Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Similar crew to the end of Bid. Selling things right up until the end, then turning the lights out. Shame on the lot of them involved in those final few days of farce.

The red headed cleaning 'expert' already on TJC

She used to be full time IW employee (management level) but has been freelance guest for 2/3 years, she's also a freelance brand ambassador for Thane Direct, the H2O E3 system is one of their products which other channels are flogging so she she'll pop up whenever they need a "guest Expert" for shows on various channels.

Alas, poor Ideal World! What are they going to do with all their air fryers, boltless shelving and air conditioning units? Not to mention all their heirloom quality watches.

So very sad...
Open a restaurant...? Sit on the shelving, keep place cool with aircon and cook food in airfryers. Hmmm, healthy chips and chicken.
4 X Chicken and chips please mate..

Because you all miss it... I know you do...

Well a very good evening to those of you watching at 'ome, and an exquisite voluptuous Friday it is too! (Don't! I know it's Tuesday... it's my age!) Dear viewer I had the most unremarkable of nights. So there I was tossing and turning 🙄 it's the heat you see, I don't like it and it don't like me, so I got on the blower, gave our Bet a call, and said, our Bet tonight it's, and it's not a word I use very often, moist! 🫠 Well you'll never guess what she said to me, she said, you should've used those flexis Pete, got yourself a fan that not only pushes the hot air away, not only chills to a level colder than a penguins bottom, not only sucks (stop making up your own jokes; I'm not done yet 😊) the heat away from your feet via a window attachment (no idea 🤷🏼‍♂️) but dries and dehumidifies at the same time. So I said to our Bet, right, I said, but that'll cost me too much to run, okay, so she said stick a flannel in the freezer and pop that on your particulars later!

Oooooooh so here we are on this Wed, um, Fri ah, well just buy it at 'ome, two twenties and a contract with the devil, I can tell you you won't regret it. 090... it's absolutely gonna fly out on this Saturday so check out those baskets, right. It's a flattern of rattan, delivered straight to your door with a genuine leather slap!

I'm just gonna have a word with our lovely producer Maria, or is it Sophie on tonight? Oh it's Gavin, well hmmm there's a lot I could tell you about our Gav, but maybe I'll save that until the best time of day show! So Gavin, have we received any twats into the studio yet? Oh, dear viewer, I do love it when you get in touch...

No, shemails in the binbox, so on with the show...

I have the most luxurious delicious timepiece for you here from flogstock your rope, and, well, at these prices and with the super fantastic amount of limited stock we've got, you're going to want to check out those webs. Only 5 of these have ever been made and we're incredibly lucky, these were destined for Basildon Market, the home of all the big watch brands, but, and you're going to love me for this, not only have we got all 6 with the cases, the exhibition backs, the swappable straps, the tickety tock of Swiss branded hand assembled finery, right, but, and I can't believe I'm saying this, if you buy tonight in 7 instalments we're even throwing in a pen, a gift box, a second watch and, wow am I allowed to tell them this part? A drone, a battery, and the chance to own a part of the channel.

Have a look at this short video... Ere Gav, I want a word with you? You had better not be giving away any of my spare parts in this offer?
Brilliant. Yes, missing it already.

If I may, you omitted one thing: "well we're at limited stock now, and there's 10 of you on the phones and online and we only have 7 left (i.e. all of them still🤪) so some of you are going to miss out, unless you get in quick, on these 'remarkable, extraordinary timepieces, miraculous exquisite engineering design pieces exhibiting the art of horology', so get on the phones or online and make sure you CHECK OUT YOUR BASKETS!"

Another one bits the dust. Can’t compete with Qvc
Yet only ever bought 2 watches from QVC over 20 years, using FIVE4U £5 discount.
Everything else is overpriced, imho, from clothes to tech. Plus p&p Never seen a bargain or good deal on QVC, unless also elsewhere similarly. (E.g. some tech stuff from AZ that I won't buy and boycott from AZ unless they pay regular UK taxes).

Whereas must have bought 10+ items from IW over the years when it was a bargain and free p&p. But you had to pick your moment, as some things expensive in comparison, but sometimes bargains to be had.

Problem is IW running a live TV channel, presenters, studio, media ads, staff costs plus the internet and warehouse of other non-TV competitors is a lot of cost overheads and you need margins to cover costs and make a profit. Clearly not making sufficient margins, on lower priced less expensive /lesser quality items, even though had enough customer turnover revenue I think. Hence QVC higher margins in better perceived quality items.

Got to say it is several years since I last watched Ideal World (probably since before the pandemic) and after hearing about the channel the other day, am not sad to see the back of it.

Out of curiosity, which presenters who were there at the dying days of Bid were also there at the end of Ideal World? From reading back a few pages, Mikey Mason obviously and it looks like "Pocket Sized" Mark Ryes was a regular on the channel. I'm guessing Peter Simon too. Anyone else? Was shouting Sally Jaxx still with Ideal World? Paul Becque? I know she was never on Bid, how about "Disingenuous" Genevieve?

Got to say it is several years since I last watched Ideal World (probably since before the pandemic) and after hearing about the channel the other day, am not sad to see the back of it.

Out of curiosity, which presenters who were there at the dying days of Bid were also there at the end of Ideal World? From reading back a few pages, Mikey Mason obviously and it looks like "Pocket Sized" Mark Ryes was a regular on the channel. I'm guessing Peter Simon too. Anyone else? Was shouting Sally Jaxx still with Ideal World? Paul Becque? I know she was never on Bid, how about "Disingenuous" Genevieve?
Yes all of them

Unless there's a rule or limitation preventing it, wonder why IW didn't sell & show normal TV adverts on the channel for added revenue. The IW business for sale Kroll advert said they had approx. 200k daily viewers, I think.

Yes, all the ones you mentioned were on in final week.

D'you think there's a pattern?! 🤪 Cause and effect!

No doubt they'll appear elsewhere and put the voodoo on them too. 😕

I have never watched much of IW, but I am very sorry for all the people that have lost their jobs, it is sad.

Latest posts

Back