Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A couple of weeks back you took offence at a comment I made which I subsequently apologised to you for. Now, despite the person pointing out they have dyslexia, you condemn them with your perceived shortcomings in their grammatical contributions? Therefore, is it okay for you to upset them, but not okay for me to upset you over an issue you care about? If you don’t like threads about people calling shopping channels to account, then as you advise us to do - move on to a different one, perhaps?
When I was 14 it would have upset me I’m in my seventy’s now and almost but not entirely bulletproof
though the comment about using broken English devaluing my op did make me smile.😂

Sadly I’m going to miss a lot of the new content create and craft will broadcast on shopping extra as I’m of on holiday the weekend after it initially airs. who's gonna stick like glue, whoes jumped ship are questions that fascinat (sp) me. I was a tad confused during IW last few months but didn’t know scooby about their financial difficulties then. I’m a long time outdoor person so into wet weather gear both high tec and low tec. Got a tad confused seeing them suddenly selling regatta clothing at so called unrepeatable prices. Nothing wrong with the brand it meets it’s claims re water proof etc But has always been a brand aimed at the casual fair weather market. ive bought their clothes and know to size up as they are more focused on fashion rather than practicality or comfort. They are part of the Blacks company of outdoor clothing. Craghoppers clothing is part of the same group, more generous sizing and less likely to tear if you fall on rough ground. Sorry I digress my point is Regatta don’t need a sales outlet, they are a well known outdoor gear supplier. Always have had bagin prices for sale at every camping/caravaning/ boating and show I’ve been to at the NEC for years as long as your happy wih the colour on sale there has always been a low priced option
My last perchace was a white jacket not on the IW site but found by me on the regatta site when IW were selling a jacket I liked the look of but in colours I didn’t like. So off I went looking on the regatta site to see what else they were dropping the price on and …… so here I sit with my white waterproof boomer jacket thanks to but not bought through IW

Will look forward to reading the comments of those who do watch while im away hopefully dry but happily prepared to be wet 😂
sorry if this is a hard read I never know where to put commères, punuation marks etc I know they are essential for the reader but am lost when r’trying to work out where they go.

Last edited:
Sadly I’m going to miss a lot of the new content create and craft will broadcast on shopping extra as I’m of on holiday the weekend after it initially airs. who's gonna stick like glue, whoes jumped ship are questions that fascinat (sp) me. I was a tad confused during IW last few months but didn’t know scooby about their financial difficulties then. I’m a long time outdoor person so into wet weather gear both high tec and low tec. Got a tad confused seeing them suddenly selling regatta clothing at so called unrepeatable prices. Nothing wrong with the brand it meets it’s claims re water proof etc But has always been a brand aimed at the casual fair weather market. ive bought their clothes and know to size up as they are more focused on fashion rather than practicality or comfort. They are part of the Blacks company of outdoor clothing. Craghoppers clothing is part of the same group, more generous sizing and less likely to tear if you fall on rough ground. Sorry I digress my point is Regatta don’t need a sales outlet, they are a well known outdoor gear supplier. Always have had bagin prices for sale at every camping/caravaning/ boating and show I’ve been to at the NEC for years as long as your happy wih the colour on sale there has always been a low priced option
My last perchace was a white jacket not on the IW site but found by me on the regatta site when IW were selling a jacket I liked the look of but in colours I didn’t like. So off I went looking on the regatta site to see what else they were dropping the price on and …… so here I sit with my white waterproof boomer jacket thanks to but not bought through IW

Will look forward to reading the comments of those who do watch while im away hopefully dry but happily prepared to be wet 😂
sorry if this is a hard read I never know where to put commères, punuation marks etc I know they are essential for the reader but am lost when r’trying to work out where they go.

I've a four Regatta Dover jackets, had them for years, either buy from ebay or Amazon, usually around the £25 mark, good quality for the price. Also have their Holocombe walking shoes. Size wise find the jackets are try to size, shoes on the other hand needed to size up, definitely a tight fit if i go for my regular size.

Why do those that hate and derise the channels watch and comment? Would it not be easiest to ignore? I'm curious.
I kind of get your point, however each to their own and all that. I tend not to watch these days bar the occasional few mins here and there when channel hopping.

Having said that, I think it's perfectly reasonable to hold these channels to account if they do anything remotely dodgy in terms of sales techniques and IW well and truly achieved that. Without planning to watch, I'm relatively confident IW mkII will do exactly the same.

YES!!!!

Do you think it'll have an 8k camera? With a blue hue? I have the red one, just need blue and green. Then, I can recomposite them together.
Very interesting (unless I've missed it) that they never show a decent length clip (maybe 15-20 secs) of the drones camera performance outside, and how well they hover outside etc. After all, they bleat on and on how their drones have the 'features' of drones costing £1000+, so why be so coy re showing them perform outside?

Could it perhaps be because they're very much priced correctly and are nothing like £1000 drones?

MMmmm, I wonder ...

Ops god help you trying to read my post
i find it painful and I wrote it.
bless anyone of you who managed to read it all the way through 🤗

Don't worry about the spelling or punctuation, it's not an issue it's easy enough to understand.

Bit of advice, ignore the grammar police, and just post as you normally do, heck I do. ;) Oh and despite what some folks may say, being bad at spelling and grammar is not necessarily an indication of low intelligence nor does it devalue or invalidate any argument/point of view being put forward.:)

Very interesting (unless I've missed it) that they never show a decent length clip (maybe 15-20 secs) of the drones camera performance outside, and how well they hover outside etc. After all, they bleat on and on how their drones have the 'features' of drones costing £1000+, so why be so coy re showing them perform outside?

Could it perhaps be because they're very much priced correctly and are nothing like £1000 drones?

MMmmm, I wonder ...

Yeah IW drones have features that are found in £1000 drones, heck every drone contains features that are in a £1000 drone, difference is that the £1000 drone has even more feature, better quality features and better quality materials, etc. It's all in the wording he uses, "features" rather than "specifications", two drones can feature two HD cameras, but that doesn't mean the specs for the cameras are the same.
I would say they may even be overpriced compared to drones of similar spec. Looking at drones at same or lower prices on Ali Express, most come with two 4K cameras as standard, whereas it's only been in the last year that IW drones have upgraded from 2 x 720p cameras to 1 x 1080p camera & 1 x 720p camera.

MMmmm, I wonder ...

Was just thinking this morning on the point you were making, given as you say we are usually shown only short clips indoor, on a channel broadcasting in HD, which aren't great looking anyway, what it's going to be like when they are shown on a poor quality SD Channel which Craft Extra is? Wonder if drones will only feature after 10pm when they switch to the Create & Craft main HD channel? :unsure:

Was just thinking this morning on the point you were making, given as you say we are usually shown only short clips indoor, on a channel broadcasting in HD, which aren't great looking anyway, what it's going to be like when they are shown on a poor quality SD Channel which Craft Extra is? Wonder if drones will only feature after 10pm when they switch to the Create & Craft main HD channel? :unsure:
On Thursday there is a hour of drones on both

Latest posts

Back