Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He is as fake as his nails and his forehead. Totally insincere, and gets paid for lying.
And that is not how Economy 7 works. It is 7 hours of cheap-rate overnight electricity. Comes on at 12:30/1:30am for 7 hours overnight.

Used for electric hot water immersion heaters and overnight storage heaters.

Like the majority of what he says…It is fantasy, twisted fact, untwisted exaggeration, exaggerated untwistedness, untwistedness of phantasmagoria, disingenuous ingenuity….Today he is an old age pensioner riddled in ailments. Yesterday, a reborn super fit man through collagen baths and hula hoops. Today a single person living in a boiler cupboard with his labrador…Yesterday, after work, a well-off early sixty something, making a very good living, and going home to a well-appointed property to a very comfortable life…
When Peter Of The Simons was flogging the childrens backpack earlier he mentioned Juliette and his grandson Paul who is apparently 5 years old.
Very strange as I don't think I've ever heard him say anything about having children or grandchildren before?
Whilst the name Paul is not odd, for a 5 year old these days!
More made up stuff, do you think?
BTW did you know Torchy has two little boys?
You probably didn't as he doesn't mention it very much. 🤣🤣

For those who don't frequent the C&C section, it appears to be over for them. This from FB:

With heavy hearts, we share the news that today marks the closure of Create and Craft. This is not a moment we ever thought we’d face, and everyone here has been taking the time to reflect on the countless memories we’ve created together over the years.

To our amazing customers, loyal viewers, dedicated suppliers, talented demonstrators, charismatic presenters, and hardworking staff—thank you. You’ve been the heart and soul of Create and Craft, and we are deeply grateful for your support, passion, and love.

Saying goodbye is never easy, especially when we know that, for many of you, we’ve been a familiar voice, a comforting presence, and a source of inspiration in your homes. We will miss each and every one of you, more than words can express.

As we close this chapter, we want to wish everyone all the very best for the future. Though our journey has come to an end, the connections we’ve made and the sense of family we’ve built will always remain. Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for being a part of our story, for everything you’ve given us, and for welcoming us into your lives. It has been an honor to be your source of inspiration, and we are forever grateful for the moments we’ve shared.

The other problem was when weather changed overnight and suddenly you had a warm day, no way to cool down heater, rooms would be like ovens. 🥵:ROFLMAO:
Ah but I have it down to a fine art. If I know it’s going to be warmer next day, I turn it down overnight. With knowing the actual times of cheap electricity tariff I can adjust accordingly. Very often turn it down for the evening cheapo unless it’s particularly cold. Can’t stand being too hot.

When Peter Of The Simons was flogging the childrens backpack earlier he mentioned Juliette and his grandson Paul who is apparently 5 years old.
Very strange as I don't think I've ever heard him say anything about having children or grandchildren before?
Lost for words literally

It is, even with a smart meter I understand.

Still have it myself along with some v old Dimplex storage heaters with basic input and output controls. Usually by the time you get into late afternoon/early evening there is not much stored heat left for them to emit.

With living alone and being at work during the day I only have two of them in use when absolutely necessary as they hammer the electric and it seems daft to have them emitting lovely warmth during the day when I am not home between 4 and 6 days each week.
When I was working full time, used to turn it down overnight and turn it up as I left for work so it was nice and warm when I came home at 4pm. Since retiring I mainly leave it on setting 2 of 6 and my house keep just at the right temperature for me. Now I’m on economy 10 it’s often turned down for the evening session.

I’ve had storage heaters since the early 80s and the original Economy 7 did just store them overnight so by mid afternoon you had to “boost” them up, using full price electricity. This was changed early 90s where you got half price electricity for night storage and cheaper rate when they stored for 2 hours in the afternoon.

As the long wave signal that triggered the timings is being switched off during 2025, and therefore meter will no longer function. Anyone like me has had to have a replacement smart meter fitted and onto Economy 10. So far this is working out a bit cheaper as I can use my costlier appliances during cheap rate periods.
Just facing this, on E7 with immersion & Simplex heaters, don't want a smart meter but might have to bite the bullet before the radio signal switch-off.

Do you think they will offer E10 or Have to choose or stay on E7 and is E10 better. Do you have to pay more than E7.

For those who came off E7/storage heaters what do you use now. Not a fan of gas/boiler central heating.

Are the new heat panels better or more efficient in daytime?

Do any of the daytime heater methods have any merit in terms of cost efficiency?

And I'm not taking IW advice on heating!!!

His Wikipedia page gives nothing away

Just had something ping up on my local area Facebook page. Uk Film academy are doing a Half Term Film Star experience with the one and only Dr. Jeremy Edwards! I’m sure the teenagers it’s aimed at will learn a lot. It’s about a haunted house. I wonder if he’ll bring Torchy 🧟‍♂️, Foghorn🧟‍♀️🧻 Patio Pete🤕🚪and Moronic Mike 😶‍🌫🎧🎶 as supporting actors?

Just facing this, on E7 with immersion & Simplex heaters, don't want a smart meter but might have to bite the bullet before the radio signal switch-off.

Do you think they will offer E10 or Have to choose or stay on E7 and is E10 better. Do you have to pay more than E7.

For those who came off E7/storage heaters what do you use now. Not a fan of gas/boiler central heating.

Depends on your existing setup. Older installs used a mechanical clock, some later ones digital that require no radio signal.

His Wikipedia page gives nothing away
I think it is not in his interests for viewers to know anything factual about him as a person. Not with him using so many variants about the person that he might be, is or isn't. Presumably that's why he has no social media or Internet in general direct footprint - least- not under the name of Peter Simon.

For those who don't frequent the C&C section, it appears to be over for them. This from FB:

With heavy hearts, we share the news that today marks the closure of Create and Craft. This is not a moment we ever thought we’d face, and everyone here has been taking the time to reflect on the countless memories we’ve created together over the years.

To our amazing customers, loyal viewers, dedicated suppliers, talented demonstrators, charismatic presenters, and hardworking staff—thank you. You’ve been the heart and soul of Create and Craft, and we are deeply grateful for your support, passion, and love.

Saying goodbye is never easy, especially when we know that, for many of you, we’ve been a familiar voice, a comforting presence, and a source of inspiration in your homes. We will miss each and every one of you, more than words can express.

As we close this chapter, we want to wish everyone all the very best for the future. Though our journey has come to an end, the connections we’ve made and the sense of family we’ve built will always remain. Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for being a part of our story, for everything you’ve given us, and for welcoming us into your lives. It has been an honor to be your source of inspiration, and we are forever grateful for the moments we’ve shared.

We speculated earlier in the year they were in trouble, Honchanda had too much money to pay back. Think they tried to expand each time IW went bust and the resulting investments on both occasions was too much for them to bear. Ist IW demise they bought C & C while IW were trying to raise money to stay afloat, 2nd IW demise was the Shop Extra debacle, each time they went into debt to make those changes happen and I fear it was just too much. The fact that Kay & Wright last year was a signal things were bad. ;)

Latest posts

Back