Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A pity Hodgson and one or two very early Ideal Would female presenters weren’t employed with the task of launching the new version of Ideal World.
After the way he conducted himself as a manager at IW pre-Aurelius, I can't imagine anyone who was turfed out of there would have consciously gone and worked at TJC's version if they knew Andy was playing its piano. 🤣

Okay I give them their due, sometimes they do have a genuine bargain.

Showing now ... roll up roll up ... grab 'em while you can ...

32 x AA Philips batteries for £14.99 plus p&p. Great value.

Ok night all.

Oh emmmm wait a sec, I'm ... just ... doing ... a ... quick ... Google ... search. I'm sure I won't find better value than IW.

Oh dear, oh deeeeeeeear

60 x AA Kodak batteries on Amazon for £19.99.

IW, the home of (not) real bargains ;)
ALDI sell their own branded alkaline batteries usually close to the tills. I believe they do AA & AAA in packs of ten for £2.50.
I say, I believe, as I only gave them a passing glance as I don't often buy disposable batteries, except for remote controls or clocks.
I prefer to use rechargeable NiMh batteries.
When required, I tend to get these from LIDL who sell good quality versions of them. They normally sell them in small packs for around about a pound per battery.

What on earth did he do? Seems to be one of their better presenters!
He tried to implement change that suited the Bid lot and not really anyone else. Tried to force us to use visual styles that were suitable to neither the available space in the studio nor the ability of the limited crew. Restricted show style to suit his own agenda and was seen as a bully to a lot of staff, especially the female ones.

Nobody liked him and after several complaints to HR he became surplus. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that was one of the times when the staff at IW were most united.

Perhaps management just isn't for him.

Last edited:
Just back from a walk and turned on the Tv and my god we've a hystererical Jess inspired side kick for Reg to perform with. :eek:

Had to check the epg to check if i was still on the IW channel and not watching one flew over the cuckoo's nest, where do they find these people. :ROFLMAO:
That's Katie you speak of.
Just there to mainly agree with main presenter, say 'wow wow' 'how fabulous' and to look amazed at everything that comes on.
To be fair she does a very good job of it, in a vacuously annoying overexcited way, perfect to drive you to the channel change button.

ALDI sell their own branded alkaline batteries usually close to the tills. I believe they do AA & AAA in packs of ten for £2.50.
I say, I believe, as I only gave them a passing glance as I don't often buy disposable batteries, except for remote controls or clocks.
I prefer to use rechargeable NiMh batteries.
When required, I tend to get these from LIDL who sell good quality versions of them. They normally sell them in small packs for around about a pound per battery.
out of stock but you're right, now that IS a bargain ... all day long as some others would put it ;)

He tried to implement change that suited the Bid lot and not really anyone else. Tried to force us to use visual styles that were suitable to neither the available space in the studio nor the ability of the limited crew. Restricted show style to suit his own agenda and was seen as a bully to a lot of staff, especially the female ones.

Nobody liked him and after several complaints to HR he became surplus. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that was one of the times when the staff at IW were most united.

Perhaps management just isn't for him.
Haven't seen Hodgson on screen for ages.
Is he still a presenter?
I don't really watch TJC as I'm not particularly interested in jewellery.
Have to say that I used to find him pretty bor, boring anyway TBH.

Haven't seen Hodgson on screen for ages.
Is he still a presenter?
I don't really watch TJC as I'm not particularly interested in jewellery.
Have to say that I used to find him pretty bor, boring anyway TBH.
I've decided to take a look at TJC as our Jelly is on her usual overhype on the horrible clothing.
At the moment TJC are doing Enrico Benetti bags.
Same crap merchandise as IW and I'm not sure I believe the number sold counter on the left hand side of the screen. It could be someone randomly pressing a button to make it look like sales are taking place.
But, TBH at the moment the presenting is being done in a much calmer, more relaxed way without the constant verbal diarrhoea you get from most of the IW lot.
In fact the TJC is close to being a bit boring!
Their doing jewellery now so deffo boring for me anyway.

Okay I give them their due, sometimes they do have a genuine bargain.

Showing now ... roll up roll up ... grab 'em while you can ...

32 x AA Philips batteries for £14.99 plus p&p. Great value.

Ok night all.

Oh emmmm wait a sec, I'm ... just ... doing ... a ... quick ... Google ... search. I'm sure I won't find better value than IW.

Oh dear, oh deeeeeeeear

60 x AA Kodak batteries on Amazon for £19.99.

