Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't see how a tiny box like that can cool a whole room. Muriel has bought one of course.
Pedro was claiming people were buying four of them at a time the night before!

I wasn't online yesterday so couldn't post. but on Sunday he had his gym gear on to sell the vibraplate. Was claiming that he used to be twenty stone and was obese, that was until he was introduced to the vibraplate! Dirty Pete has been on our screens for years, I certainly don't ever remember him being "obese" and he's always looked fairly slim and trim.

I wasn't online yesterday so couldn't post. but on Sunday he had his gym gear on to sell the vibraplate. Was claiming that he used to be twenty stone and was obese, that was until he was introduced to the vibraplate! Dirty Pete has been on our screens for years, I certainly don't ever remember him being "obese" and he's always looked fairly slim and trim.

Ahh, his mythical "…and I was classed as obese, ok, right" routine.

When he was selling Jane Plan, that was what helped him lose weight.
When he was selling the treadmill, that was what helped him lose weight.
When he was selling the VibraPower, that was what helped him lose weight.
When he was selling the Sit n' Cycle, that was what helped him lose weight.

Pretty sure there was a supplement he hawked once that he attributed it to.

Same with his skin: Elizabeth Grant, Skinn, F(A)B, Dermawand, red light masks, Protocol, collagen fruit shots, whatever he's selling we hear the "this is my number one hero product. I swear by this. My doctor was astounded by not only the elasticity of my skin, right, but also of the tone, of the epidermis, of the… okay".

Last edited:
His doctor (poor sod) would only be astounded by the elasticity of his ridiculous claims just like the rest of us.
Don’t worry Doctor Lobitov has the magic potions to keep Pedro in peak condition!
All that chafing is a full time 24 hour condition,walking becomes uncomfortable 🤭 so the good Doctor has his hands full on many occasions 😂

No, don't remember obese. A bit flabby here and there at times but certainly no criticism for that.

Sounds like he MAY be lying (obviously I'm not making a direct comparison to a liar) to make us think that the product is wonderful. And if he was 20 stone how do we know that it was the vibraplate that helped him.

If these things really helped with weight loss the NHS would be using them in physio classes or at least strongly recommending them to overweight patients.

Message edited as I have just seen Herring's post above where Peter claimed everything he was selling helped him lose weight.

Don’t worry Doctor Lobitov has the magic potions to keep Pedro in peak condition!
All that chafing is a full time 24 hour condition,walking becomes uncomfortable 🤭 so the good Doctor has his hands full on many occasions 😂
That message is going to make me lose weight as I have lost my appetite for dinner🤣

He was a bit chubbier than today perhaps but never 20 stone. But he has claimed to use so many different products and it's funny that he'll only praise the one he's currently demonstrating and never in conjunction with lifestyle and diet. This "wonder" product scam becomes tiresome.

He's a gimmick merchant with zero credibility.

He was a bit chubbier than today perhaps but never 20 stone. But he has claimed to use so many different products and it's funny that he'll only praise the one he's currently demonstrating and never in conjunction with lifestyle and diet. This "wonder" product scam becomes tiresome.

He's a gimmick merchant with zero credibility.
Modern day snake oil salesmen, that's all they are.

Viewers of all selly telly channels would do well to remember that, especially viewers that buy from them.

I'm not saying all the products are rubbish, I'm not saying there aren't good deals to be had (I'm referring to the whole selly telly industry) however it's better to be skeptical with them and nearly everything they say ;)

It's a bit like Enid Blyton's Famous Five books, with Julian, George, Dick, Anne and Timmy the dog.
Certainly I can imagine Uncle Quentin, Aunt Fanny and Dick. I had to read those with a straight face to my little ones…
At one point, in one of Enid’s books, I swear Dick turned to Fanny and said ‘I like Cows’. No explanation, no context.
But I soldiered on…..

Walter has apparently sailed the World’s oceans in ‘catameringues’ wearing his Naughtyus watch? I assume the historical accreditation he links to this brand (created for submariners with four figures price structures) is yet more products of his imagination. Are these Chinese?

“The bracelet alone is worth £100.” Completely random statement with nothing to back it up. Why is it a £100 bracelet? Evidence, Walter? Evidence?? If he was standing in a grimy closed down shop doorway at nightfall with an overcoat full of them, he has a suitable pitch to suit.
They really do stretch the bounds of credibility, don’t they?
Most involved in sea sport would in the past, have worn (depending on funds) an Omega Seamaster, a Rolex Yacht-Master, a Breguet Marine, a Ulysses Nardin Marine Chronometer, an Oris 65, Longines Hydroconquest, Corum Admiral’s Cup, Tag Aquaracer, or a Rado Captain Cook. Nowadays, people seem to go for Garmin.
ResultCo products, well, not so much. Though people on catameringues might be different! Those on catamarans sometimes prefer Eterna Kon-Tiki.
If they weren’t so bad at this, it would actually be criminal IMO.

