Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What legitimate use would someone find for a watch which records video and takes photos?!

On the upside, its 420p resolution is so low you wouldn't be able to identity anything iffy that someone did record!

My favourite thing about that silly watch is that it comes with an estimated 11 hour battery life (so likely much lower) when not recording, so it's pants as just a watch.

On the upside, its 420p resolution is so low you wouldn't be able to identity anything iffy that someone did record!

My favourite thing about that silly watch is that it comes with an estimated 11 hour battery life (so likely much lower) when not recording, so it's pants as just a watch.
I find the way it is presented in terms of use, rather odd, shall we say. I won’t go as far as sinister, but it‘s not far off.

Mason, talks along the lines of not knowing how people ‘really are’ and the watch coming in useful to record their more ‘genuine’ moments…Along those lines, anyway. Reading between the lines that could suggest covert filming of the subject for several reasons.. But to me, it flags up perhaps a partner abuser, workplace bully, somebody dishonest at heart, somebody violent portraying themselves in public in a different light.. Very little positive, happy uses I can pull from that type of reasons to buy pitch. In fairness, he does also raise the analogy of his son doing something that is entertaining to film, but when he knows he is being filmed, stopping doing it. I think if say, an abused spouse tried to use it as an evidence gatherer, and then got caught with her or his elbow at a funny angle by the abuser, that could spell even more serious trouble. And in general terms, just like recording people speaking without informing them first, filming them unknowingly is generally an unacceptable practice, and often one when done for legal reasons, is inadmissible in law anyway. And as already has been said - the watch’s feeble resolution capabilities would render most secret filming type stuff very hard to use or ‘enjoy’ anyway. Just like so much of their weird product range, something in reality with little positive or interesting going for it unless you combine yourself falling down a flight of stairs in a secret of eternal youth mask, after missing your footing holding the cane, after trying to plug in a Video 2000 VCR in to charge with your crystal cable, and your 1970s’ writing pad balanced on top of your head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the recent dash cam reviews on their TP site don‘t do it any favours. Any company hitting under 4 in a large amount of customer reviews scenario there is one I would never do business with. The writing pad in particular, I simply cannot believe they are trying to sell as anything other than a nostalgia item. If you want to write notes, use a phone. A lot more convenient than dragging that ridiculous piece of tat around with you.

What’s he waxing lyrical today over? Old Hoover bags, whiskey kidney valves, stone tablets, junior spy (we can‘t say James Bo…) camera watches, cuddle nappies, ear wax sculpture kits?

Right…Okay?? Right..Okay.. These are sparkling ceramic gusset twiddlers, Okay? Right? Okay? Our Dr. Lobbitoff would love these for his more intricate examinations, Okay? Throw one over the Tree.. Because it‘s nearly Chrrristemas, okay? Throw one over your back end, tie one to your front end (leers at camera). Our Bet? Are you watching? Tie them to your Christmas Nip…Tipples glasses.. Buy them all…at the same price as buying one, Okay?? Next spy camera watches, to film people who don‘t want you to film them, Okay? Okay… My career? Where is it ending, okay? You must insure me….Now festive canes, okay?

Latest posts

Back