Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That must be the Torchy one? The one who used to fondle soft toys next to another man with a mouldable head, holding a large foam elephant by a large bed, Not the car crash watch show one from Bargain Hunt.

I was also wondering and worrying about the Ideal World horse? I hope it has now found other, more dignified work and didn’t end up in a tin? I always wonder just how many sales they made from those equestrian shows? I could just see their former customer base on horseback.
The guest always come across as not wanting to be there

So Today Create and Craft, have launched a New Club called Create and Craft Freedom, which if you pay a £10 you get free delivery a month, but you need to buy 3 things a month to benefit, you still can be a regular Club Member for £10 a year, which gives you 10% off everything, Shop Extra if you join both clubs, you can get 10% off everything in the £10 a year club, but for another £10 a month free delivery

Joe I’m not sure he is a chef Remblance has been hyping it up all morning

Ahem... £45,000 cr@p watch collection:
"...Gordon bought his first watch from Ideal World in early 2020 — and has since acquired a further 89, for a spend of about £45,000..."

Covid has a lot to answer for!

P.S. J.Bordelll... and... E.Boydell. Coincidence?! 😲

Well…in the words of Jilted John…Gordon is a Moron…

Well if he's only bought them for wearing cause he likes the look of them then fine, his money his choice, but if he's bought them thinking it's a bit of an investment then he's gonna be majorly disappointed, as you say a moron. His £45,000 of watches will be worth way, way less already and the value will only drop further with every passing year.

Hochanda Freedom members had been paying £5.79 a month as C&C kept to the price when it became C&C for old Freedom members and as they have some brands on I like regularly it was worth it for me but p&p is now £3.95 an item so they are saying if you buy more than two things a month it‘s worth the new Freedom price but actually it will be cheaper to buy from online craft shops where you get free p&p if you spend over a certain amount such as Craftstash.

A few Tudors or similar would have made more sense. I am no watch expert, but I never saw a single investment opportunity watch on Ideal World in all the years I watched it.
Possibly the few Valjoux's from avi-8 and Matthey-Tissot ? Although they were overpriced at £1.5k+ to begin with compared to USA/online you pointed me to. Do they increase or at least stay static? And think somebody mentioned they sold an Omega or other proper mid end brand, tag or other on IW at some point? Are Omegas a good investment. What watch is?

Possibly the few Valjoux's from avi-8 and Matthey-Tissot ? Although they were overpriced at £1.5k+ to begin with compared to USA/online you pointed me to. Do they increase or at least stay static? And think somebody mentioned they sold an Omega or other proper mid end brand, tag or other on IW at some point? Are Omegas a good investment. What watch is?

Don't remember them ever having Omegas, although an omega did feature in quite a few shows despite Mason's valiant efforts to keep it hidden. :ROFLMAO:
In fact, we've had quite a few big Swiss brands on IW, just not for sale, Simon Iles - Rolex Yachtmaster II, David Fabro - Rolex Submariner, Peter V - Rolex Submariner, Shaun Crawley - Longines Hydroconquest, Sally - Cartier Santos, Den - Cartier Santos, Shona - Cartier Santos.

The only brand they have had on a show was Eterna, the few Tags they had only featured for a short time on their web site.
Gordon may have purchased an Eterna, but pretty sure the tags were already gone by the time he started collecting in 2020, they briefly appeared shortly after James Martin took over in 2018.

As to keeping value, Omegas will certainly keep their value better than anything that's appeared on IW, but even Omegas lose their value, just not as quickly. Very, very few watches keep their value or increase in valve. And of course another problem is, as you've alluded to, if you've bought your watch at a higher price too start with, then you see an even bigger drop in re-sale value.

Latest posts

Back