Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Duchamp Radillion again! The oh so exclusive, limited edition watch. They have been flogging this for a couple of weeks now. I bet they have a container load of them in the warehouse.
I typically wear a Swan & Edgar on one wrist, a Duchump on the other and have a Nobeuo on a necklace around my neck.

I bet you have to fight off hoardes of people wanting to ask about your timepieces. I hope you've got them on your insurance.
Yes I have to fight them off, they're not asking questions are such, more a case of shouting stuff at me :(

I tried to put them on my insurance however every company I try says the same thing. The watches are simply too valuable for them to insure. If I ever made a claim it could risk the financial viability of their company.

Yeah, but Swan & Edgar were at least a real store, once. Ok the watch brand is not them, not related to them in any way, a fake old store brand reallocated onto a watch. Whereas Grace Bros. was a fiction of Croft & Lloyd!

Swan & Edgar Ltd was a department store, located at Piccadilly Circus on the western side between Piccadilly and Regent Street established in the early 19th century and closed in 1982.
View attachment 28752

Swan & Edgar Ltd building, Piccadilly Circus
Or Tower Records when I used to mooch around there on Saturday afternoons.

Got to be well, well done for me, anything with fat on it like bacon, beef etc, the fat has to to be burnt to a crisp. :ROFLMAO:
Years ago, when I could still get around, I was at a the restaurant of hotel in Paris called ‘Le Parc’.
Just like you folks,we like meat to be well-cooked, so we ordered it that way. Well, the chef took it as a personal insult! He came out of the kitchen, sat down at our table and (very kindly, but very insistently) explained how he’d been a chef for years and years, and well-done food could be cooked by anyone, but only a chef of his ability could cook rare meat and it be still both tender and delicious.

I thought he was either going to cry, to hit me, or to sling me out when I wouldn’t change my mind and still asked for it well done!!
To this day, I wonder what he will have done to it back in his kitchen after I didn’t change my mind…
😬😬🤮🤮

🤣🤣🤣

My late wife was a nurse in Paris in the early 1990s and a fairly fluent French speaker. Her and a friend went into a Paris restaurant and ordered what they thought was steak cooked….What they got was steak tartare with a raw egg on top. My wife, near to wrenching, asked the waiter if they could have it cooked to which they received a tirade of abuse. He took the food away and returned with two charred beef burgers and some burnt chips ( a Chef Mark special) and virtually threw the plates at both of them. They don’t like the English challenging their food, now do they?

Years ago, when I could still get around, I was at a the restaurant of hotel in Paris called ‘Le Parc’.
Just like you folks,we like meat to be well-cooked, so we ordered it that way. Well, the chef took it as a personal insult! He came out of the kitchen, sat down at our table and (very kindly, but very insistently) explained how he’d been a chef for years and years, and well-done food could be cooked by anyone, but only a chef of his ability could cook rare meat and it be still both tender and delicious.

I thought he was either going to cry, to hit me, or to sling me out when I wouldn’t change my mind and still asked for it well done!!
To this day, I wonder what he will have done to it back in his kitchen after I didn’t change my mind…
😬😬🤮🤮

🤣🤣🤣
I know it's considered sacrilegious to have it cooked well done, but if you are paying for it, it should be done as you want it.

My late wife was a nurse in Paris in the early 1990s and a fairly fluent French speaker. Her and a friend went into a Paris restaurant and ordered what they thought was steak cooked….What they got was steak tartare with a raw egg on top. My wife, near to wrenching, asked the waiter if they could have it cooked to which they received a tirade of abuse. He took the food away and returned with two charred beef burgers and some burnt chips ( a Chef Mark special) and virtually threw the plates at both of them. They don’t like the English challenging their food, now do they?
They don't like the English at all. Maybe they should cast their minds back 80 years.

I was in France with my partner and her French friends two years ago. We went to a restaurant in Menton that looked good. My partner speaks French so well you wouldn’t really know she was English, and her and her two friends got the food that they wanted and all enjoyed it. I, on the other hand, ordered steak well done in my London accent. What came back was a plate of burnt gristly off cuts of meat cremated past the point of cremation. Watching the plates of other people ordering steak, they got attractive, whole cuts of meat. I got what I described, which I tried to eat but literally couldn’t get my teeth to break through the meat which caused embarrassment with the particularly the two French friends. I gave up in the end. Even my partner said they did it deliberately.

What I want to know is what happened to Alberto Fridge-o?

Still going, although Kevski bragged about being a huge distributor, Mathey-Tissot's main markets are still in the Far East, America & mainland Europe etc, UK doesn't really figure much just Kevski's web shop. ;)

Been looking at this 34.5mm Mathey-Tissot Explorer homage i quite like.

Although i already have 3 Smiths 36mm PRS25 Everests (Explorer Homages) so maybe not. :whistle::ROFLMAO:

I was in France with my partner and her French friends two years ago. We went to a restaurant in Menton that looked good. My partner speaks French so well you wouldn’t really know she was English, and her and her two friends got the food that they wanted and all enjoyed it. I, on the other hand, ordered steak well done in my London accent. What came back was a plate of burnt gristly off cuts of meat cremated past the point of cremation. Watching the plates of other people ordering steak, they got attractive, whole cuts of meat. I got what I described, which I tried to eat but literally couldn’t get my teeth to break through the meat which caused embarrassment with the particularly the two French friends. I gave up in the end. Even my partner said they did it deliberately.
I'd like to say that I would have sent it back but I wouldn't have had the confidence to actually do it.

Back in my early 20s was taken to a restaurant by my then boyfriend. I ordered Beef Wellington. All well until I got to the beef which was very red to say the least. Boyfriend asked what was wrong I said meat wasn’t cooked. He informed me that’s how it’s meant to be. Hasten to add I didn’t eat it. Strange he never asked me out again😁.

On the rare occasion I order steak in a restaurant these days, when asked how I like it, my family say “cremated”! Last time I ordered it was black on the outside and raw in the middle. I order chicken or fish these days.

Latest posts

Back