Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It seems to be same sh..different day on The Jewellery Channel. Starting off items at ridiculously high prices to create some misguided impression to the gullible that when they drop them down to the original intended price, you have some massive saving to gain. They were doing that sort of stuff on the auction channels years ago. And where are the auction channels now? The channel is very much like Ideal World but without any humour of any description for most of the time. Hodgson is mildly amusing at times, but where does the he is one of the few ‘honest’ sales people in this line of work generate from? It’s the same BS essentially from all of them, across any channel. Just waiting for my text from Ricky Rattan to get through the system..

Although the latest accounts is only up to the end of March 2022, unfortunately they don't seem to be suffering from being a boring version of IW, they had a turnover of £81 million and with other income then less outgoing expenses/tax etc, they still ended up making a £13 million profit, surely have a highly gullible viewership. ;)

Omg, more former IW brands announced for Shop Extra, and some newish ones:

- Blue Magic
- Airfryer Genie (thought they'd gone bust)
- The Handy
- Webb
- Greenworks

8D81A44B-0BB5-46AA-91BB-BA6314F21D5A.jpeg

Omg, more former IW brands announced for Shop Extra, and some newish ones:

- Blue Magic
- Airfryer Genie (thought they'd gone bust)
- The Handy
- Webb
- Greenworks

No supprizes there then. Just another reeboot start up! They've done it before. "Just dust yourself off and start all over again" the punters won't notice go sell, sell, sell, just get their money boys and girls

Will they apologise?
Otherwise they are taking everyone for mugs!

Oh they already think of their loyal customer base as mugs. No doubt about it. After the way the shameful way the last venture was a shill. Leaving many angry customers in a dreadful pickle. It's going to happen again I'm convinced it will. No assurance they cook up will convince me otherwise.

Can you imagine any one of them apologising? I think Lord Lucan riding in on Shergar with a 1933 penny stuck up his nose is more likely. If you look at their Facebook stuff, the responses to those types of new channel photo posts is uniformly toe-curlingly oleaginous. Never a condemnatory word daring to criticise the overall and very questionable selling techniques of the last few days of Ideal World. I would say theirs and shopping television presenters in general philosophy is very much 'The Shopping Channel is Dead, Long Live The Shopping Channel. Any thought for those customers out of pocket still presumably seen as unfortunate, but televisual shopping collateral damage over four instalments...

They are going to lose some of their C&C customers if they carry on with this load of tosh being shown on the Craft Channel as I am not interested in their ‘Healthier Choices’ or in Dean Wilson talking himself up instead of allowing the guests to talk through their demos instead of having to shut up while he waffles on about his doings. Bet there are others switching off too.

Can you imagine any one of them apologising? I think Lord Lucan riding in on Shergar with a 1933 penny stuck up his nose is more likely. If you look at their Facebook stuff, the responses to those types of new channel photo posts is uniformly toe-curlingly oleaginous. Never a condemnatory word daring to criticise the overall and very questionable selling techniques of the last few days of Ideal World. I would say theirs and shopping television presenters in general philosophy is very much 'The Shopping Channel is Dead, Long Live The Shopping Channel. Any thought for those customers out of pocket still presumably seen as unfortunate, but televisual shopping collateral damage over four instalments...
I could look it up, but '1933 penny'?

Latest posts

Back