Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Car Doctor Edwards with invaluable tyre pressure advice this morning. “Now..tyre pressure goes UP in hot weather…er…up?…er DOWN…UP,” he struggles with. “Anyway - it changes.” Thank you, Doctor. Your knowledge of all fields is beyond question. Best go for a pint with your mate Chris Duchump and calm down a bit. Battery Price Comparison coming up…£29440 for 24 elsewhere..Er….sorry £29.40….

The selling tactics are simply unbelievable. Where the hell charges £30 for 12 of these? they can be picked up for a fiver!

Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 10.46.12.png

Car Doctor Edwards with invaluable tyre pressure advice this morning. “Now..tyre pressure goes UP in hot weather…er…up?…er DOWN…UP,” he struggles with. “Anyway - it changes.” Thank you, Doctor. Your knowledge of all fields is beyond question. Best go for a pint with your mate Chris Duchump and calm down a bit. Battery Price Comparison coming up…£29440 for 24 elsewhere..Er….sorry £29.40….
He's a complete idiot. On the pack of the batteries they are selling it states ''upto 109% more power'' - he said that means you get an extra 9%. No it means you get just over double moron.

I seem to have the knack of hopping on to IW for literally 90 secs tops, and most of the time during those brief seconds I catch something that makes me laugh (not in a funny way) or think 'eh?!?'

Last night this happened during the Vostok watch show. Yiannis says 'when have you EVER seen a watch design like this?!?' Kevin then says it's a bullhead design, when Googled you realise they're actually not uncommon ...

I also caught a bit where Kevin said 'you'll be out, for example in a restaurant, and I guarantee someone will come up to you and say 'nice watch' and that will kick off a conversation about it.'

How often do we reckon this has actually happened?!? I'd want left in peace to finish my prawn cocktail!!!

It does nothing but reiterate the type of person they're targeting ...
The only time I have been approached in that fashion was when I was on holiday in a cafe/bar and two German ladies approached us to ask what I was drinking because they thought it looked nice and wanted to order it!

Strangely enough they never said "nice sunhat"...🤣

The selling tactics are simply unbelievable. Where the hell charges £30 for 12 of these? they can be picked up for a fiver!

View attachment 29323
Robert Dyas are always doing offers on AA and AAA batteries, their price comparison certainly doesn't come ftom there.

Even if a shopping channel was a bit cheaper, its so much more convenient to just pick some up when I'm in there, not pay postage, and not have the faff of delivery if I'm not in. I've always got plenty of each type so I never run out.

Oh Jezza the big Jessie is back on.

He did the late shift last night which include a 21/2 hour Duchump segment, feature two colours of the Grand Mont watch, yeah 21/2 hours on two colours of the same watch. :eek: :ROFLMAO:
In his introduction, Jessie decided to spout some utter bullshit in droves, how he's a big fan of Duchump and has a Duchump Raidillon so knows all about the brand. Swiss brand, have a small workshop in Switzerland. They also have a small workshop in Surrey, and because it's same technology, Swiss made components/design but put together over here, we can still call them Swiss made even though they were made here, but being made here you're buying British as well, win win he says, all the Swiss tech with the British side as well.

As well as the usual bullshit about Duchump, and there was lots and lots of lies and misinformation, Jessie also advise us these watches would be an investment, buy them on the cheap and sell at the higher RRP price, others are doing this so it's makes sense so just buy and make money.

Yeah Jessie, great point, just a shame the watch is assembled in the Far East. As for small workshops, the one in Switzerland doesn't belong to Duchump as they ain't watchmakers and it ain't small, being as it houses the production facilities for Roamer, Swiss Military by Hanowa and a host of othe Swiss and Non Swiss non-watchmaking brands. As for Surrey, there's a printing firm at that address, with indication there's a watch workshop or even if Duchump have an office in the building and given in their latest accounts they only have two employees (The two Directors) i'm at a loss as to whom is assembling these watches at this phantom workshop. As for Investment, unless you con some clueless idiot, it ain't gonna happen.

