Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't need any more watches thanks. I have a collection of approx. 200 watches all bought from IW. Swan & Edgar etc. Their combined value runs into the tens of thousands based on what the very trustworthy presenters and experts said. So I'm holding on to them for now and they'll continue to appreciate in value. Then a few years from now I'll sell them all and retire early.

I'm not daft ;)
I hope you've taken PS' advice and insured them on the home contents insurance for £10k each.
😜

Zoom watchalong TJC Gamages watch watch watchalong!

Already heard 'tachometer' for tachymeter.

Designed in the UK he said.

Ah, Mr Damages says his mesh straps are like the Omega James Bond ones......I'm sure he really meant Brooke Bond...i can visualise a chimp wearing one...
Yes and apparently it was similar to a Vacheron Constantin. i.e. comparing a £90 watch to a £10-£100k ones!

The talk about UK designed, 2 years to get to production, limited clear backs, designed for red devils, each watch designed to tell a story, a boutique watch house, accidents made on price reduction by TJC, never meant to be for 2hrs only 1, going from £700 to £89.99... watch not meant to be in clearance, the sheer number of sales patter methods is astounding all jammed into one hour slot. Now 2nd hour. I don't believe a word that comes out of either of their mouths.

Lovely to see them remembering old friends…

IMG_1233.jpeg

You have to sympathise with him. A couple of lazy months off work pottering around the garden and now the imminent hassle of more well paid work to do. I wonder how many of his non-presenting colleagues on lower wages have been coping? Those without big gardens and enough money to pay their rent who lost their jobs back in July. Love the ‘STOPPED’ description instead of ‘WENT BUST’ as the presenters were still selling as normal. His smugness for his own position and lack of any public empathy (I’ve seen) for his less fortunate colleagues’ position is irksome. Of course he and others may be helping all his lower paid co-workers in private without us knowing. So don’t be too hard on them.

2B56F51C-D106-4104-8C5D-43720DAC317B.jpeg

Not long to wait before the comedy on IW2 starts,and all those products you love so much,presented by the gormless four.
I wonder if the rattan sale is over yet,if not and it makes an appearance expect fireworks from disgruntled former customers 😤

Glad to see he’s doing so well. I wonder if their lower paid workers have had such a lazy old time? I think WENT BUST rather than ‘STOPPED’ is more appropriate.
View attachment 26355
These people don’t give a toss,smug beyond belief poor thing walking around his garden,my heart bleeds for him,Ideal World went bust it did not just stop,trying to change the narrative to suit your needs,an apology from all four of your would be better,any chance of one no I thought not 💰

Only just caught my first my first sight of a pro mo add for shop extra. Dennis telling me it’s all about family friendship and fun, still trying to work out what exactly that means.
Are the going to invite me round to theirs for tea and cakes, perform comedy scenes, inform me about activities suitable for a multi generation family to go to together.
Sorry but I have a slightly weird sense of humour.
I’ll get my coat…………
confused 😐

You have to sympathise with him. A couple of lazy months off work pottering around the garden and now the imminent hassle of more well paid work to do. I wonder how many of his non-presenting colleagues on lower wages have been coping? Those without big gardens and enough money to pay their rent who lost their jobs back in July. Love the ‘STOPPED’ description instead of ‘WENT BUST’ as the presenters were still selling as normal. His smugness for his own position and lack of any public empathy (I’ve seen) for his less fortunate colleagues’ position is irksome. Of course he and others may be helping all his lower paid co-workers in private without us knowing. So don’t be too hard on them.

View attachment 26354

Strange world innit, Shaun and Peter McDermott spent years telling viewers watching IW that the plants came from Garden Bargains (an IW run web site), who had their own nursery etc, yet on their new web TV show they tell you that You Gardens supplied all the plants for IW, a company name that was NEVER once mentioned on IW.

Also say that they've (You Gardens) have been supplying plants for something like 23 years to IW, good going as You Gardens only started up in 2011.

Ah, Mr Damages says his mesh straps are like the Omega James Bond ones......I'm sure he really meant Brooke Bond...i can visualise a chimp wearing one...
The thing is, and I'm not even meaning this in a nasty way I'm simply stating what to me is a fact, most of the watches offered by Gamages (like the Swan & Edgar offerings) look CHEAP. They look overly shiny, overly garish, and the gold plating usually looks like shiny plastic. Everything about them screams cheap tat.

They LOOK like £39.99 watches. So to hear them talk their utter bullsh1t just makes the whole thing even more unbelievable. As I always say, if folk are buying them eyes wide open then fine, however it's the folk buying them believing the bullsh1t I have some sympathy for ... although only some!

Only just caught my first my first sight of a pro mo add for shop extra. Dennis telling me it’s all about family friendship and fun, still trying to work out what exactly that means.
Are the going to invite me round to theirs for tea and cakes, perform comedy scenes, inform me about activities suitable for a multi generation family to go to together.
Sorry but I have a slightly weird sense of humour.
I’ll get my coat…………
confused 😐
Feck all to do with family, feck all to do with friendship, and the fun they're referring to is the fun they have spending the £££ they earn for each hour they present the public with more bullsh1t.

Believe me when I say, and I appreciate this maybe isn't a nice thing to think for those who love and buy into the selly telly myth, these folk do not give a flying f*** about viewers in terms of individual members of the public. As long as x people are buying, they couldn't care less who the x are.

It's the same with nearly all sales, so why anyone would think selly telly is any different goodness only knows.

Why do those that hate and derise the channels watch and comment? Would it not be easiest to ignore? I'm curious.

Latest posts

Back