Certainly I can imagine Uncle Quentin, Aunt Fanny and Dick. I had to read those with a straight face to my little ones…
At one point, in one of Enid’s books, I swear Dick turned to Fanny and said ‘I like Cows’. No explanation, no context.
But I soldiered on…..
I read those books in the 60's, and I absolutely loved them. Times were much more innocent then.

They really do stretch the bounds of credibility, don’t they?
Most involved in sea sport would in the past, have worn (depending on funds) an Omega Seamaster, a Rolex Yacht-Master, a Breguet Marine, a Ulysses Nardin Marine Chronometer, an Oris 65, Longines Hydroconquest, Corum Admiral’s Cup, Tag Aquaracer, or a Rado Captain Cook. Nowadays, people seem to go for Garmin.
ResultCo products, well, not so much. Though people on catameringues might be different! Those on catamarans sometimes prefer Eterna Kon-Tiki.
If they weren’t so bad at this, it would actually be criminal IMO.

Have those two, never buying a Garmin though, just ain't a proper watch to me. ;):ROFLMAO:

Never met anybody or seen anyone on our watch forum with a Resultco/swan & edgar/william hunt watch, think i've seen one Nubeo on the forum but that's it, watches seen on TJC/IW are more a laughing stock than something to buy let alone add to your collection. ;)

But I soldiered on…..
This has just reminded me of Five Go Mad in Dorset🤣🤣🤣

Never met anybody or seen anyone on our watch forum with a Resultco/swan & edgar/william hunt watch, think i've seen one Nubeo on the forum but that's it, watches seen on TJC/IW are more a laughing stock than something to buy let alone add to your collection. ;)

I went to the pub the other night. It was a bit warm, but my colleague at work was predicting a heatwave for the last 3 weeks. Rolled my sleeves up (took my £70 Swan & Edgar cufflinks out). Figured it'd also give me a chance to show off the stunning, luxurious timepiece on my wrist.

Bar maid began walking over as soon as I sat down at a table. Knew this would happen.

"Excuse me", she said, "I—"

I stopper here right there, scoffed loudly, rolled my eyes, laughed, and gave her a cheeky wink.

"You want to ask me about what's on my wrist?", I said —not giving her a chance to reply of course as I wanted to assure her it was a rare timepiece of exquisite value, one of only 250 produced in this colour way, water resistant to 100 metres, came in a dive box, hand assembled in Geneva (probably), and just one of the many heirloom watches I have in my collection (some of which have been to space, but I don't like to mention that).

"Hmm, sort of", she replied, once I let her get a word in. "I wanted to ask if you could put your sleeves back down. Cover your watch up. It's just that, well, in here…"

I got her drift.

"Mugging hotspot. Gotcha. No worries, love. I've still got my cufflinks in my pocket. They're Swan & Edgar, heard of them? Given the state of this area probably not. Anyway, they're worth £70 on their own. And they sell at that all day long, and twice on Sundays."

Treated the lady to another cheeky wink.

But she looked blankly at me, sort of disgusted. Don't know why. I guess the fact I had a luxury timepiece on my wrist and £70 cufflinks on hand rubbed her up the wrong way. I wasn't going to tell her I didn't pay the book price, but happy to let her think I had…

"No, I came over to ask you to cover your 'watch' up as it lets people know you're a gullible moron easily parted with his cash on the basis of inferred heritage. I don't want the lads in here to…"

"Steal it?",
I asked.

She looked blank.

"Envy it? Ask me about it? What, love?! What's a matter with you, spit it out!"

"Take the Michael…",
she replied.

I downed my glass of medicinal and decided to leave.

No idea how she knew my name, but as I left I hissed at her: "That's Michael …of the Masons, to you, love".

Last edited:
Never met anybody or seen anyone on our watch forum with a Resultco/swan & edgar/william hunt watch
I'm not being funny Hammy, but by making that statement it's evident you don't know as much about watches as you think.

It's blatantly obvious why no one on your watch forum mentions owning these brands.

If they did, others on the forum would go to great lengths to obtain said watches from said forum members, whether by legal means or otherwise! Such is their desirability.

It's a bit like collectors of truly great art. They don't broadcast their purchases do they? Why do you think thee most trustworthy presenter, Peter Simon OBE MBE TWAT, advises purchasers to put these watches on the household insurance. He knows ...

;)

Continuing the pub theme.

Let's say someone does notice your colourful watch and asks what it it is.

You say "it's a William Hunt".

William Hunt, who's he?

Well, he was a London tailor based in Saville Row.

Er, right so...?

Well, his shop has closed down but he now promotes these prestige watches see?

Eh?

Yeah, they are on his Web site at high prices but he doesn't actually sell them there as they are out of stock.

I don't quite get you...

That's why you don't see many around. They are rare see?

I'm not surprised mate. Sorry I asked.

Latest posts

Back