Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’m really worried now. Watching the flavorcast demo and mr expert chef failing to clean the pan with a wad of kitchen towel said they couldn’t have water in the kitchen because of the electrics. I have a sink and taps with both hot and cold running water in my kitchen, should I be scared 😱 no one told me it isn’t safe to have water near my cooker, is my kitchen safe or should I ring a plumber to remove the water pipes asap, advise please, 😱

You're okay, their problem is they are using bog standard extension leads on the floor and all over the place, unprotected (no floor cable protection covers) wires around their feet etc, for heath and safety at work that's a no, no, hence why water spills could cause problems, from what i've seen on this channel and the former IW, health and safety is/was pretty lax to non existent, the led bulb sales pitch is an example of their lax attitude.

In a normal kitchen as long as a wall sockets/electricity supply are at least a foot from a sink no problems.

Renta-gob TV mum was advocating giving a 12.99 set of ear muffs for valentines yesterday o_O along with an attempt to coerce the hapless punters in buying presents now for XMAS December 2024. Sadly you can read em all like a book.
I don't think I'm ungrateful but if I received a cheap set of ear muffs from a shopping channel as a Valentine's present I wouldn't be a happy bunny (that's putting it politely!).

Mind you it beats half dead roses from a service station🤣

Gammon are on a par with Rolex, Breitling, Chanel, all the top design houses according to Pedro! He really is a prize tool. It just tumbles out of his mouth. Hammy just got a mention, a brand ambassador job awaits.
Hammy was supposed to have said of Gammon, "One spray and you're away". Of course the same could be said of a cat.

That silly girl and her nauseating use of family connections to what she is flogging. This time some hair tonic with several members of her endless family now confirmed wig wearers. That’s in addition to all the drone flyers, dash cam junkies, tent wearers, cane twirlers, Gammon sprayers, toy ukulele players, ex-department store watch wearers, tightrope walkers, motorcyclists….

That silly girl and her nauseating use of family connections to what she is flogging. This time some hair tonic with several members of her endless family now confirmed wig wearers. That’s in addition to all the drone flyers, dash cam junkies, tent wearers, cane twirlers, Gammon sprayers, toy ukulele players, ex-department store watch wearers, tightrope walkers, motorcyclists….
Pre Baby she was fine

on prev ideal world and completely false and desperate to get a sale on there too. Full of shyte and lacking any sort of credibility

She also fails to tell the viewers that this is not the same company as the one she insists she has worked for for nine years. Saying she has worked for Ideal World for nine years implies a continuity of ownership which clearly isn’t the case. She has actually worked for this version for about five months. Bearing in mind a lot of the ludicrous price comparisons she comes out with, it’s not a surprise that she is inaccurate with this information also.

She also fails to tell the viewers that this is not the same company as the one she insists she has worked for for nine years. Saying she has worked for Ideal World for nine years implies a continuity of ownership which clearly isn’t the case. She has actually worked for this version for about five months. Bearing in mind a lot of the ludicrous price comparisons she comes out with, it’s not a surprise that she is inaccurate with this information also.
Companies do it all the time (for better or worse) Pubs at least have a sign 'Under new management'

New Year start well in and everything pretty much as it was. Same banter, same claims, same repetitive promos, same not a direct comparison routine, same Peters outdated double entendres. Power banks, blankets, scarves, hair tablets, perfume, canes, time and time again. Is there any point in a new studio to sell low priced items best demonstrated on a counter, in a small space like they have currently. Maybe changes are still going to happen? But if they are buying cheap and selling with a profit doing it cheap and cheerful, then why would they want to change?

New Year start well in and everything pretty much as it was. Same banter, same claims, same repetitive promos, same not a direct comparison routine, same Peters outdated double entendres. Power banks, blankets, scarves, hair tablets, perfume, canes, time and time again. Is there any point in a new studio to sell low priced items best demonstrated on a counter, in a small space like they have currently. Maybe changes are still going to happen? But if they are buying cheap and selling with a profit doing it cheap and cheerful, then why would they want to change?
How many of the hundred pound watches do you think they sell? I watched Hobbymaker the other day and Dave Bradford launched the thermal cinch book binding machine at 150 quid. He inferred they had a couple of hundred or so but it was the fastest selling thing for a while. It was the only place to buy it in the UK. How do Ideal world make money from Amazon returns? it certainly doesn't seem obvious considering the outgoings of a TV channel

Paz (whoever they really were) appeared full of ebullience about how the new Ideal World was doing. Then again, if they were actually somebody working for the channel, in the know, they are hardly going to come on and say that things are anything other than doing brilliantly. On now, a fleece for £20. Free delivery, so that cost has to be met, plus Mason’s fee, the studio and gallery staff, the call centre fees, website costs, packing, buying the product and much more I’ve missed, I’m sure. You assume they paid half of what they are selling it for, or less. It all depends on how many they sell. We are never going to do anything other than speculate upon that. A few hundred, a few thousand, 20? Regardless, you fail to see the long-term future for this kind of selling. Focusing now on the over 50s, 60s and 70s and beyond, non-Internet savvie, Wheeltappers humour embracing, customer base who in a couple of decades will be dead and gone. Young people just don’t shop this way and never will do. To survive, this channel and others will need to radically change their selling approach at some point.

Latest posts

Back