Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You can easily find it, though.

Turn right when you see the old discarded sofa at the side of the road..

Straight from Google maps, below….
Could be first layer leather or maybe bonded, might be worth picking up, taking home, quick clean with blue tragic and bob's your uncle ;)

Last edited:
Compared to IW's offerings they are a luxury brand. ;)

Unlike the brands on IW, Tissot are an actual watchmaking brand, with a long history (1853), they are part of the Swatch Group. They are mainly in the affordable (sub £500) to mid range watches (£500-£1500), although they do have a few gold watches which are priced up to up to £3500. Very popular watch barnd, sell a lot of watches.

I have 4, Ballade, Seastar, Visodate and T-Touch II, never had any probs with them.
They are selling them in the same window as Tudor and Rolex which are a smidge more expensive but they also sell pre-owned Rolex and Tudor and they are a better price. (still out of my range). There's a whole corridor of watch stores there. Tag Heuer and a dedicated Rolex shop

Sorry to hear your dad lost out due to IW

And yes Shopping TV seems to be the only way of work, being a total failure, can lead you into getting the same role again

I agree & find it unbelievable.

In my view, giving new selly telly presenting jobs to people who have played a very active part in selling for & advocating a disgraced company like Bid TV & Auction World prior etc, shouldn't be acceptable. They shouldn't be near selling anything else on television.

I was amazed when the Bid TV sales presenters sauntered en masse into new sales presenting jobs at IW.

After that happened I'm surprised the original IW lasted as long as it did. Even some of the products sold on IW then became akin to the Bid TV stable.

Before the original IW went bust, when flicking through, all I saw them sell were "designer watches", from brands I'd never heard of usually, vibro plates, massage armchairs & a bit of celeb signed memorabilia.

Last I saw the new taken over IW was more or less a carbon copy of TJC in terms of main item offerings, except without all the jewellery. Not surprising as TJC owners bought IW. The "set" also looked embarrassingly cheap & cramped.

I'll never understand why they did that. If a shopping tv channel bites the dust & dies in disgrace surely it's best to let it go into oblivion?

Last edited:
Compared to IW's offerings they are a luxury brand. ;)

Unlike the brands on IW, Tissot are an actual watchmaking brand, with a long history (1853), they are part of the Swatch Group. They are mainly in the affordable (sub £500) to mid range watches (£500-£1500), although they do have a few gold watches which are priced up to up to £3500. Very popular watch barnd, sell a lot of watches.

I have 4, Ballade, Seastar, Visodate and T-Touch II, never had any probs with them.
Not the Matthew Tissot ones, surely? They're like Edinburgh Woollen Mill James Pringle of Scotland jumpers, probably from China!

Well certainly Peter Simon is a disgrace and deserves oblivion.

He's just done his old tongue in cheek routine wittering on about dangling and spraying in a most perverted manner. I suggest he drinks the weed killer rather than inflict another performance like this on us again.

Not the Matthew Tissot ones, surely? They're like Edinburgh Woollen Mill James Pringle of Scotland jumpers, probably from China!

A question for the watch experts on this forum —no, not you Peter Volllabore— does Matthey Tissot have any sort of claim/link back to Tissot itself, be it current or inherited by buying up a defunct company?

I'd always assumed Matthey Tissot was cynically named to ride on the coattails of the real Tissot in hopes less astute folk buy their shonky Chinese wares thinking it's a real Tissot watch. Y'know, like a pair of Kelvin Cliens, or a "luxury" handbag with a "G&D" buckle instead of a "D&G"…

But I may be wrong; I bought Blue Magic from IW so my judgement isn't the best 😂

Last edited:
Peter S was wet through last night, had to get up and change his t shirt. Not surprising, having unconscious guilt nightmares of the lies he spouts when presenting.

Also, Peter V 5 mins earlier said there is a timer function on the fan, so the fan can turn instead off when you sleep. Otherwise, the cold air from the fan will lower your body temperature so much that it will wake you up!!!! Bit odd, as that contradicts Peter S experience as he was so hot at night, he was wet through.

Peter S was wet through last night, had to get up and change his t shirt. Not surprising, having unconscious guilt nightmares of the lies he spouts when presenting.

Also, Peter V 5 mins earlier said there is a timer function on the fan, so the fan can turn instead off when you sleep. Otherwise, the cold air from the fan will lower your body temperature so much that it will wake you up!!!! Bit odd, as that contradicts Peter S experience as he was so hot at night, he was wet through.
Probably still wearing his woolly hat and long combinations.

The tower fans again.

How many times have we been told they are virtually sold out? They seem to get topped up every day even though they are described as 'last of stock'.

I'm beginning to think the two Petes tell porkies!

Look out for the heatwave forecast.
Sorry to have to defend IW however I'd have thought it's pretty obvious!

When they use the word 'virtually' they're of course using it in the context of the ancient Latin meaning ...

... nowhere near ;)

A question for the watch experts on this forum —no, not you Peter Volllabore— does Matthey Tissot have any sort of claim/link back to Tissot itself, be it current or inherited by buying up a defunct company?

I'd always assumed Matthey Tissot was cynically named to ride on the coattails of the real Tissot in hopes less astute folk buy their shonky Chinese wares thinking it's a real Tissot watch. Y'know, like a pair of Kelvin Cliens, or a "luxury" handbag with a "G&D" buckle instead of a "D&G"…

But I may be wrong; I bought Blue Magic from IW so my judgement isn't the best 😂
Hi Herring,

You might find the link below useful. It compares the two companies…

Latest posts

Back