Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If you can't find the source, best not to make the quote. As I said the idea that 1 in 4 pensioners are millionaires is pie in the sky. Nobody apart from Labour lackeys believe that.

3 million pensioner millionaires: - Intergenerational Foundation

There was no special pay award for nurses regarding covid though they certainly deserved one.

Like I said means test for winter fuel allowance but start with those on the higher tax band. That would be far fairer than pulling the plug across the board as they have done. And it will capture all the "millionaires"! The reality is millions will suffer. Many will die. They don't give a tinker's cuss. None of these people are working class not like the old days when we had miners and steel workers in parliament. Most of them are lawyers or bankers if they have done any proper jobs at all.

The budget will be more bad news especially for the lower paid. Fuel duty will increase because this is a metropolitan government who think everyone should be using buses and bikes. Thus motorists will be attacked next and used as a cash cow as sure as day follows night. You don't have to be Einstein.

I don't like the way the country is going but thank goodness we have Ideal World who will help us with all our little problems by offering useful products at the lowest prices. Mike Mason is our friend "in the business" and is only interested in our welfare. Hence his offer of a fan heater in lieu of the winter fuel allowance and why not buy two? What a diamond geezer he is.

If you can't find the source, best not to make the quote. As I said the idea that 1 in 4 pensioners are millionaires is pie in the sky. Nobody apart from Labour lackeys believe that.
Nope. As replied/referenced
3 million pensioner millionaires: - Intergenerational Foundation

The current OAPs are the post-war Boomer generation who had low property prices, full employment, defined benefit company golden pension schemes, full state pension, stamp paid and benefited from property price boom, council house sales, 80s market boom, dot com boom, tax free Tessa, PEPs, ISAs. So many are well off.

There was no special pay award for nurses regarding covid though they certainly deserved one.

Last year, more than one million NHS staff on the Agenda for Change contract - which includes nurses, paramedics, 999 call handlers, midwives, security guards and cleaners - received 2 one-off payments alongside a 5% pay rise.25 Mar 2024
One-off payments of up to £3000 for over 27000 health workers

Like I said means test for winter fuel allowance but start with those on the higher tax band. That would be far fairer than pulling the plug across the board as they have done. And it will capture all the "millionaires"!

You could set the WFP threshold using the basic rate tax band. Anybody paying income tax (12.5k) doesn't receive the WFP, or has the £300 added to their L code (+1500 at 20%=£300) but those not paying proper tax/self assessment might avoid this.

It is disappointing there was no apparent impact assessment where they could have deducted where the threshold should be rather than the Pension Credit level being used.
But that's the cheapest way to implement simply.

Just wait for the budget. The WFP abolition will pale into insignificance.
Wait until the pips start to squeak.
Change. Bright future. My @rse..

Ok, said my piece.

Back to Ideal Worst. (sic) 😁

Last edited:
I NEVER LIE TO YOU….Well….

IMG_1251.jpeg

Not the channel’s lowest price EVER on those Slazenger bags either, as I recall..
Is it me, or are the items on IW3 sloooowwwllly improving to be a bit better than the market trader, back of a lorry loader stuff from TJC up until now?

Slazenger bag, Xenta soundbar.

P.S. Many pensioners must have money... Look at all of 'em buying this tat on IW! 😜

Btw, 'thought you'd like to know I received my first ever items ordered from IW3. The hand-made wooden storage boxes.

The RM Tracked 24 postage label (and the pre-paid return label) both still have return address as Shop TJC!!!!

It’s a real coincidence because we just got back from Greece today and paid £360 for a massage for two and a steam room…
Well that's what our Peter charges when he's out there with his 'clients'. Did you pay 'Bet' who does all the admin?

I mean, did you actually see the masseur's face when you were face down and all were obscured by the steam?
🧖‍♂️♨️🛖

Is it me, or are the items on IW3 sloooowwwllly improving to be a bit better than the market trader, back of a lorry loader stuff from TJC up until now?

P.S. Many pensioners must have money... Look at all of 'em buying this tat on IW! 😜

Don't get carried away, Phaed. I've been over this overpriced sound bar once already.

TJC/IW3 bought a truck load of old — going by the lack of specs on the box, very old — clearance stock of a cheap, no-frills, white-label sound bar Xenta imported and sold under its brand.

It's not a turn around for the channel.

IW3 was selling Amazon Basics heaters earlier in the year. Once they sell through their job lot clearance stock they get cheap, the item doesn't come back. Why? Because they're not IW2 - they're not striking deals with brand suppliers, they're just buying up clearance stock from third-parties. It's what discount stores do. You can walk in an independent pound shop or bargain_dave type outlet on eBay and find branded goods - Walkers crisps near their use by date, rows of the least popular Star Wars action figure (just that one, no other characters), and so on.

And tbh Xenta isn't some prestigious brand, either. It doesn't make, design, engineer, or do anything other than put its name on imported goods (and as I said earlier, it doesn't even do that on most things - you won't find a reference to Xenta on the device itself). It just like TJC's 'Homesmart' brand or Swan & Edgar watches: their logo on white-label products.

£39.99 for that sound bar is about £20 too much.

It's a step up for sure but Slazenger in particular is pushing it a bit ... bargain basement Mike Ashley specials which contributed ultimately to the downfall of the previous IW. Will they never learn?!

I know less than sweet f a about this stuff but I do know what Mike himself said on screen a couple of weeks ago and that was “buy cheap,buy twice” and he has said it before. And I tend to agree with that on the whole.

Well if that is his mantra fair comment but when he effuses about some of the cheap crap, he soon forgets his ‘mantra’

Hey ho..
He did say towards the end that his own sound bar cost about 250 quid and that wasn't considered high end but he got use out of it, words to that effect, and then said, I'm not going to tell you this is the best in the world but for what it is it's a good price. I think he's right (though grossly overselling it's features) he's a bit optimistic about what sort of TVs can use it as well. I've seen branded sound bars for cheaper on Amazon and eBay. They are also offering free postage on IW for this so at least they are trying. But then it is another of my pet peeves with them of randomly making up P&P

Latest posts

Back