Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Creepy Mark on TJC selling Globenfeld watches. They make Billy Hunt look classy.

More junk from the Fields family. The finishing on those cheap Chinese movements is awful, those watches use the same movement you find in Winner watches on Ali Express, except they sell for £15 as against £80 TJC are wanting.

More junk from the Fields family. The finishing on those cheap Chinese movements is awful, those watches use the same movement you find in Winner watches on Ali Express, except they sell for £15 as against £80 TJC are wanting.
Absolutely right. I have yet to work on a Chinese mechanism without random tooling marks, and it’s common to find random fingerprints and even hairs. They nearly all use plastic spacer rings.
You just don’t get that in any Swiss, German or Japanese mechanism.

I went on the IW website last night to buy one of them there Mann Egerton Main Distributor Metro/Maestro/Montego watches but they were sold out.

The Austin Allegro Automatic had gone too.

Very disappointing.

I think this goes to show that we need to heed the warnings of the guys when they say something is about to sell out, to check out our baskets, to buy now.

After all they can only tell us the facts. And not only because...

I remember the Swan & Edgar's that had (gold plating?) but however it was done, the end result was very plastic looking. I'm not even saying that as a joke, the gold looked like plastic and therefore helped make the watch look like it should be a gift in a 2p penny fall arcade game.

He has smartened up his clothes somewhat. Blue jacket not shacket. The shirt underneath was smart but not ironed though! :)
He always looks like he needs a good wash! It's not difficult - reasonably smart hair, ironed shirt, and smart nails particularly if there's close camera work selling jewellery. And scruffy, unkempt beards are a no-no from me.

A dartboard for four and five year olds? Yes - the darts are not sharp but magnet tipped, but chucked at somebody’s face/head, they could do damage. The tips could be chewed and or swallowed- even the whole dart at worst. I think recommending this £9.99 dartboard for an age range that young is a strange marketing choice.
My mother would have said "you could have someone's eye out with that". I once heard Billy Connolly observe that all mothers had an eye gouging fixation!😂

Just having a quick look at what’s on IW and it’s the single draw air fryer and I hear the air fryer expert say
« If your a couple you can cook your meat fish and chips in here ALL at the same time »
REALY
Having just come back from holiday where we had a single draw air fryer in the kitchen I absolutely defy anyone to fit all those foods in the fryer at the same time without having to pile them all in on top of each other I also dread to think how yucky the fish would taste soaked in meat juices 😷

Just having a quick look at what’s on IW and it’s the single draw air fryer and I hear the air fryer expert say
« If your a couple you can cook your meat fish and chips in here ALL at the same time »
REALY
Having just come back from holiday where we had a single draw air fryer in the kitchen I absolutely defy anyone to fit all those foods in the fryer at the same time without having to pile them all in on top of each other I also dread to think how yucky the fish would taste soaked in meat juices 😷
I know you can buy dividers but yeah ud struggle

Latest posts

Back