Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

More fitness crap, please give us a break can't iw think of any different products to sell ???

Something to look forward to in January, fitness equipment and the Nutribullet on alternate hours ***yawn**

Hasn't it been blurdy terrible? Because of Christmas, I've only flicked over about twice a day over the past couple of days, but every time it's been the flipping fitness stuff - talk about lack of any imagination and overkill on one topic, have the programme planners there got nothing else they can show? No other products at all? Talk about Amateur Night, this channel really needs to get a grip, people must be switching off in droves if what I've seen is anything to go by.
Switching this channel off in january.

mossie, if it's the same bloke I saw when I flicked over a couple of days ago, I know exactly what you mean - talk about "I love myself" - and I only watched for 30 seconds, the exposed knees and the flipping fitness equipment do nowt for my post-Christmas viewing (yawn yawn, yawn) so I flicked to Gems TV instead.
cant stand that aussie guy on the vibro thingy he gets on my thrupny bits sorry had to get that of my chest.

yeah the channel's boring these days, i hop on during proper telly ad breaks etc but don't 'watch' any more ... not that i'll be missed as i never bought a bean off any of them!!

and as for presenter professionalism ... in sales as long as you're not doing anything blatantly wrong/illegal, it's all about the numbers pure and simple. we have to assume the likes of peter simon get results, either that or the producers don't have a scooby and surely that can't be true ... well ... not completely!

I suppose the point is people must be buying the fitness and diet stuff in their thousands good luck to them i have better ways to spend money that will not be stuck under the bed or in a cupboard after a week or so.:sun:

Hasn't it been blurdy terrible? Because of Christmas, I've only flicked over about twice a day over the past couple of days, but every time it's been the flipping fitness stuff - talk about lack of any imagination and overkill on one topic, have the programme planners there got nothing else they can show? No other products at all? Talk about Amateur Night, this channel really needs to get a grip, people must be switching off in droves if what I've seen is anything to go by.

I agree, I was on their website the other day and came across chocolate and thought eh? then I came across meat hampers and thought eh? again, I had absolutely no idea they sold these, only stumbled on them by chance, so why hide them in obscurity? put them on in replace of a Vibrodisc show, I just don't get it, I know they do one hour of a specific item but unless I missed it, I didn't see any food hours.

I agree, I was on their website the other day and came across chocolate and thought eh? then I came across meat hampers and thought eh? again, I had absolutely no idea they sold these, only stumbled on them by chance, so why hide them in obscurity? put them on in replace of a Vibrodisc show, I just don't get it, I know they do one hour of a specific item but unless I missed it, I didn't see any food hours.

I think this highlights one of the disadvantages of their approach. It's great that you get to see in-depth, but unfortunately it does mean that you get very little opportunity to see the vast majority of the products IW stock. They could do a food show and cover almost a whole meal, or highlight some of the foodstuffs when doing one of their kitchen appliance shows (the vertical rotisserie or the halogen oven shows would be ideal for the meat, surely). They do add-on promotion of the healthy nutritional supplements when doing their Nutrimaster shows, and sometimes the Nutribullet shows as well, don't they? I'm sure I've seen it.

Exactly! At least if they varied it, that would be something, and would give a reason to watch. And let's face it, I know they are trying to cash in on the guilt from excessive eating at Christmas, but we've still got New Year celebrations to go yet, so little chance of us dieting yet a while (although in my case, I think I'll have to starve for a fortnight to make up for all the goodies). What with meals in and restaurant meals with work colleagues and ex-colleagues, I refuse to think about how many excess calories I consumed over the past 2 weeks - I keep saying to myself that it's only once a year, but the guilt's beginning to set in now. Must do better.

I've seen them do food shows in the past, I don't know why they don't do them any more. Maybe they sell off the website without being presented. I remember they used to do pie shows but not any more.

Don't tell me you didn't catch the Pope last night doing the POD fitness thing? Haha by the end of the hour he looked well and truly pulverized. He started off the hour with great gusto, you know how he is 'come on!' :mysmilie_8: You could see him flagging and I'm sure the naughty producers must have been in their element telling him to 'just do another couple of minutes'........'just another couple of minutes'......'just have another go Peter, come on!' :sweat:............

