Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

And the wonderful Paul Varney…Or Reg Becque…
6B100D3E-F6F5-49A1-83C8-D1457E7C8D30.jpeg

From what I saw from TJC last night it was only the Nubeo tourbillons that were selling in anything like respectable quantities and I'm guessing those sold to a relatively small number of people with large amounts of disposable income perhaps as impulse buys who haven't seen Ideal World :D

<snip>. Incidentally if Bordell comes back on TJC again it would be interesting to see if they can sell some more watches, though a big part of me hopes that TJC gives Bordell the boot fairly soon if not straightaway. (Sorry, not sorry)

So what does it mean that I cannot find a single Nubeo or Earnshaw on the TJC site now? Nothing in search, nothing in watches section, nothing in 7-day catch-up from Saturday.

Did they all sell out? Or have they been withdrawn or taken back by JB as unsold, sale or return?

Also, how does the economics work?! If they're only selling 8 to 12 watches, say total of 30, with say £100 mark-up on Earnshaw, that's £3k for 2hours broadcasting... It must cost around or more than that for studio, staff, presenters, etc ? Or it's the £1k Tourbillons with £800 mark-up make it worthwhile?

Hi everyone, been a bit poorly, so away for a month or so. I’m so pleased this thread is still going, and please do keep on with the zoom calls- what a great idea. I’ll be there next time.

Thanks @Professor Branestawm. When I saw a vid posted here a few weeks back of (@The Duke of Cheese?) laughing along to Seter Pimon's laughable sales performance in Bid-up/IW whilst selling Earnshaw, I thought we could do the same Live, and make audio comments together.

Also, all the 1-line forum posts at the time re the TJC watch hours progress, filling the forum can be made in group chat/comments, rather than keep refreshing/lengthening the forum (hiding/missing other posts).

Anyway, I'll have another go next time... I was able to screen share the live TJC stream also simultaneously. And you can disable video or switch cams to forward view of TV, if have phone/tablet.

Had a few co-watchers but the more the merrier?! 😄

So what does it mean that I cannot find a single Nubeo or Earnshaw on the TJC site now? Nothing in search, nothing in watches section, nothing in 7-day catch-up from Saturday.

Did they all sell out? Or have they been withdrawn or taken back by JB as unsold, sale or return?

Also, how does the economics work?! If they're only selling 8 to 12 watches, say total of 30, with say £100 mark-up on Earnshaw, that's £3k for 2hours broadcasting... It must cost around or more than that for studio, staff, presenters, etc ? Or it's the £1k Tourbillons with £800 mark-up make it worthwhile?
If there was an £800 mark-up for Tourbillons and they sold 10 of them as well as not that many of the other watches, less than £10000 to pay presenters/production crew/backroom staff/management/broadcasting/business overheads for 2 hours of broadcasting can only lead to a thumping loss in the longer term. Basically an unsubstainable model for any shopping TV channel.

No wonder Ideal World quickly went bankrupt again and it makes me wonder why they persisted with unprofitable watch shows despite their entertainment value for us on here. Did someone at IW sign up Bordell/Fields/Reynolds/etc. on very long term contracts that would have been prohibitively expensive to break? Also IW might have sold more watches to regular viewers but the likes of Kevski with his stash of unloved blue Lunokhod 2's were taking up valuable screen time with their stock control problems.

So, has Bordell now been told by TJC where to shove his tourbillons? :)

Wonder If Peter V has managed to line up any acting work
Ext: A hotel room.

Peter places a large suitcase on the bed and unlocks it. He removes an alarm clock, an atlas, and address book, an old-looking camera and a filofax from the case.

Realising his mistake, Peter leaves the room and moments later enters the room clutching a cheap-looking mobile phone. The phone has run out of power. Peter panics.

THE END

Ext: A hotel room.

Peter places a large suitcase on the bed and unlocks it. He removes an alarm clock, an atlas, and address book, an old-looking camera and a filofax from the case.

Realising his mistake, Peter leaves the room and moments later enters the room clutching a cheap-looking mobile phone. The phone has run out of power. Peter panics.

THE END
Thats what his mobile phone demos consisted off

I may send a text. Hugh Jelliphant for the name. Or Emma Royds.
Don't forget Hugh Janus (sorry, I'm being very rude)🤣. Nigel Farage got caught out with that one. He charges money to record a personal video message for birthdays, funerals, bar mitzvahs etc. Saw the clip on Have I Got News For You, he didn't smirk so I'm convinced he didn't get it!

Latest posts

Back