Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see Mason's central heating broke down again, seem to be an annual event in his household, which begs the question, why is he still using central heating? :unsure: He's been telling us for years, at least 5 that i know of, that central heating is archaic, and wanting us to buy all manner of electric heaters (fan heaters/ceramic radiators) to only heat the room we are in, yet he is still using his central heating.
Yeah they peddle the same old GUFF about central heating, completely ignoring the fact most folk have TRVs in EACH ROOM that can be turned up, down or off altogether. And modern boilers (granted not older ones) are ever more efficient.

But no, don't use central heating, strap one of their rads to your body via a bit of rope and wheel it behind you when you move room to room, like some sort of modern day Scrooge.

Muppets.

Okay I give them their due, sometimes they do have a genuine bargain.

Showing now ... roll up roll up ... grab 'em while you can ...

32 x AA Philips batteries for £14.99 plus p&p. Great value.

Ok night all.

Oh emmmm wait a sec, I'm ... just ... doing ... a ... quick ... Google ... search. I'm sure I won't find better value than IW.

Oh dear, oh deeeeeeeear

60 x AA Kodak batteries on Amazon for £19.99.

IW, the home of (not) real bargains ;)

They all know perfectly well what are the most efficient and cost effective heating systems to employ. They know exactly about being able to control them to NOT have central heating radiators on in each room at the same time. They also know exactly what heating systems they all have and why. Yet they all cynically twist the narrative each time when selling cheap, expensive and generally ineffective to run small heating devices to their potential buyers viewers. That is why most in the know who watch them at worst work, have so little respect for their low moral codes in doing so.

Last edited:
Jessie flogging Duchump in the early hours, he started off by telling us all about his mate Chris.

“We’re talking Christophe Duchamp. I’m gonna tell you a bit about him before I show you how beautiful these timepieces are.

So Christophe Duchamp started off as a watchmaker about 30 years ago, and he lives in Italy on the Italian/Swiss borders, where he has a little workshop where he hand makes, not just him but with a team of people, hand makes the most exquisite luxury watches that money can buy.”

Where do you start with that absolute load of horseshit. :ROFLMAO:

In the real world, Christophe Duchump is a made up name for a UK brand, established & run from London. Started up four years ago (dream of their own watch brand may have existed longer), by a couple of guys (and maybe a couple of women too) at Brand Logic Europe ltd (Stock Clearance & Wholesale company), who used their marketing skills, knowledge and contacts to set up a watch brand with watches from a watchmaker based in Mendrisio, which was Watchmaker CH (supply watches for the many smaller and medium sized watch brands who don't/can't make their own watches who are basically wholesalers/retailer brands rather than watchmaking brands). Watchmakers CH (Part of FM Swiss Logistics SA), have facilities for assembling watches in both Switzerland and the Far East, among some of their clients/brands they make watches for are Swiss Military by Hanowa, Roamer, Timberland, Police and a whole host of others. Arne Decaestecker seems to be the main marketing/promotions guy, he's the only one that seems to get pictured in promotional photos at the football clubs etc.
IW often mention the fact that Duchamp only produce a small number of watches, unlike a certain 4,000 a day Swiss brand, to make them sound more special, more desirable etc, In reality, while there may only be a small number of Duchamps being produced in a day, there are a helluva lot of other watches being produced in the same Watchmaker's Swiss & Far East facilities at the same time, easily into 4 figure territory a day.

Manufacturer - https://watchmakers.ch/

Brand - Christophe Duchamp Ltd - Started October 2023, at 98 Maybury Road, Woking, Surrey.
Directors/Shareholders - Oliver Arthur Earle-Marsh, Eleanor Rachel Earle-Marsh
Marketing Manager?/Shareholder - Arne Decaestecker

Where Duchamp brand idea originated - Brand Logic Europe Ltd -
Directors (Only 2 now) - Arne Decaestecker (Became director 8 months before Oliver left for Duchamp), Marion Pearson since 2014 (strangely her correspondence address in 2014 is the same as Duchamp's original 2020 Reg Address in Woking, 98 Maybury Road, which was also the address used by two former Directors of Brand Logic, so the 2020 Duchamp address has a direct connection with Brand Logic)
Former Director - Oliver Arthur Earle-Marsh (retired end of 2023 to become director at Duchamp)