By the end of the hour he could hardly move at all :mysmilie_15:

Shopperholic, I am so very sorry, I have done the very thing I hate when people do to me, so I unreservedly apologise to you.
Happy New Year and an e-hug :)

Oh Mommabear, wicked to laugh...but that noise you can hear is me laughing my head off.. No, I missed it (curses!). He looked totally cream crackered when I saw him on the fitness equipment a few days ago, sweaty and breathless - I did wonder then if he should be doing these shows. Perhaps it is a case of "sweet revenge", but at least it stops him prancing around the studio like a demented robot as he does when he's on with the ladder man.
I've seen them do food shows in the past, I don't know why they don't do them any more. Maybe they sell off the website without being presented. I remember they used to do pie shows but not any more.

Don't tell me you didn't catch the Pope last night doing the POD fitness thing? Haha by the end of the hour he looked well and truly pulverized. He started off the hour with great gusto, you know how he is 'come on!' :mysmilie_8: You could see him flagging and I'm sure the naughty producers must have been in their element telling him to 'just do another couple of minutes'........'just another couple of minutes'......'just have another go Peter, come on!' :sweat:............

By the end of the hour he could hardly move at all :mysmilie_15:

I must admit I haven't watched a lot over Christmas as there has been a lot going on, but every time I have watched it was exercise stuff! I know I have eaten too much but this just made me turn right over. Overkill definitely.

I must admit I haven't watched a lot over Christmas as there has been a lot going on, but every time I have watched it was exercise stuff! I know I have eaten too much but this just made me turn right over. Overkill definitely.

I've just bought the Vibropower plate in purple, I've succumbed but not by Pervy Petes performance I can assure you, so I'll be wobbling away in a couple if days, il try anything to shift the old el bees (pounds). :mysmilie_14:

Shopperholic, I am so very sorry, I have done the very thing I hate when people do to me, so I unreservedly apologise to you.
Happy New Year and an e-hug :)

Aw don't worry, apology not needed but thanks anyway, e-hug back at yeh. :mysmilie_3:

Me too, Mutts, we've been out or haven't had TV on because of visitors, but when I've grabbed 10 mins to sit down with a cuppa and been channel-flicking, the flaming fitness equipment has been on every time! I began to think I was in the middle of Groundhog Day at one point. Pete will need a fortnight's convalescence to get over all this - and he's had to wash his knees, too, because of wearing shorts (yes, I did say 'knees' - no sniggering at the back, please!). I hope he was clocking up the overtime for all this work. To me, it seems lazy programming - do they think that people won't be watching because of doing other things, so they can just keep repeating the same old, same old? I would have thought that attitude a waste of TV air time and money, as surely most people were switching to something else because of sheer boredom?

shopperholic, come on, we know it was the sight of Pete's knees that did it for you!! :mysmilie_14::mysmilie_59: Let us know how you get on - have a very happy and healthy New Year.
I've just bought the Vibropower plate in purple, I've succumbed but not by Pervy Petes performance I can assure you, so I'll be wobbling away in a couple if days, il try anything to shift the old el bees (pounds). :mysmilie_14:

Just like to wish all who post here, an early "Happy New Year". :mysmilie_59:
Thank's for all the chuckles and great laughs - it's been a lot of fun. Planning an evening in with a bottle of Red, and will probably be well Mullered before midnight. Looking forward to 2016.
:mysmilie_12:

shopperholic, come on, we know it was the sight of Pete's knees that did it for you!! :mysmilie_14::mysmilie_59: Let us know how you get on - have a very happy and healthy New Year.

Yes, you got me, it was the knees. :mysmilie_14: I'll let you know H that the pounds are dropping off (I wish) All the best and a happy, healthy New Year to you too :happy:

Likewise, Dave - may your New Year be a very happy one :mysmilie_852::glass:
Just like to wish all who post here, an early "Happy New Year". :mysmilie_59:
Thank's for all the chuckles and great laughs - it's been a lot of fun. Planning an evening in with a bottle of Red, and will probably be well Mullered before midnight. Looking forward to 2016.
:mysmilie_12:

Latest posts

Back