Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yeah that one puzzled me too, some folks said it's sold in teh technology dept, but don't see any thing listed. But some folks have said that there is an Opatra salon in Harrods, I wonder if they sell products in their Salon rather than through Harrods itself?

No Harrods shoppers on the forum that can pop in and check? :ROFLMAO:
I live in London but never go in Harrods (Poundland is more my style🤣). However if I'm in the area I will go in and check.

Also available from The Trafford Centre.
IMG_8525.png

I live in London but never go in Harrods (Poundland is more my style🤣). However if I'm in the area I will go in and check.
I used to police the Harrods Sales for the BTP in the 1980s. Well, I say ‘police’. In fact, I stood there outside Knightsbridge Tube in full uniform, being asked how to get to Harrods by American tourists virtually standing outside it, but not bothering to look behind them to see it. When it got overly tedious, I’d direct them to the Science Museum or Harvey Nichols instead. Or told them it had moved to Morden.

Last edited:
That's interesting then. They sell for full price like advertised on the Opatra website I assume? although I feel that can't be the case as everyone would just buy from IW and sell them on for a huge profit.

Being stocked in Harrods isn't as prestigious as it sounds - but people think it is! If it's in Harrods, it MUST be good, right?

Nah; works like any other retailer - you meet their buyers, give them an offer, if it's attractive enough, they'll stock you (usually on sale or return basis - i.e., they don't buy anything from you).

The whole ploy is explained on UK business forums (which explains it better than I can) but basically, you go to Harrods buyers, make them a really stupid offer, i.e., "it costs us £12 to make this Opatra tat, we've set the RRP at £1000, we only want our £12 plus a few quid on top for each sale, and we're willing to let you keep the rest of the profit".

Costs Harrods nothing since they don't buy the stock - they only get paid if it sells, and with those crazy high RRPs they only need to sell one once in a while for it to be worth it…

How does this benefit Opatra?

Screenshot 2024-08-04 at 14.38.55.png

You'll make more money from sales OUTSIDE of Harrods because you can say "we're stocked in Harrods".

Schleps out there lap it up.

"Derek! DEREK! This Opatra DermaGlow 2K Gold Wand is £2,000 in Harrods, but IW has it for £150. You got your £8,000 Swan & Edgar Torbouilion watch for £250 from here, so it's time to treat myself… We're so smart watching the Home of Big Bargains!"

Last edited:
Just out of interest I looked on the page for Harrods beauty Salon. They do have similar treatments but no mention that I could find for Opatra. Oops should have carried on reading as see Jazzy has given update.
I may have mentioned here that I saw a kind of pop up stall in Westfield Shepherds Bush selling Opatra. The ones in between the shops. I try to avoid these because some of the staff are so desperate to make a sale they do everything they can to engage with you, they can be annoying. Like those 'charity muggers' you see in the high street.

I wear in ear headphones (even with no music sometimes) and when people like this try to talk to me I just point to the headphones and continue walking😊

Foghorn wants us to log onto tik tok to see and hear all that happened on her holiday, and what happened with Jet2 She knows we can't be bothered to do that, so won't be commenting. She's obviously doesn't like criticism.
I'm not on TikTok so won't be able to hear all about her holiday. That's a shame😋.

Latest posts

Back