Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A pity Hodgson and one or two very early Ideal Would female presenters weren’t employed with the task of launching the new version of Ideal World.
After the way he conducted himself as a manager at IW pre-Aurelius, I can't imagine anyone who was turfed out of there would have consciously gone and worked at TJC's version if they knew Andy was playing its piano. 🤣

After the way he conducted himself as a manager at IW pre-Aurelius, I can't imagine anyone who was turfed out of there would have consciously gone and worked at TJC's version if they knew Andy was playing its piano. 🤣
What on earth did he do? Seems to be one of their better presenters!

Okay I give them their due, sometimes they do have a genuine bargain.

Showing now ... roll up roll up ... grab 'em while you can ...

32 x AA Philips batteries for £14.99 plus p&p. Great value.

Ok night all.

Oh emmmm wait a sec, I'm ... just ... doing ... a ... quick ... Google ... search. I'm sure I won't find better value than IW.

Oh dear, oh deeeeeeeear

60 x AA Kodak batteries on Amazon for £19.99.

IW, the home of (not) real bargains ;)
ALDI sell their own branded alkaline batteries usually close to the tills. I believe they do AA & AAA in packs of ten for £2.50.
I say, I believe, as I only gave them a passing glance as I don't often buy disposable batteries, except for remote controls or clocks.
I prefer to use rechargeable NiMh batteries.
When required, I tend to get these from LIDL who sell good quality versions of them. They normally sell them in small packs for around about a pound per battery.

What on earth did he do? Seems to be one of their better presenters!
He tried to implement change that suited the Bid lot and not really anyone else. Tried to force us to use visual styles that were suitable to neither the available space in the studio nor the ability of the limited crew. Restricted show style to suit his own agenda and was seen as a bully to a lot of staff, especially the female ones.

Nobody liked him and after several complaints to HR he became surplus. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that was one of the times when the staff at IW were most united.

Perhaps management just isn't for him.

Last edited:
Just back from a walk and turned on the Tv and my god we've a hystererical Jess inspired side kick for Reg to perform with. :eek:

Had to check the epg to check if i was still on the IW channel and not watching one flew over the cuckoo's nest, where do they find these people. :ROFLMAO:
That's Katie you speak of.
Just there to mainly agree with main presenter, say 'wow wow' 'how fabulous' and to look amazed at everything that comes on.
To be fair she does a very good job of it, in a vacuously annoying overexcited way, perfect to drive you to the channel change button.

ALDI sell their own branded alkaline batteries usually close to the tills. I believe they do AA & AAA in packs of ten for £2.50.
I say, I believe, as I only gave them a passing glance as I don't often buy disposable batteries, except for remote controls or clocks.
I prefer to use rechargeable NiMh batteries.
When required, I tend to get these from LIDL who sell good quality versions of them. They normally sell them in small packs for around about a pound per battery.
out of stock but you're right, now that IS a bargain ... all day long as some others would put it ;)

Paul Clitheroe Kid Berk on selling Men’s jumpers being modelled by a woman wearing it tied round her shoulders. Don’t know who she is but she could be related to Torchy as she has similar creepy eyes🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️.
Torchys sister possibly. 😊

Latest posts

Back