I seem to have the knack of hopping on to IW for literally 90 secs tops, and most of the time during those brief seconds I catch something that makes me laugh (not in a funny way) or think 'eh?!?'

Last night this happened during the Vostok watch show. Yiannis says 'when have you EVER seen a watch design like this?!?' Kevin then says it's a bullhead design, when Googled you realise they're actually not uncommon ...

I also caught a bit where Kevin said 'you'll be out, for example in a restaurant, and I guarantee someone will come up to you and say 'nice watch' and that will kick off a conversation about it.'

How often do we reckon this has actually happened?!? I'd want left in peace to finish my prawn cocktail!!!

It does nothing but reiterate the type of person they're targeting ...

Never.

Not true because MikeOfTheMasons said that when you walk in a bar (wearing whatever cruddy watch HD was selling at the time), the conversation would stop, dogs would stop barking, and everyone would stare at you in awe and somebody would demand to know what brand it was and where they could get it.

And I believe him😜.

Oh Jezza the big Jessie is back on.

He did the late shift last night which include a 21/2 hour Duchump segment, feature two colours of the Grand Mont watch, yeah 21/2 hours on two colours of the same watch. :eek: :ROFLMAO:
In his introduction, Jessie decided to spout some utter bullshit in droves, how he's a big fan of Duchump and has a Duchump Raidillon so knows all about the brand. Swiss brand, have a small workshop in Switzerland. They also have a small workshop in Surrey, and because it's same technology, Swiss made components/design but put together over here, we can still call them Swiss made even though they were made here, but being made here you're buying British as well, win win he says, all the Swiss tech with the British side as well.

As well as the usual bullshit about Duchump, and there was lots and lots of lies and misinformation, Jessie also advise us these watches would be an investment, buy them on the cheap and sell at the higher RRP price, others are doing this so it's makes sense so just buy and make money.

Yeah Jessie, great point, just a shame the watch is assembled in the Far East. As for small workshops, the one in Switzerland doesn't belong to Duchump as they ain't watchmakers and it ain't small, being as it houses the production facilities for Roamer, Swiss Military by Hanowa and a host of othe Swiss and Non Swiss non-watchmaking brands. As for Surrey, there's a printing firm at that address, with indication there's a watch workshop or even if Duchump have an office in the building and given in their latest accounts they only have two employees (The two Directors) i'm at a loss as to whom is assembling these watches at this phantom workshop. As for Investment, unless you con some clueless idiot, it ain't gonna happen.
Yeah but apart from all that he's pretty much spot on, lol!

Not true because MikeOfTheMasons said that when you walk in a bar (wearing whatever cruddy watch HD was selling at the time), the conversation would stop, dogs would stop barking, and everyone would stare at you in awe and somebody would demand to know what brand it was and where they could get it.

And I believe him😜.
This is a mythical Mike moment.

Like when someone overhears him singing and asks: "Wow! Did you used to be a professional? You are note perfect."

Or a woman remarks "Cor! Mike you smell divine what fragrance is that you are wearing?" And he says "It's William Hunt actually." And she replies "Oh the Fishmongers?".

His life is littered with such occasions, the price of IW fame.

There's a Pick of the Day, Willie Hunt watches special at 9 pm tonight.

I presume if you're taking the Hunt, then you're getting something better than Vostok, not only better than Duchamp, not only better than the 20-squid smartphone.
But can it compare to a Swan and Edgar or, the daddy of them all - Mr Tommy Earnshaw??

Maybe the secret to a life of being on time is just to multi-buy - the collectors, of course, get one of each.

Yeah that one puzzled me too, some folks said it's sold in teh technology dept, but don't see any thing listed. But some folks have said that there is an Opatra salon in Harrods, I wonder if they sell products in their Salon rather than through Harrods itself?

No Harrods shoppers on the forum that can pop in and check? :ROFLMAO:
There is no Opatra Salon in Harrods. It was Peter Sherlock who said that the products are available in the Technology Department in Harrods. I’d say that the next time I’m in London I’ll go and check, but there are much better things to do than that!!!🤣

Latest posts

Back