Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Billy Hunt watches again, last of the stock Pedro Says. The same watches Mike said would announce you on the world's stage!
I'm going to say it again, folk need to engage their brain. It's a bargain basement selly telly channel. They're flogging these watches for not much money. That alone should tell folk all they need to know. Namely, if you want a cheapish watch and like these designs, have a buy. However, believe NOTHING that comes out the presenters mouths about the quality, actual value, heritage, etc etc.

GUFF.

I'm going to say it again, folk need to engage their brain. It's a bargain basement selly telly channel. They're flogging these watches for not much money. That alone should tell folk all they need to know. Namely, if you want a cheapish watch and like these designs, have a buy. However, believe NOTHING that comes out the presenters mouths about the quality, actual value, heritage, etc etc.

GUFF.
Don't know too much about watch brands but the local jewellers are selling a brand called Tissot for about the same prices as Ideal World are selling some of their watches. They look pretty decent

Doesn't quite have the prestige of 'Savile Row' does it?!🤔
You can easily find it, though.

Turn right when you see the old discarded sofa at the side of the road..

Straight from Google maps, below….

Attachments

• IMG_6118.jpeg
    IMG_6118.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Don't know too much about watch brands but the local jewellers are selling a brand called Tissot for about the same prices as Ideal World are selling some of their watches. They look pretty decent

Compared to IW's offerings they are a luxury brand. ;)

Unlike the brands on IW, Tissot are an actual watchmaking brand, with a long history (1853), they are part of the Swatch Group. They are mainly in the affordable (sub £500) to mid range watches (£500-£1500), although they do have a few gold watches which are priced up to up to £3500. Very popular watch barnd, sell a lot of watches.

I have 4, Ballade, Seastar, Visodate and T-Touch II, never had any probs with them.

GUFF.
Agreed.
Expect a total lifespan for their mechanical watches of a year or two, and that’ll usually be right. If they sold them that way - a way to get a new look for a year or so, with an essentially disposable product, then I’d not have too many quibbles (other than the simple fact that almost all of them are drop shipped from China at a massive mark-up).
It’s the pretence of value and longevity (I suppose to go with the inflated prices) that I find disingenuous and misleading. And I’m sure the presenters all know it- after all, their own watches are Omega (Mike Mason) and Rolex (Peter Simon).

Compared to IW's offerings they are a luxury brand. ;)

Unlike the brands on IW, Tissot are an actual watchmaking brand, with a long history (1853), they are part of the Swatch Group. They are mainly in the affordable (sub £500) to mid range watches (£500-£1500), although they do have a few gold watches which are priced up to up to £3500. Very popular watch barnd, sell a lot of watches.

I have 4, Ballade, Seastar, Visodate and T-Touch II, never had any probs with them.
Hubby bought a Tissot from Heathrow airport in 1994 when we were flying off to get married, and he's never had any problems with it.

William Hunt of
Unit 10, 97-101 Peregrine Road
Hainault Business Park
Hainault
Essex
IG6 3XH

I don’t know why they don’t use that as the company strapline on Ideal World?

Funny how the web site has William Hunt Online Services, Head Office in Essex.

And at Company house, the new company makes no mention of William Hunt in it's name.

Saville Row online Ltd, Registered Address, 4th Floor, 166 College Road, Harrow On The Hill, Middlesex, England, HA1 1BH.

Of course something must have transpired at some point as Saville Row is a brand new company set up by William Hunt, wonder what happened to the original William Hunt company which had the shops?

Funny how the web site has William Hunt Online Services, Head Office in Essex.

And at Company house, the new company makes no mention of William Hunt in it's name.

Saville Row online Ltd, Registered Address, 4th Floor, 166 College Road, Harrow On The Hill, Middlesex, England, HA1 1BH.

Of course something must have transpired at some point as Saville Row is a brand new company set up by William Hunt, wonder what happened to the original William Hunt company which had the shops?
My guess is went bust, and the endless watches are bankrupt stock.

Latest posts

Back