Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is Peter Simon taking us in to 2016?

He used to be good on New Years Eve back in the days of bid up before the company started to sink.

And a Happy New Year to all my fellow forumites, and my mum said thanks for the laughs, she absolutely loves me reading out all your comments. And Shopperholic, good luck with the Vibrapower thingy, let us know how you get on. You have all our support. And yes, the diet does start today...

yes shopperholic let me know if its any good not saying i will get one though, happy new year to all on forum .:mysmilie_8:

Happy New Year! Hardly watching shop telly these days, so posting very little, but I enjoy popping out and in and having a laugh!

happy new year everyone.

anything of note on IW in the last week?

I'm personally not too fond of that guest Peter who does the radiators, cleaners or seemingly anything they cannot get anyone else for. (but i'm not a fan of one guest for multiple products/brands)

mr tom, every time I've flicked over it's been exercise and fitness equipment, exercise and fitness equipment........and, just for a change...exercise and fitness equipment! I know it's that time of the year when we feel guilty about how much we've eaten, but this year's programmes have been pretty much the same, if what I've seen is anything to go by. Must admit I wasn't around a lot over Xmas and New Year, but from comments other posters have made, I think it was repeato ditto with the exercise and fitness equipment! So you haven't missed much! Happy New Year to you, too. Hope it's a good one for you.

happy new year everyone.

I'm personally not too fond of that guest Peter who does the radiators, cleaners or seemingly anything they cannot get anyone else for. (but i'm not a fan of one guest for multiple products/brands)

mr tom, every time I've flicked over it's been exercise and fitness equipment, exercise and fitness equipment........and, just for a change...exercise and fitness equipment! I know it's that time of the year when we feel guilty about how much we've eaten, but this year's programmes have been pretty much the same, if what I've seen is anything to go by. Must admit I wasn't around a lot over Xmas and New Year, but from comments other posters have made, I think it was repeato ditto with the exercise and fitness equipment! So you haven't missed much! Happy New Year to you, too. Hope it's a good one for you.

Did you miss Midday Madness today? They had some new items, one being sandless sandbags, with a severe weather warning notification alongside at £17.99 for a pack of two!

happy new year everyone.

Happy New Year mr tom and everyone

I quite like Peter but I think he'd much rather be acting somewhere. I suppose being Gen's bf, she's got him in to earn a crust between jobs :mysmilie_506:

well, we've got meatless sausages, so why not sandless sandbags I ask myself? IW could be turning into the Daily Express with its prognostications of what's to come - perhaps this will be the theme for the New Year: dire warnings at every opportunity and slightly(!) over-rated claims? Oh, forgot: that's been the theme for every year. Taking a leaf from DE's book, any day now we could hear from IW that house prices went up (or down) by £10,000 last week. Momma, dare I ask whether they revealed what (if anything) was in the sandbags, if it wasn't sand? Don't tell me it was self-inflating marshmallows?
Did you miss Midday Madness today? They had some new items, one being sandless sandbags, with a severe weather warning notification alongside at £17.99 for a pack of two!

well, we've got meatless sausages, so why not sandless sandbags I ask myself? IW could be turning into the Daily Express with its prognostications of what's to come - perhaps this will be the theme for the New Year: dire warnings at every opportunity and slightly(!) over-rated claims? Oh, forgot: that's been the theme for every year. Taking a leaf from DE's book, any day now we could hear from IW that house prices went up (or down) by £10,000 last week. Momma, dare I ask whether they revealed what (if anything) was in the sandbags, if it wasn't sand? Don't tell me it was self-inflating marshmallows?

I wasn't listening but this is the description from their website

Use the Am Tech HydroSnake (Sandless Sandbag) when flood prevention and direction of excess water is needed.

Before use, the HydroSnake weighs less than 0.5kgs, and upon contact with water, the super absorbent polymer crystallises and expands to hold up to 40 times its own weight. HydroSnakes are an essential accessory for plumbers, or ideal for anyone living where there is danger of flooding.

This eco-friendly product allows you to simply dispose its contents into the earth or sewage, by slitting open the bag.

If anybody is interested, my EPG shows tomorrow at 10pm a Thomas Kinkykade hour! You know you want to watch. Unfortunately I have a cold at the moment and have to go to bed early (like now) so will not be able to watch tomorrow night. That is my excuse and I am sticking to it. You can all describe the wonderful artworks I am missing...

If anybody is interested, my EPG shows tomorrow at 10pm a Thomas Kinkykade hour! You know you want to watch. Unfortunately I have a cold at the moment and have to go to bed early (like now) so will not be able to watch tomorrow night. That is my excuse and I am sticking to it. You can all describe the wonderful artworks I am missing...

Ah no! The biggest event of the shopping calendar and you'll miss it! Get better soon. :mysmilie_496: and get a good nights sleep.

Happy New Year mr tom and everyone

I quite like Peter but I think he'd much rather be acting somewhere. I suppose being Gen's bf, she's got him in to earn a crust between jobs :mysmilie_506:

lol sod off is he her boyfriend? I thought he was her dad?

I will say in their remote defense (to be fair) that atleast they are not as hypocritical as qvc, who smash green seasons meat hampers down their customers throats and then on jan 1st get out the fitness ''gurus'' if you want to call them that.

we know IW have the same five products and vibrapower is one of them so it's annoying but not as big a sin.

Thanks, Muttley! Sorry to hear you've been smitten with a cold - rest up and hope you feel much better very soon. I can well understand why you won't be watching - it will probably be enough to give you a relapse (I'm told there is a medical condition known as Pope Pete syndrome currently under investigation). If PP is presiding over the hour, he's probably been practising his descriptive talents all over Christmas. He usually looks as though he's going to burst into tears of emotion at any minute - shame everyone else is in tears of laughter.

Yes, I should imagine all the Q customers who were let down by non-delivery of their Green Seasons hampers, and who didn't get the chance to 'gorge' on all the goodies they contained are delighted (not) to see Q pushing fitness after the "excesses" of Christmas. An on-screen public apology to deliver (in more ways than one) should have been made for their failures, - if one's been made, I certainly haven't seen it (or is it in tiny font on the website somewhere?)

I will say in their remote defense (to be fair) that atleast they are not as hypocritical as qvc, who smash green seasons meat hampers down their customers throats and then on jan 1st get out the fitness ''gurus'' if you want to call them that.

we know IW have the same five products and vibrapower is one of them so it's annoying but not as big a sin.

Last edited:
Ah no! The biggest event of the shopping calendar and you'll miss it! Get better soon. :mysmilie_496: and get a good nights sleep.

Cheers mate, I'm over the worst of it but these things linger with me. I'm coping with the london underground on my way to work but not yet fit for IW! I need to build myself up for that!

Latest posts

Back