Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I prefer to use rechargeable NiMh batteries.
When required, I tend to get these from LIDL who sell good quality versions of them. They normally sell them in small packs for around about a pound per battery.

Are they Tronic ones? I bought some 2500mah Tronic energy AAs a good few years back and even when new I didn't rate them as the capacity seemed poor.

The last AAs and AAAs rechargeable I purchased are branded and suuplied by that large online store that IW often allude to. Made in China, not like the older ones they sold, but they seem fine and capacity is slightly over what they are rated for. Tested using a 7Dayshop Multi Smart 3000 charger.

I read a lot of good feedback for Eneloops but cannot justify the cost. Allegedly Ikea Ladda ones are (or used to be) rebranded Eneloops, but no Ikea near me.

I have purchased and used Kodak xtralife previously, seem fine to me. PP9s in smoke alarms seem to last a couple of years and AA in sender for energy monitor. For high drain or regular use items like torches I prefer rechargeables to save money.
I've been taking a quick look around the river place for AA batts. As you can imagine loads of different brands, known and unknown and various prices.
Couldn't find much in alkaline cheaper than we've already talked about though.
Looks like 25p for AA is good base price.

Becque seems an intelligent deep-thinker type in his external motivational life coach role. The wurring, double entendres ridden buffoon part he plays on shopping television is just that - a role…If I was getting £1000 or so for a couple of hours work, I would be as wurring, beeping, seedy and ridiculous as they wanted me to be. Like the rest of them - they are pretending to be what they are really not for money most people like us could only dream of.

Are they Tronic ones? I bought some 2500mah Tronic energy AAs a good few years back and even when new I didn't rate them as the capacity seemed poor.

The last AAs and AAAs rechargeable I purchased are branded and suuplied by that large online store that IW often allude to. Made in China, not like the older ones they sold, but they seem fine and capacity is slightly over what they are rated for. Tested using a 7Dayshop Multi Smart 3000 charger.

I read a lot of good feedback for Eneloops but cannot justify the cost. Allegedly Ikea Ladda ones are (or used to be) rebranded Eneloops, but no Ikea near me.
Spot on they are Tronic branded 2500mAh AA.
I've bought most of these recently, use them mainly for torches and DAB little portable radios and the like. Probably got 4 or 5 packs of 4AA and couple packs of 4AAA.
Like to keep a spare pack or two charged ready for use.
They seem fine and hold their charge. The little DAB radios in particular seem to eat batteries anyway, but the Tronic ones seem to be pretty good.
Maybe they have improved the quality since you last bought some?
Prior to me buying these, I bought some JCB branded AA's from Home Bargains and they were truely crap, would only last maybe half an hour in the radio.

Maybe so. But I am not cut out to be a sales person really. I could not tell lies and eulogise about everything knowing that I was indeed lying and fooling people and then go home and sleep well.
Nowt wrong in being a sales person but how these do it with a clear conscience is beyond me.

I bet Mason et al tell their grandmas etc to be careful what you buy and where from..and definitely not from shopping telly unless he has verified their expensive purchase.
This is the crux of the issue for me. I’m just too honest. I have sold on internet sites but often drop the price feeling sorry for people who obviously struggle.. recently sold 2nd hand vac to someone struggling..hey ho…replying to DOC

May the evening of undesirable tat, cheaper elsewhere begin. And we start with a plant body bag for suffocating your beloved greenery. God help us all. I FEELS PLANTS, I DO…Murielzala….What a great bleedin’ name that is. The made up customer names parade begins…If only the Plinkety Plonkety music was up for sale…And now…underpowered Guantanamo Bay finger nail extractors. Even the boxes are cheap and nasty.. Ray Charles texts in… “You’re Looking Good Tonight, Brother.” Marvellous…

Last edited:
Spot on they are Tronic branded 2500mAh AA.
I've bought most of these recently, use them mainly for torches and DAB little portable radios and the like. Probably got 4 or 5 packs of 4AA and couple packs of 4AAA.
Like to keep a spare pack or two charged ready for use.
They seem fine and hold their charge.
Maybe they have improved the quality since you last bought some?

Thanks for the feedback, perhaps a different supplier maybe. If I see some I might pick up a pack and see how they are.

‘Gang’ (that’s you lot on here I’m being patronising), you may have gathered that I hate Mason with a passion!
When he gets home and tells his poor wife that he loves her I wouldn’t be surprised if she said ‘how can I believe you? You lie all day long and try to look sincere’
He says ‘well I got some lavverly plant covers and a flying Father Christmas for you yesterday.What more do you want?’

She says ‘ well a flat cap , a ceramic heater and some Horatio wouldn’t go amiss’

Oh,the fun in their house..

Lovely Rosedale Vintage Organ up for grabs now…..

IMG_1533.jpeg

Could have been a very large bowl of readybrek in the middle of the room.

Just turned the tellybox on, soon switched channel with PB and cohort discussing an insulated mug, does it really take two of them? Is it because they only possess half a brain each.

I thought I know, lets see what QVC have on and its crafting with Sara Davies, so I'm watching recorded stuff instead.
Same here. She was on with her homewares too.

That's Katie you speak of.
Just there to mainly agree with main presenter, say 'wow wow' 'how fabulous' and to look amazed at everything that comes on.
To be fair she does a very good job of it, in a vacuously annoying overexcited way, perfect to drive you to the channel change button.
Did she work for Gemporia? She looks and sounds like one of their vacuous presenters.

Latest posts

Back