Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They need to make a up to date program, not include QVC, But concentrate on IW.

Looking at how downhill the channel has become down the years

Thank you so much for sharing that Jazzy, that's such a time capsule! It's a shame that IW doesn't exist. Heck, shame those gentler times don't!

I've solved the mystery of Pete's "kiss my anorak" line.

I saw a clip of Larry Grayson on YouTube and he was telling the audience that he attended a self defence class. He rang the bell and the woman who answered the door said in a snooty manner "what do you want?" He said "and I thought, you can kiss my anorak". The implication being 'kiss my a*se'. It's funny as the punchline of a joke, but out of context is just weird.

He was talking about Everard's previous career as a ballet dancer. "His Sugar Plum Fairy was marvellous, and his Nutcracker Suite was the talk of the business"🤣🤣🤣

Always funny, never crude like Peter.

Knowledge/education, and the ability not to just believe everything you're told are so important in life, particularly on IW. For example doing your own price comparison. Being cynical when told clothing is probably a designer item as the label has been cut off. In fact I have an example of his. I was in a little clothes shop in Dorset, didn't have loads of each item, quite a few one offs. I saw a pretty top in my size on a specal offer £10 rail, label cut out. I tried it on and it looked nice so bought it. When I got it home I saw it had a washing label on the inside and it said F&F - Tesco's own brand Florence and Fred. I was petty annoyed as the shop gave the impression of being quite upmarket. But I soon realised that it was a good quality product, a good price, washes well, and doesn't need ironing. I wear it fairly regularly and it still looks good. But I won't fall for that one again.

They need to make a up to date program, not include QVC, But concentrate on IW.

Looking at how downhill the channel has become down the years
Thanks for sharing Jazzy. I’d forgotten how professional it used to be. I was surprised by how many of the presenters both on QVC and IW were still on Selly Telly. The current IW presenters could learn a lot from watching their predecessors.

Was amazed by the advert about the minimum wage going up to £3.75? Per hour.

Latest posts

Back