Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TJC at times like it seems last night run on the bare minimum costs and staff

Heard a few funny texts over the years

Think Jo was a bit annoyed being told a lot of texts were coming in and not being read any of them so she asked for them to be pasted onto the screen she can see and edited them on the fly

Or didn't....

I wish I had sent something along the lines of 'In the pursuit of an Ideal World, could Mr Bordell tell us what part of China Ernie Thomshaw actually came from, there? Lou Salsatian in Cockermouth
I was sorely tempted to text in and say to Bordell 'in an ideal world you'd tell us where the movements come from.....i think i just might next time he's on! 😊

I wish I had sent something along the lines of 'In the pursuit of an Ideal World, could Mr Bordell tell us what part of China Ernie Thomshaw actually came from, there? Lou Salsatian in Cockermouth

On his birth certificate it has the place and date of birth as, 15/F, Kowloon Centre, 29-39 Ashley Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong on the 29/07/2009. ;)

I did see a few minutes of 'watches' last night out of curiosity, didn't see it read out live but that text was brilliant 👍reading it she says something like 'you were watching somewhere else' obviously not wanting to ref IW:LOL:.....Bore-del looked such a shifty, smarmy character, reeling out the same old codswallop 'gift of time' blah blah, business or not, I honesty don't know how he can peddle that cheesy bull :poop: week in week out, bet he carries a macerator round in a back pack!!

From what I saw from TJC last night it was only the Nubeo tourbillons that were selling in anything like respectable quantities and I'm guessing those sold to a relatively small number of people with large amounts of disposable income perhaps as impulse buys who haven't seen Ideal World :D

Shopping TV watch customers mainly seem to fall into two groups of people who roughly know what they're getting and either just want a relatively cheap automatic watch under £100 (Gamages) or impulse buys from certain individuals determined to buy something 'different' perhaps out of habit/impulse (Nubeo). Genuine watch bargains appear to be few and far between on any channel if we're honest. And as I've said previously, the TJC stock information displays really showed up Ideal World's poor selling performance for many of their watch brands even though several of us guessed that was the case (correctly as it turned out to be).

Incidentally if (?) Bordell comes back on TJC again it would be interesting to see if they can sell some more watches, though a big part of me hopes that TJC gives Bordell the boot fairly soon if not straightaway. (Sorry, not sorry)

I always wondered what a combination of Mick Mason and Simon Peters would look like.. And now I wish I hadn’t…
B46E6946-75B2-43E7-AD28-B28F694D3886.jpeg

still chuckle about crawlers extra advertising filler /ad sat infant of a laptop advocating 'check out your baskets', complete with fixed cheesy grin and a simultaneous huge nod towards the laptop which was like a Peter Crouch flick at the near post!

From what I saw from TJC last night it was only the Nubeo tourbillons that were selling in anything like respectable quantities and I'm guessing those sold to a relatively small number of people with large amounts of disposable income perhaps as impulse buys who haven't seen Ideal World :D

Shopping TV watch customers mainly seem to fall into two groups of people who roughly know what they're getting and either just want a relatively cheap automatic watch under £100 (Gamages) or impulse buys from certain individuals determined to buy something 'different' perhaps out of habit/impulse (Nubeo). Genuine watch bargains appear to be few and far between on any channel if we're honest. And as I've said previously, the TJC stock information displays really showed up Ideal World's poor selling performance for many of their watch brands even though several of us guessed that was the case (correctly as it turned out to be).

Incidentally if (?) Bordell comes back on TJC again it would be interesting to see if they can sell some more watches, though a big part of me hopes that TJC gives Bordell the boot fairly soon if not straightaway. (Sorry, not sorry)
Hi everyone, been a bit poorly, so away for a month or so. I’m so pleased this thread is still going, and please do keep on with the zoom calls- what a great idea. I’ll be there next time.
If anyone really would like one of the Seagull tourbillons, keep an eye on eBay. I picked one up 3 or 4 years ago as used (but it was clearly new) for less than £250.
I actually disassembled and reassembled it trying to get the sheer noise level down. It was surprisingly well made, but barely lubricated in parts (and dripping in others). And it had the usual complement of marks and fingerprints.
But a tourbillon for £249 was quite something.
Unlike the shims I once found in a Chinese mechanism sent in to me for servicing.
Truth is, whenever I get a Chinese mechanism now, I always replace the mechanism whole, if the customer will let me. It’s much cheaper in the end and all these brands on selly telly just have the manufacturer screen print the brand name on them, so it’s just remove the hands and crown, remove the dial, drop in a new replacement and reassemble.
Anyway, less of my ramblings- it’s great to see so many friends still here.

Hi everyone, been a bit poorly, so away for a month or so. I’m so pleased this thread is still going, and please do keep on with the zoom calls- what a great idea. I’ll be there next time.
If anyone really would like one of the Seagull tourbillons, keep an eye on eBay. I picked one up 3 or 4 years ago as used (but it was clearly new) for less than £250.
I actually disassembled and reassembled it trying to get the sheer noise level down. It was surprisingly well made, but barely lubricated in parts (and dripping in others). And it had the usual complement of marks and fingerprints.
But a tourbillon for £249 was quite something.
Unlike the shims I once found in a Chinese mechanism sent in to me for servicing.
Truth is, whenever I get a Chinese mechanism now, I always replace the mechanism whole, if the customer will let me. It’s much cheaper in the end and all these brands on selly telly just have the manufacturer screen print the brand name on them, so it’s just remove the hands and crown, remove the dial, drop in a new replacement and reassemble.
Anyway, less of my ramblings- it’s great to see so many friends still here.
Lovely to see you back, Professor.

Latest posts

Back