Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes you can tell Joe has no respect for PS (join the club Joe) and he obviously feels as we all do, that PP turns any hour he does into a campfest and laughing stock, so who can blame Joe for getting peed off, I remember PP stuck his finger in some ice cream (that's not a euphemism) that Joe just made and licked his fingers, Joe slammed a spoon in the table and spat out "Pete! Use this! while shaking his head............Joe is my hero.

I've never noticed this. I don't tend to watch the food demo's much, if I have eaten I feel a bit sick watching food being prepared (I could never be a chef!). I will have to watch in future, this Joe chap sounds great!

Of the three "chefs" they use - Joe, William and Paul, I don't mind any of them... Joe is my favourite as I love his sense of humour...but Paul is seriously Mr Grumpy, isn't he?

William is the next best thing to Wayne from Bid. Joe is slick and polished, Paul cooks some nice stuff and William c*cks up a lot :mysmilie_46: excuse me

dont know who is best but joe was struggling with that rotisserie thing this morning,could not blame him it looked a fafff

dont know who is best but joe was struggling with that rotisserie thing this morning,could not blame him it looked a fafff

These gadgets always end up being stashed away. We've all done it, they always look good being displayed (although maybe not this product!) but they are usually too fiddly to use. If the expert was struggling, there is no hope for me.

I like Joe

Just watched his Gems debut clip and yes, you can see what they got rid of him after a couple of weeks, at least Gems TV could see that 80s innuendo presenting has no place in modern day tv, just a shame IW don't see it too.

Now before I fire into a rant here, I am all for folk making money and geting on in life.

BUT...........To introduce a sales pitch and I roughly quote "Have you saw the severe weather predictions for the winter in the newspapers? 3 months of heavy snow and freezing cold temps in double figures, is your boiler going to stand upto it? are your radiators by the best they have been? do you worry about being left without any heating? do you panic about being left alone in a freezing cold home? wont be able to get out and use roads! are you siting indoors wearing a coat? we are going to get the worst winter ever.............now have a look at these ceramic radiators.

Now not one of the statements above are 100% factual with any concrete evidence to back up these statements.................and stories from a newspaper!!!! dont make me laugh!!!!!

In my employment I work with pensioners all day long with 14 years experience and believe me I can for a FACT 100% guarentee that alot of pensioners will be taken in by the above statements and will happily part with the hard earned pension to pay out hundreds of ££££££££s

If ever we needed proof of praying on the vulnerable this is it folks, shockingly sickening sales tactics by IW.............Most tales on here are light hearted and funny but this is pathetic and I will be intouch with the relevant authorities as many folk like myself work damn ****** well hard to help pensioners not to be vicitims of frauds and the like and not believe all they are told via the media etc then we have a SHOPPING TV channel throwing about statements left right and centre with no proof whatsoever other than a over dramatic story in a local newspaper.

IW get to say what they want via a TV which can get into many thousands of homes, This is my turn to have my say and all of this is my opinion.

I heard QVCs Simon Biagi once say about a heated blanket that the elderly can wrap it around themselves if they can't afford to put the heating on and that many elderly people have a higher risk of dying in the winter, then I couldn't believe it when he looked straight at the camera and said "could that be you? this heated blanket could save all that" so if he was trying to scare the elderly to death instead............mission accomplished.

I loved the images in the background of the car driving in the snowstorm to emphasise bad weather. I don't like this sort of selling. And I worry about heating bills and I'm only 48. I live with my mum whose 81 and have her age to consider. We wrap a fleece throw around us when watching television in the evening, you can't beat it! With a hot water bottle on our laps, how we stay awake I don't know!

I have been banging on for along time about IW selling tactics i get really angry with presenters who are selling heating equipment coming on with newspapers claiming all sorts of arctic conditions ahead worst winter in living memory etc with no basis in fact,it must frighten elderly people,i consider it disgusting selling tactics.:mysmilie_51:

I have been banging on for along time about IW selling tactics i get really angry with presenters who are selling heating equipment coming on with newspapers claiming all sorts of arctic conditions ahead worst winter in living memory etc with no basis in fact,it must frighten elderly people,i consider it disgusting selling tactics.:mysmilie_51:

Yes I agree, I don't like scare tactic especially to get a sale, but IW aren't the only ones QVC do it a lot too, they must think we don't know that Winter equals cold, so glad we have these channels to remind us.

I had to smile the other evening - the 'bad winter' they have promised us even got a mention on the Jewellery Channel as a reason to buy something to cheer yourself up when it's cold and snowy outside! Yeah, the first thing that goes through our minds when it's brass monkeys outside is "now I must put on my sparkly ring", isn't it? You've got to giggle at some of the sales pitches, they give me a real giggle at times just seeing how "inventive" they can be.

Yes I agree, I don't like scare tactic especially to get a sale, but IW aren't the only ones QVC do it a lot too, they must think we don't know that Winter equals cold, so glad we have these channels to remind us.

I had to smile the other evening - the 'bad winter' they have promised us even got a mention on the Jewellery Channel as a reason to buy something to cheer yourself up when it's cold and snowy outside! Yeah, the first thing that goes through our minds when it's brass monkeys outside is "now I must put on my sparkly ring", isn't it? You've got to giggle at some of the sales pitches, they give me a real giggle at times just seeing how "inventive" they can be.

That's some serious sales patter is that, ring and freezing fog/ice/snow, yes I can the comparison :mysmilie_13:

Ha ha! If it was a thick scarf I could understand it! I am cold so I will buy some jewellery? Nah, doesn't work on me...

Ha ha! If it was a thick scarf I could understand it! I am cold so I will buy some jewellery? Nah, doesn't work on me...

Maybe they mean burn all the little boxes the jewellery comes in to make a little fire to keep yourself warm. :mysmilie_17:

Selling drones really ? I think you should have a pilot licence too have a drone, still is a flying machine.
Children should be not playing with these things.

well, shopperholic, at least if we fall flat on our derrieres in the snow just taking the milk in we will be wearing a sparkly piece of jewellery - and lying on the ground in the snow will, you must admit, show off the sparkle to best advantage. :giggle:

That's some serious sales patter is that, ring and freezing fog/ice/snow, yes I can the comparison :mysmilie_13:

Latest posts

Back