Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I may have mentioned here that I saw a kind of pop up stall in Westfield Shepherds Bush selling Opatra. The ones in between the shops. I try to avoid these because some of the staff are so desperate to make a sale they do everything they can to engage with you, they can be annoying. Like those 'charity muggers' you see in the high street.

I wear in ear headphones (even with no music sometimes) and when people like this try to talk to me I just point to the headphones and continue walking😊

Those experiences are everywhere - they have those pop up stalls all over, and people complain about them a lot…

from https://opatra.pissedconsumer.com/complaints/RT-P.html#reviews

Screenshot 2024-08-04 at 17.27.32.png

They probably won't let me get past the door before they direct me to the nearest street market where they think I belong😂
Talking of not making it inside the building…We asked to use the BBC staff restaurant while on a BTP organised London Transport safety course at White City. The security guard let the two of us in, and there we were, sitting near the likes of Richard Baker, Sue Lawley (by The Police) etc..Being flash, we both tried our luck on the second day of the course, taking two young WPCs with us to impress them. The same security guard refused to let us in a second time. I can feel the humiliation still - 40 plus years later!!

Those experiences are everywhere - they have those pop up stalls all over, and people complain about them a lot…

from https://opatra.pissedconsumer.com/complaints/RT-P.html#reviews

View attachment 29307
OMG I've never read any complaints before, thought it was just one of those irritating things in life. One of the worst ones was selling hand cream, I got snared in the first time for a demonstration. Very in your face, compliments, in your personal space, very difficult to get away unless you chose to be very impolite.

Never again. I see these ones in Westfield and don't make eye contact. Although once I was in a silly mood and when he started talking I said "I'm sorry I don't speak English" (in English obviously). Then continued walking. I've used that one on charity muggers too.

Foghorn wants us to log onto tik tok to see and hear all that happened on her holiday, and what happened with Jet2 She knows we can't be bothered to do that, so won't be commenting. She's obviously doesn't like criticism.

She doesn't have much luck with her luggage on trips, always seems to end in tragedy. :ROFLMAO:

Yiannis acting like he's frightened to get his stomach out for people to see but has pushed himself so we can see the results of his little skinny hoop ...

Screenshot 2024-08-04 at 19.40.44.png

There is a reason why he and others spend £170 (his words) on a monthly gym subscription and not £12.99 on a plastic hula type hoop. The gym creates his six pack and the hoop doesn’t. Yet he explains on air that the hoop is a viable alternative to paying out for the gym. He even has the front (literally) to present his stomach to camera to suggest the hoop has helped improve it. Really? So many times with these presenters, they say do as say and not as I do.

Yiannis really is full of utter ****. Lower than a snakes belly.
I watched a few mins last night and whilst he was flogging another quality product I couldn't help notice the table kept wobbling every time he leaned on it. Such a pro setup, why the feck someone couldn't have shoved a proverbial beer mat under one corner goodness only knows.

I remember the perfume “squirters” in Department stores. Never gave you a choice but just sprayed it on you. I hasten to add not the well known perfumiers. The worse one was a rose perfume that was awful. I was in Selfridges and got caught by them, I stunk to high heaven! Wasn’t popular on the bus going back to work or my colleagues. Soon as I got home clothes straight in the washing machine and me in the shower. Used to use the side entrance through their food department after that thus avoiding the perfume department.

Latest posts

Back