Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Billy Hunt sold his soul to the devil when he let Christopher biggins lookalike use his brand name for £15 perfumes.

Werent Mason & Pedro telling us Gammon was from one of the finest perfumeries in the world, now @ £12.99!
The thing is, rightly or wrongly, when it comes to products like aftershave and perfume, especially when buying as a gift, brand is usually very important. Actually, for many other products this also holds true.

This is why selly telly channels like IW constantly use techniques such as comparing their products with more expensive brands. Trying to convince the viewer their product is as good of not better than products costing many times more. When, most of the time, it isn't.

e.g. Sally with her technique 'I'm SURE these are exactly the same as those MUCH more expensive boots, except ours don't have that particular label on ... wink wink.'

The thing is, rightly or wrongly, when it comes to products like aftershave and perfume, especially when buying as a gift, brand is usually very important. Actually, for many other products this also holds true.

This is why selly telly channels like IW constantly use techniques such as comparing their products with more expensive brands. Trying to convince the viewer their product is as good of not better than products costing many times more. When, most of the time, it isn't.

e.g. Sally with her technique 'I'm SURE these are exactly the same as those MUCH more expensive boots, except ours don't have that particular label on ... wink wink.'
They were selling these fragrances that were cheaper copies of Davidoff and others. There was a very good market stall near me sold that for a fiver a bottle. Great for yourself if you want to smell nice when out and about, but if you ever buy someone those knockoffs, no matter how good, for a present, you will never be forgiven lol

I will say that 14.99 per bottle for William Hunt is more my price range than the ridiculous price they were selling other William Hunts for. At that price I'd give it a try. I'm sure there are plenty of celebrities that I'm not allowed to mention cos they didn't give me permission (as Mike would say) the only difference is the celebs wouldn't admit buying knockoff perfumes :LOL:

Warning bitchy comment forthcoming
Just popped in to see who the model is that sally was screaming about and my first thought was.
Blommin hell.
Can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear

Not a comment on Simone’s looks as she used to be able to make whatever she wore look good
More about even she with all her modelling skills can’t make make crap look other than crap.
Slinks of feeling guilty about bitchy comment………

I cannot see Mike of Masons really picking any of the items he is always trying to sell. Frequently, he talks about messages from people asking for specific items to appear on his shows. It's possible that he can offer suggestions regarding these items, but it's ultimately down to the buyer and producer to determine which items will be aired. The stock they have to bring to the air is limited, as we have seen in the last 6 months.
I was wondering how he is actually messaged about these products, as there are no apparent direct presenter contact links, and most of the texts seem to come from a Hammy bot, a Muttley clone, and people who made up the audience for The Billy Cotton Band Show in 1963, and died at least thirty years ago.

I will say that 14.99 per bottle for William Hunt is more my price range than the ridiculous price they were selling other William Hunts for. At that price I'd give it a try. I'm sure there are plenty of celebrities that I'm not allowed to mention cos they didn't give me permission (as Mike would say) the only difference is the celebs wouldn't admit buying knockoff perfumes :LOL:
Them pens you wanted are on. Not on offer though.

I was wondering how he is actually messaged about these products, as there are no apparent direct presenter contact links, and most of the texts seem to come from a Hammy bot, a Muttley clone, and people who made up the audience for The Billy Cotton Band Show in 1963, and died at least thirty years ago.
They must send them to the text number asking Mike when he is on air, and then make a note of items. If people are really texting in about items on his show.

I have heard the smell of W by William Hunt is a little bit similar to Chanel Allure Homme Sport O Extreme.

He is telling us about the security guarded prep area. A secret to most of them. There were apparently some very valuable goods being stored within it. I didn’t know Peters lodged his wallet there? Or was it 10,000 crates of the Gammonne? In terms of that prep area, I have seen little evidence of any prep whatsoever from the hosts on this channel - not from any of them. Reading from the instructions manuals live on air doesn’t scream out meticulously observed preparation of your products before they go to presentation stage, does it?

Freezer defroster now. Just what we all are short on.

Last edited:
they ordered far too much, whoever brought this for IW needs sacking ha ha
They even say they ordered too much stock on TJC, and then we are practically giving it away to clear the stock. I remember Andy doing it last year with some plant and tomato feed. Said they normally only order in the middle hundreds, but they had ordered in thousands.

Latest posts

Back