Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yannis flogging the "limited edition" Nubeo Mars chipping watch again. How many of these things do they have? If you walk into a hotel or restaurant, people will ask about this watch when you are wearing it. He knows about watches, and this is underpriced. Yeah, yeah. Just trips off the tongue, he's learnt well in the short time he has been with the channel.
Up until a few weeks ago he was a presenter on Create and Craft. I think he’d been with Hochanda prior to them taking over C&C. To my knowledge watchmaking has never been broadcast on either channels, although I vaguely remember Dean flogging watches on C&C once. Think general census of opinion was what’s it got to do with crafting.

Still as Yiannis is now presenting on IW it matters little as he and all the other presenters don’t b..ger all either.

Andi Peters is on QVC with his food fest. Selling 8 individual cheesecakes for £31.92 plus £5.95 postage. Who buys these overpriced foods. It is cheaper to buy the air fryer.
You could buy 8 Tesco’s finest large vanilla cheesecakes for that price. And Gu 2x cheesecakes are £2.75 so you’d get 26 individual ones for the same price! More money than sense

Yannis flogging the "limited edition" Nubeo Mars chipping watch again. How many of these things do they have? If you walk into a hotel or restaurant, people will ask about this watch when you are wearing it. He knows about watches, and this is underpriced. Yeah, yeah. Just trips off the tongue, he's learnt well in the short time he has been with the channel.
To be fair, it does happen. I bought one of these watches and wore it today when popping out to Asda. This was the conversation that took place between me and a young lad when I was browsing the cake section, I think he spied it when I reached out to pick up 4 x custard doughnuts.

Is that your watch mister?
Why yes young chap, it is indeed.
Just wondered, cause it looks sh1te!

:(

I've very never witnessed someone approaching anyone enquiring about the watch they're wearing! But Mike of the Masons has been saying it for years so it must be true🤔...
At work and at a bar a couple of times, I have had a relative and a couple of colleagues notice my wristwatch and look at it and ask about it. Nothing special, just an automatic (and you'd be amazed at how few people know about automatics and how they work) Constantin (not Vacheron) that has a nice pilot style and tachymeter countdown/variable wheel rim with 3 d/d/m complications that looks far more expensive than it was!

But nobody has approached me and enquired from any distance!

Last edited:
Up until a few weeks ago he was a presenter on Create and Craft. I think he’d been with Hochanda prior to them taking over C&C. To my knowledge watchmaking has never been broadcast on either channels, although I vaguely remember Dean flogging watches on C&C once. Think general census of opinion was what’s it got to do with crafting.

Still as Yiannis is now presenting on IW it matters little as he and all the other presenters don’t b..ger all either.
Watches were briefly on C&C Extra when it was masquerading as Shop Extra in selected timeslots.
RIP Shop Extra.

Saw a little of Yiannis selling the Bubble Gun earlier today, and compared to the manic, screeching and OTT other presenters who talk and over exaggerate or know nothing, he seemed to be a bit more calm, factual and normal and more what you'd expect. Ok, a little bland, but if he was selling something I might be interested in I might watch for a bit.
On watches, I don't know if he knows anything, but if it was Nubeo, Mars meteorite, you have to b/s to try shifting these pieces of carp, no?

The funniest thing is when they try and think of multiple overblown use-case scenarios: Bubble gun: maybe you're a teacher and want to use it in class or a demo (what?), maybe you are an uncle, aunt, brother, cousin and kids would like it. No, really?

Last edited:
Not watched for a couple of weeks and just watched Yanis for first time. Did he do well on craft channel or is he doing well on iw as I think he’s a bit dull.
He is as dull as ditchwater.

When he came over from C&C a lot of us were hoping he'd be more honest and restrained than the usual suspects yet although a bit calmer he uses the same BS to sell as the others. To be fair, nobody could do much better with the tat IW try to shift. I mean what is it with all the bubble machines today?

Feeble.

At work and at a bar a couple of times, I have had a relative and a couple of colleagues notice my wristwatch and look at it and ask about it. Nothing special, just an automatic (and you'd be amazed at how few people know about automatics and how they work) Constantin (not Vacheron) that has a nice pilot style and tachymeter countdown/variable wheel rim with 3 d/d/m complications that looks far more expensive than it was!

But nobody has approached me and enquired from any distance!
That would change if you wore something like a Swan & Edgar.

Has anybody actually bought anything from the new IW3?

Specifically, how is it packaged? Does it have IW logo on box or on the packing tape? Or plain box/wrapping.

Because TJC often has TJC logo on box, packing tape, so I wonder if/where IW items are dispatched from same or different TJC warehouse and is there a separate IW dispatch line somewhere?
If plain box/tape, they can fulfil using the existing TJC lines at Feltham?

(I haven't, whereas I did buy a few items from old IW.)

Has anybody actually bought anything from the new IW3?

Specifically, how is it packaged? Does it have IW logo on box or on the packing tape? Or plain box/wrapping.

Because TJC often has TJC logo on box, packing tape, so I wonder if/where IW items are dispatched from same or different TJC warehouse and is there a separate IW dispatch line somewhere?
If plain box/tape, they can fulfil using the existing TJC lines at Feltham?

(I haven't, whereas I did buy a few items from old IW.)
Yes, I bought some flexitape which was OK and a smart watch which was terrible and lost all the data it was supposed to record such as number of steps walked and was totally unreliable. It went back.

The packaging was plain as I remember and delivery was quick, the return was dealt with efficiently.

I haven't felt tempted to order anything since because the quality of goods is generally poor and does not represent a genuine bargain.

Latest posts

Back