Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jeremy stated that insurance companies give discounts if a dash cam is fitted. In fact he was arguing with himself saying people had denied this but its true.

It isn't. Certainly if you buy a policy online there is no such question asked in my experience.

And the man gets so angry and defensive I find him quite unpleasant.
It was true that companied offered this a few years ago but I believe they had to supply the cameras

Reading instructions off the box live on-air as he most certainly does do at times, is NOT a sign of pre-show products prep to me. In fairness, he is probably too busy ordering stock, pricing it and pleading with suppliers to replenish the numerous sell-outs that reappear on all these endless clearance shows.
He also said they got an item back in stock but put it in clearance, 🤷‍♂️

He also said they got an item back in stock but put it in clearance, 🤷‍♂️

emoji.jpg

If I could select this reaction, I would.

"I'll explain again: I want to insure my Kia for the price of a brand new Porsche. They're all made of the same materials. Did I mention it also has a CRAPTEK dash cam with 0.2 megapixel camera in it, and there's a DuChump in the glove box?"
I wonder what would happen if it was stolen and you claimed £1750 on your insurance. For an unknown brand from a tv shopping channel that you paid what £400 quid for. Perhaps if you do buy one you should keep a recording of whichever shyster was presenting and use as proof from an “expert”. Mind you would anyone actually steal it in the first place?

Hope i haven’t offended anyone who has bought said watch, but I am curious.

Ofthemasons doing one of his long, embroidered stories to sell a thermos flask for 9 quid.
"When I worked at a delivery place.........Steve, a lovely fellow......filled his flask with hot coffee......poured hot beverages hours later".
"Buy as many as you can" :ROFLMAO:

Prices will go up to 25 quid when the cold weather arrives.

Hilarious watching him explain how a flask works.

What's next? "fresh air, it's flying out, breathe it in gang - only £5.99 a gulp, worth every pound and penny".
They will be selling tins of Scotch Mist next!

All these endless e-mails he (supposedly) gets from viewers asking about when this and that is coming back, like: Ideal World has a customer services team for that stuff, surely? And if they don't, why do viewers only seem to e-mail Mike? Why not Pedro, or Gen, or Dr Edwards?

And assuming these e-mails to Mike are real (which they aren't) why do viewers expect a presenter be on top of product orders and shipments and schedules when that's what IW's logistics and buyers are paid to sort out?

Cos the way Mike tells it, when he's not on screen he's liaising with the the buyers, the warehouse, and customer services to find out if the crate load of felt tips are en route, when the next lot of Nuebo's are returning from orbit, and hassling the boss to get another load of walking canes.

Probably manages the staff rotas too, eh. Hope he gets paid for all these other roles he takes on "in the business".

Like a lot of what these presenters spout, half of it doesn't hold up to logic when you actually think about what they're saying.

Torchy now saying he has used a slimming belt since he was 18! He's on with Natalia, said he gets up at 6 with his boys, and they watch her beauty shows! Poor little souls, I bet every day is a blast in their house.
Blinking heck the poor kids could be damaged for life. Perhaps they think she’s a cartoon character.

Right,ok,I am a newbie ok?
And no,I am not ‘him’ in disguise….but I think I have just lost the will to live and past the point of no return! I have enjoyed reading this forum for a long time…and rather than laughing at these so called ‘presenters’ as I used to,I am now throwing imaginary things at the telly( rattan,canes,gammon you get the picture).
Watching the Patronizing Arrogant Sexist (PAS if you will) bald fella has just annoyed me so much( in my view anyway).

He was demonstrating another flask( not the renown smidge) and he actually said ‘it works using a vacuum of air’…🤣🤣🤣…not funny really but disgraceful! Mike,it’s either a vacuum or it’s air as the insulator!,,
Before that he demonstrated a screwdriver with bits and was extolling the virtues of paying more money for a decent product…and said ‘buy cheap buy twice’ … i sat on the edge of my seat waiting for this price… yes folks £7.99… and after these items I joined this forum.
It’s just not funny anymore. Very sad that they have no conscience,in my view,targeting probably vulnerable/maybe housebound people and living the high life.

I would make a crap salesman as I was born with a heart .
If it’s plastic with LED lights Ideal World will sell it…and as we speak the paper aeroplanes are flying out..

Rant over(for now)
Take note Muriel,Agatha,Gertrude,Edna (other old ladies names are available…) hang on.. Florence is in,Edith is in,Maude is in (in bed that is)

Sorry for long post. Now off my chest and hope to be a regular.
Love Duke,Hammy et al..and Herring! So funny
Welcome, if you're throwing imaginary things at the telly and claiming to have lost the will to live you should fit in well😁

I just managed to find the entire series of It Ain't Half Hot Mum and have begun rewatching. I enjoyed Windsor Davies in another show where he played an antiques dealer called Never The Twain
I remember on It Ain't Half Hot Mum, la di da Gunner Graham was reading James Joyce's book Ulysses. The sergeant major looked and it and thought it said Useless🤣. He clearly wasn't one for literature!

Janis has done a lot of research on a humidifier - that's supposed to reassure "Gloria" :ROFLMAO:
Oh, it's ok, he has Peter van Aveabuy there to discuss mould lol. (Looks like he's started using Just for Men, is it being sold on Carnival Clearance?)

Some almost surreal stuff like "your carpet is like a giant sponge"
I presume Dirty Pedro has one to drain his damp hovel!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back