Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There is a well-known comedy/drama series called Shameless. Not one of my favourites but the title could be taken by IW.

Last night Yiannis and Madam Natalia of Du Lally cooked up a story between them as far fetched as any I've ever heard.

The premise is that the £389.99 red led light-up belt could be used to get one's stomach back into shape as effectively as regular sessions in the gym. In fact they compared the near £400 cost of the wonder belt to an annual subscription to a gym. Yiannis promised this was so as he could never lie to us.

Now I have been amused by Pete the Cheat and Marketstall Mike, slightly less so by Jeremy the Desperate and have come to expect wild exaggerations from them. But now it has spread across the whole channel and when the likes of Nutty Natalia and Yiannis the Yawn spout such outrageous claims and comparisons one wonders where it will end.

This forum has been going since 2014 with some of the original contributors still going strong. I admire their longevity, persistence and wit. Some have contacted the ASA and I have complained directly to IW CS. We just get platitudes in reply. Ever decreasing circles? (Great programme that).
There was a post earlier today saying that Sally said that she had never been this big and naturally wasn't happy about it, with the natural comment that she should use the plethora of slimming aids available on IW that they claim work miracles.

I think there are not many shortcuts to losing weight, there's the new weight loss drug Ozempic and stomach reducing surgery. I've watched the TV programmes of the people over 600lbs who have surgery and it's difficult to adjust. Your stomach is tiny but it doesn't deal with the urge to eat. And I think there's side effects with the drug.

It mainly comes down to eating a bit less and a bit better, and being more active. If these devices worked we'd all be fitter and doctors would be delighted. I'm just as bad for buying stuff like this, using it for a while then giving up. However I have started using a 6 in 1 machine with foot pedals (had it for years!), I've used this pedal function for 15 minutes 3 times a week. I'm finding it a little easier to walk uphill or upstairs, and my joints are less stiff so I can walk slightly faster and for longer. Not a major improvement but I'm happy. I've also been cutting down a bit on food and trying to eat less cr*p and have lost 2 pounds. Again not much and it's slow work. I've got joint problems so anything that makes movement easier is good for my overall health.

Sally is not a good advert for a company trying to make money out of selling these gadgets. Don't they think that the audience may notice this too?

£499.99 :eek: :eek: :eek:

It's only £295 on kevski's site.

Capture.JPG

Latest posts

Back