And Jessie still want us to believes Christophe is an actual person, busily beavering away hand making luxury watches in his wee workshop in the mountains on the Swiss/Italian border. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That is definitely one for the ASA. Well...the Advertising Standards Agency fantasy version. The one that should be there to properly penalise shopping channels when their presenters are lying on air (either through ignorance or deliberately) and misleading viewers into potentially buying because of it. No...not one for the real ASA - the Arse ho les Supporting Association.. You are wasting your time with them.

That is definitely one for the ASA. Well...the Advertising Standards Agency fantasy version. The one that should be there to properly penalise shopping channels when their presenters are lying on air (either through ignorance or deliberately) and misleading viewers into potentially buying because of it. No...not one for the real ASA - the Arse ho les Supporting Association.. You are wasting your time with them.

Yeah, they just ignore it.

The first one i did on Duchamp was when Peter Simon said he first came across Duchamp 40 years ago.

Swiftly sent off an ASA complaint, didn't exist then, Not Swiss etc.

Got the usual Acknowledgement about being received, then a follow up which agreed they couldn't be 40 years old and would look into it a get back too me. Heard sod all since, oh did get an email asking to give feedback on how my complaint was handled which i duly gave in no uncertain terms. ;) :ROFLMAO:

I think they decided to completely ignore me, probably because 4 days after submitting the first complaint, i did one on a show by Emma featuring Schild & Duchump watches, 12 days after that submitted 2 more, one on Boydell's bullshit again on Duchamp and another on Annie Connolly's bullshit on Earnshaw. Since then not a peep. ALL were VALID complaints totally ignored by ASA, self regulating the Industry my arse. :ROFLMAO:

Jessie flogging Duchump in the early hours, he started off by telling us all about his mate Chris.

“We’re talking Christophe Duchamp. I’m gonna tell you a bit about him before I show you how beautiful these timepieces are.

So Christophe Duchamp started off as a watchmaker about 30 years ago, and he lives in Italy on the Italian/Swiss borders, where he has a little workshop where he hand makes, not just him but with a team of people, hand makes the most exquisite luxury watches that money can buy.”

In the real world, Christophe Duchump is a made up name for a UK brand, established & run from London. Started up four years ago (dream of their own watch brand may have existed longer), by a couple of guys (and maybe a couple of women too) at Brand Logic Europe ltd (Stock Clearance & Wholesale company), who used their marketing skills, knowledge and contacts to set up a watch brand with watches from a watchmaker based in Mendrisio, which was Watchmaker CH (supply watches for the many smaller and medium sized watch brands who don't/can't make their own watches who are basically wholesalers/retailer brands rather than watchmaking brands). Watchmakers CH (Part of FM Swiss Logistics SA), have facilities for assembling watches in both Switzerland and the Far East, among some of their clients/brands they make watches for are Swiss Military by Hanowa, Roamer, Timberland, Police and a whole host of others. Arne Decaestecker seems to be the main marketing/promotions guy, he's the only one that seems to get pictured in promotional photos at the football clubs etc.
IW often mention the fact that Duchamp only produce a small number of watches, unlike a certain 4,000 a day Swiss brand, to make them sound more special, more desirable etc, In reality, while there may only be a small number of Duchamps being produced in a day, there are a helluva lot of other watches being produced in the same Watchmaker's Swiss & Far East facilities at the same time, easily into 4 figure territory a day.

Brand - Christophe Duchamp Ltd - Started October 2023, at 98 Maybury Road, Woking, Surrey.

Directors (Only 2 now) - Arne Decaestecker (Became director 8 months before Oliver left for Duchamp), Marion Pearson since 2014 (strangely her correspondence address in 2014 is the same as Duchamp's original 2020 Reg Address in Woking, 98 Maybury Road, which was also the address used by two former Directors of Brand Logic, so the 2020 Duchamp address has a direct connection with Brand Logic)
Former Director - Oliver Arthur Earle-Marsh (retired end of 2023 to become director at Duchamp)

And Jessie still want us to believes Christophe is an actual person, busily beavering away hand making luxury watches in his wee workshop in the mountains on the Swiss/Italian border. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We all know in the world of sales that the truth can be stretched, however there's a difference between that and outright lies.

