Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I do Find it strange, mind how companies like Polti, who were on IW for years haven’t been asked back, same with Piranha, Beldray etc
Some companies lost huge amounts in the various IW collapses - Brother sewing machines comes to mind as just one example. I would imagine that some who lost money, as well as some who didn’t but now realise they could’ve done, might have decided that to decided that continuing to trade with the remaining shopping telly channels might be too risky for them?

Another morning of informed choice price matching begins…
IMG_2065.jpeg

Some companies lost huge amounts in the various IW collapses - Brother sewing machines comes to mind as just one example. I would imagine that some who lost money, as well as some who didn’t but now realise they could’ve done, might have decided that to decided that continuing to trade with the remaining shopping telly channels might be too risky for them?
You’d think there would be some strong, set guidance to their presenters about making it clear on air that this is a NEW version of the old brand name. To make it fully apparent that is the only connection, reinforcing that creditors of the old one are nothing to do with the new. Yet, that seems far from the case, with the long-term by the ex-went bust version, at times using the trading history of 23 years almost as an incentive to buy because of the longevity and implied stability of it. With that broadcasting stance it’s not surprising customers owed money would think this company is also the same as the old one, too. when the channel 1st broadcasted its third incarnation, every presenter should have been instructed to broadcast on air that this was a brand-new version, but with an old name, so people knew exactly where they stood. But making tenuous links of continuity to bought old brand and company names for modern day products with no actual connection to the original they are selling is a habit clearly hard to break.

Last edited by a moderator:
You’d think there would be some strong, set guidance to their presenters about making it clear on air that this is a NEW version of the old brand name. To make it fully apparent that is the only connection, reinforcing that creditors of the old one are nothing to do with the new. Yet, that seems far from the case, with the long-term by the ex-went bust version, at times using the trading history of 23 years almost as an incentive to buy because of the longevity and implied stability of it. With that broadcasting stance it’s not surprising customers owed money would think this company is also the same as the old one, too. when the channel 1st broadcasted its third incarnation, every presenter should have been instructed to broadcast on air that this was a brand-new version, but with an old name, so people knew exactly where they stood. But making tenuous links of continuity to bought old brand and company names for modern day products with no actual connection to the original they are selling is a habit clearly hard to break.

On the IW web site they have a link to trustpilot with the 91,000 revues from the previous IWs. All the company details and info are for the Old IW at the old Peterborough address etc.

Really? He's got a simple cheap watch to flog and he can't even do that correctly, i'm surprised he pretty ignorant on video and audio formats.
Best of a bad bunch really. Believe me, Hammy, I agree they are all tainted by these sales tactics, including him. I was assuming he gets paid top rates for working there. Also assuming his sales figures over the years are consistently good from his fronted presentations compared to others’ and that he is better paid than some, then giving him some slightly more expensive items to flog than £9.99 decorating table type goods might be a more economic way of using him more effectively. Maybe have him doing the £1109.99 facial serum for er…£59.99….Great value..??

Last edited by a moderator:

One of the biggest losers (£1.5 million) after the demise of Ideal Shopping Direct ltd was Dormeo, probably why they didn't feature in the Hamish's rejuventated Ideal World Ltd.

I've a feeling only companies that have a limited outlet for their products will dive head first into the incarnation, although with it being a TJC channel, it's finnacial standing/security is a lot stronger so will probably attract those companies with little to no morals as to how potential customers are treated by the shyster presenters.

Best of a bad bunch really. Believe me, Hammy, I agree they are all tainted by these sales tactics, including him. I was assuming he gets paid top rates for working there. Also assuming his sales figures over the years are consistently good from his fronted presentations compared to others’ and that he is better paid than some, then giving him some slightly more expensive items to flog than £9.99 decorating table type goods might be a more economic way of using him more effectively. Maybe have him doing the £1109.99 facial serum for er…£59.99….Great value..??
£22.199.80 a litre

Working from home and having a 10 minute tea break. Turned on to find Sally on. She was selling a diffuser but said she'd had a text or email asking if her dress was from Ideal World. She said it was from Ideal World but from the old Ideal World and not available now. I'm no fan of hers but credit to her for acknowledging the difference. I personally didn't like the dress because I didn't think it was flattering.

Tea break over, back to work now...

Latest posts

Back