Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Let's face it, if any of us had £2000 plus to spend on a watch, we wouldn't be looking for a Chris Duchump, would we?? And if I had £600 to spend on a watch, I would go for a Citizen or something of similar reputation. That probably tells you why Citizen watches aren't seen on shopping channels like Ideal World, but Chrissie Boy Duchumps are.

He's saying the watch is made in Switzerland. Is this correct? He will have Jean Paul on the line soon telling him to take it off air. 🤣🤣

That quartz one is, assembled in Mendrisio, the automatic version of the Raidillon they've been selling recently (the one Mason wanted) isn't it's assembled in the Far East.

Let's face it, if any of us had £2000 plus to spend on a watch, we wouldn't be looking for a Chris Duchump, would we?? And if I had £600 to spend on a watch, I would go for a Citizen or something of similar reputation. That probably tells you why Citizen watches aren't seen on shopping channels like Ideal World, but Chrissie Boy Duchumps are.

At that price range there are hundreds probably thousands of watches to choose from before Christophe Duchamp. As well as estabished Japanese & Swiss brands, you've loads of micro brands and even Chinese brands to choose from.

I tell a lie, I *was* approached about my watch once.

Two young 'lads' spotted my watch and said 'nice watch, have you got the time mate?"

With my hands put firmly in pockets, I replied "9:30" (pm, I'd checked 3mins earlier) and walked on.

Yes, they were probably going to mug/steal it if I'd stopped and been unaware.

Tip: if anyone approaches you about your watch, in a bar or anywhere... run! 🙂
What about the bald fella? - He might be telling you it will help pull the birds

What about the bald fella? - He might be telling you it will help pull the birds
I think you'll find it's my glittering personality, sparkling wit and Adonis-like features that 'pull the birds', not my Swan & Edgar wristwatch.

Or it might be my big red knob. In the kitchen, above the cooker.

Or my big fat wad. In my wallet.
😁

For £600 you can get a decent Tissot, and automatic. And many others better than Duchamp.
Cue Hammy mentioning Roamer of Switzerland!

Off topic from here as such, but on another channel’s thread I just read Vapid Stoat has said they are leaving the forum. Very sorry to hear that as I thought they were a superb and very funny writer. Good people and quality contributors on message boards in general sometimes fall away for whatever reasons, and then it is as if they never were. That’s wrong. Thanks for the posts, VS.

Last edited:
For £600 you can get a decent Tissot, and automatic. And many others better than Duchamp.
Cue Hammy mentioning Roamer of Switzerland!

To be honest wasn’t really thinking of Roamer, although do comapre them a lot :ROFLMAO:, was thinking more about the popular Swiss watchmaking brands, Tissot, Certina, Hamilton, Mido etc, but I suppose in this instance Roamer is probably the perfect brand to use as a comparison.

Actual Mendrisio facilities, home to Roamer

roamer.JPG

and Photoshop pic from Duchamp web site, allegedly original head office/facilities of Christophe Duchamp

Du.JPG

Roamer – All Watches assembled in Mendrisio.

Duchamp – Mix of assembly between Mendrisio and Far East.

Roamer – Have their own designs.

Duchamp - Mostly copies of Roamer designs.

Roamer – An actual Swiss watch brand, with actual history & heritage dating back to 1888.

Duchamp – Pretendy Swiss brand with a history & heritage dating back to Woking in Oct 2020.

Roamer – RRP’s range from approx. £250 - £830 for original designed Swiss Made watches.

Duchamp – RRP’s range from £1450 - £2995 for copied designed mix of Swiss & Far East made watches.

There is absolutely no logical reason for Duchamp's high RRPs as against Roamer's RRPs other than to be part of a marketing con job. They are not better quality, better workmanship, better movements etc, at best some of their watches are on a par with Roamer but some definately ain't.

And as Duke has mentioned, i'd willingly sacrifice an alleged bargain for honesty any day of the week.

Latest posts

Back