Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wanderer, you beat me to it. Is it me or does she look more shiny tonight?

And she needs to cut down on the lip gloss, it's doing her no favours and draws our attention to them.

There is so much reflection I can't see whats on the screen.

If I squint or cover the left side of the screen it improves the picture no end.

Has to be said the "guest" looks quite normal and the only shine from her is jewellery, specs and nails.

Last edited:
My mum used to put a couple of hot water bottles in my bed for a while before me getting in. Always had plenty of blankets on the bed, and they were tucked in tightly to keep the heat in. I loved trying a duvet for the first time when I was much older, it felt so luxurious.
I went on holiday to the Swiss Alps with some friends back in the 60s. We had duvets on the beds, first time we’d seen them. We thought they were sleeping bags so undid the ties and got inside. One of the chalet maids couldn’t contain her laughter and put us right how to use them.

They used to call them continental quilts when they first came out, didn’t they? I remember with one of my first wage packets from the early 1980s, I went to somewhere like Timothy Whites and bought one in a large cardboard box. Having only ever slept under blankets and sheets before then, I couldn’t believe how warm and enveloping it was. Also couldn’t believe how warm the flat became when the Council fitted central heating for the block a year or two earlier. What we accept as bog standard today, that we would have marvelled at not that many years previous.

Latest posts

Back