IW, the home of (not) real bargains ;)

I got 30 AA Panasonic branded batteries from B&M Bargains for £8 plus my bus fare

As an alternative for those with no Aldi locally Poundland sell Kodak Xtralife AA Alkalines for £1.25 for 5.
That's a good like for like price. Have you used/tried them? Just wondering how they perform?
My local Poundland is in the town centre where I live and is a pretty crap version.
In fact the town centre is pretty crap as well, so I rarely visit it.

That's a good like for like price. Have you used/tried them? Just wondering how they perform?
My local Poundland is in the town centre where I live and is a pretty crap version.
In fact the town centre is pretty crap as well, so I rarely visit it.

I have purchased and used Kodak xtralife previously, seem fine to me. PP9s in smoke alarms seem to last a couple of years and AA in sender for energy monitor. For high drain or regular use items like torches I prefer rechargeables to save money.

Jessie flogging Duchump in the early hours, he started off by telling us all about his mate Chris.

“We’re talking Christophe Duchamp. I’m gonna tell you a bit about him before I show you how beautiful these timepieces are.

So Christophe Duchamp started off as a watchmaker about 30 years ago, and he lives in Italy on the Italian/Swiss borders, where he has a little workshop where he hand makes, not just him but with a team of people, hand makes the most exquisite luxury watches that money can buy.”

Where do you start with that absolute load of horseshit. :ROFLMAO:

In the real world, Christophe Duchump is a made up name for a UK brand, established & run from London. Started up four years ago (dream of their own watch brand may have existed longer), by a couple of guys (and maybe a couple of women too) at Brand Logic Europe ltd (Stock Clearance & Wholesale company), who used their marketing skills, knowledge and contacts to set up a watch brand with watches from a watchmaker based in Mendrisio, which was Watchmaker CH (supply watches for the many smaller and medium sized watch brands who don't/can't make their own watches who are basically wholesalers/retailer brands rather than watchmaking brands). Watchmakers CH (Part of FM Swiss Logistics SA), have facilities for assembling watches in both Switzerland and the Far East, among some of their clients/brands they make watches for are Swiss Military by Hanowa, Roamer, Timberland, Police and a whole host of others. Arne Decaestecker seems to be the main marketing/promotions guy, he's the only one that seems to get pictured in promotional photos at the football clubs etc.
IW often mention the fact that Duchamp only produce a small number of watches, unlike a certain 4,000 a day Swiss brand, to make them sound more special, more desirable etc, In reality, while there may only be a small number of Duchamps being produced in a day, there are a helluva lot of other watches being produced in the same Watchmaker's Swiss & Far East facilities at the same time, easily into 4 figure territory a day.

Manufacturer - https://watchmakers.ch/

Brand - Christophe Duchamp Ltd - Started October 2023, at 98 Maybury Road, Woking, Surrey.
Directors/Shareholders - Oliver Arthur Earle-Marsh, Eleanor Rachel Earle-Marsh
Marketing Manager?/Shareholder - Arne Decaestecker

Where Duchamp brand idea originated - Brand Logic Europe Ltd -
Directors (Only 2 now) - Arne Decaestecker (Became director 8 months before Oliver left for Duchamp), Marion Pearson since 2014 (strangely her correspondence address in 2014 is the same as Duchamp's original 2020 Reg Address in Woking, 98 Maybury Road, which was also the address used by two former Directors of Brand Logic, so the 2020 Duchamp address has a direct connection with Brand Logic)
Former Director - Oliver Arthur Earle-Marsh (retired end of 2023 to become director at Duchamp)

And Jessie still want us to believes Christophe is an actual person, busily beavering away hand making luxury watches in his wee workshop in the mountains on the Swiss/Italian border. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
What a load of balderdash Hammy!
So you don’t believe that Monsieur Duchampe has a little workshop in the mountains hand making watches?..

You’ll be telling us next that Father Christmas is not real and doesn’t live in the North Pole and his elves are not busy hand making our presents ready for the big day!

Shame on you!
Children could be reading this!
…maybe not,as they are too busy presenting Ideal World

I am not really sure of Paul’s place on IW. He seems to flit around.
Is he sort of prostituting himself to whoever wants him?
He is a bit of a spare part(stop laughing) and suddenly appears late at night or early morning. They don’t really need him but he may come in handy to cover sickness etc.

Saw him today with some lady I had never seen before . 2 people to sell a vacuum type flask thingy. I know where I wanted to shove that flask.. but all the other flasks were in the same place taking up space😊.

Remember that ‘Smidge’ flask that Peter was flogging? ‘Gonna take the world by storm’ he said..Ha fu…ng ha.. never saw them again

Latest posts

Back