the dreadful GODDESS Madina telling her LITTLE GOLLUM to clean out his stable.

Ideal World's 'sister channel' Bid used to have these Warehouse Clearances. Another sure sign that this lot are skint :mysmilie_59:

But then the good people of Cowlinge would have to endure Gollum and Madina outside squawking in their nasty voices even more, and ruining the ambiance further.

Seems Paul Becque has got the same bug as Nan Nanty Nan..................Nan Nanty Nan likes...loves...using the word "Actually".

Paul is now just randomly shouting the word, MELTDOWN whenever it takes his fancy.

Actually its all so predictable IW, and overpriced. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 25% gone folks we ARE in MELTDOWN.

IW could save a small fortune on sales folks / actors fees by just inserting X product name for each hour and get rid of said sales folks / actors.

Perhaps IW could spend a few quid on getting Dee Knees a hairbrush? I caught sight of her doing a Moissonite hour a couple of days ago: her sparkly grey top was quite nice, but her hair looked like she'd had a recent electric shock, really unkempt. You'd think they would check their appearance before going on-screen.

Seems Paul Becque has got the same bug as Nan Nanty Nan..................Nan Nanty Nan likes...loves...using the word "Actually".

Paul is now just randomly shouting the word, MELTDOWN whenever it takes his fancy.

Actually its all so predictable IW, and overpriced. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 25% gone folks we ARE in MELTDOWN.

IW could save a small fortune on sales folks / actors fees by just inserting X product name for each hour and get rid of said sales folks / actors.

Perhaps IW could spend a few quid on getting Dee Knees a hairbrush? I caught sight of her doing a Moissonite hour a couple of days ago: her sparkly grey top was quite nice, but her hair looked like she'd had a recent electric shock, really unkempt. You'd think they would check their appearance before going on-screen.

De Knees needs some Lusardi Caviar in that thatch.

It's looking dry :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back