I cannot recall QVC selling fan heaters etc..presented on-air as a viable alternative and more economical than employing a central heating system? Do they?
No QVC don’t. They usually give you the details, proper demonstration and leave it up to you to decide. The only time they mention electricity costs is when they’re selling heated throws or heated airers. I don’t have my cereal heating turned up high as I don't like it too hot preferring around 19C. My heated throw is used when it gets really cold, use it unheated when I just need to keep my legs warm.

Tribute perfumes hour with Kwai Chang Caine and a giggling, sycophantic YTS trainee….Somebody hold me back…CAPITAL S for Sport, by the way…

IMG_4388.jpeg

Tribute perfumes hour with Kwai Chang Caine and a giggling, sycophantic YTS trainee….Somebody hold me back…CAPITAL S for Sport, by the way…

View attachment 30078

Just back from a walk and turned on the Tv and my god we've a hystererical Jess inspired side kick for Reg to perform with. :eek:

Had to check the epg to check if i was still on the IW channel and not watching one flew over the cuckoo's nest, where do they find these people. :ROFLMAO:

what a difference. Watching the Homesmart Airfryer on TJC with Andy and Cris. No shouting just sensible uses for airfryer and how it works. Suitable for people living alone, students, etc., emphasising it only has a small footprint and easy to operate. Haven’t seen the whole presentation but not seen any stupid unrealistic price comparisons. Ok there’s been no demonstrations but all in all a comprehensive overview. If I didn’t already have one, could be tempted by this.

Can hardly believe that TJC and IW3 are run by the same company.

Paul Clitheroe Kid Berk on selling Men’s jumpers being modelled by a woman wearing it tied round her shoulders. Don’t know who she is but she could be related to Torchy as she has similar creepy eyes🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️.

It's fantasy land. They all invent fake scenarios to suit whatever they are selling.

Personally, I believe this stems from the likes of Peter Simon and Mike Mason. They've got so used to telling tales they wouldn't recognise the truth if it hit them in the face with a wet haddock.

Now this disingenuous culture is embedded into IW along with the slapstick nonsense we see with Paul the Berk and Shiny Faced Girl#2.

Is it just me or is the whole caboodle getting worse?

I cannot recall QVC selling fan heaters etc..presented on-air as a viable alternative and more economical than employing a central heating system? Do they?
What they say is not credible.

A small heater is no substitute for proper central heating. If you heat one room only the rest of the home will get cold and damp. And it will be very expensive despite the fibs they tell to the contrary.

I notice they have stopped mentioning the winter fuel allowance which they thought was a useful little selling device a few weeks ago.

However, they still rely on fear; you'll overheat in summer or freeze in winter. Disgusting.

Should we drop in on Pete the Cheat in his luxury Winslow house I don't think we'll find him or Bet or Josh cowering over a one bar electric element.

View attachment 30078
I can't knock the YTS, I was on one and it got me my first job😄. And now I'm a Civil Servant (not a Selly Telly goon). But I wasn't a giggling, sycophantic trainee (I hope🤣)

No QVC don’t. They usually give you the details, proper demonstration and leave it up to you to decide. The only time they mention electricity costs is when they’re selling heated throws or heated airers. I don’t have my cereal heating turned up high as I don't like it too hot preferring around 19C. My heated throw is used when it gets really cold, use it unheated when I just need to keep my legs warm.
Hate autocorrect. I don’t have cereal heating but central heating🤣

Hate autocorrect. I don’t have cereal heating but central heating🤣

Could have been a very large bowl of readybrek in the middle of the room.

Just turned the tellybox on, soon switched channel with PB and cohort discussing an insulated mug, does it really take two of them? Is it because they only possess half a brain each.

I thought I know, lets see what QVC have on and its crafting with Sara Davies, so I'm watching recorded stuff instead.

Latest posts

Back