Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Two of them (Rubber Head and the Irish woman) trying to sell bargain basement bedding. Play-Doh Creation Head presenting himself as a cuddle cushion expert - explaining you might want to put his between your legs on what could be the worst night of your life to date. Er..no thanks, Bod, I’ll keep my legs firmly closed if yours is coming my way!!

Yet another air fryer. Can’t they just focus on one or two brands? This one is a Tower. Coincidentally, where Simon Peters should be for crimes against television presentation. The ‘chef’ with him has obviously been down to Freeman Hardy & Willis for his beef. It looks grey and gristly with a wide vertical strand of it on the served slices. Keeping to an old shoes analog, it looks like it was from Tuf and all that’s missing is the compass…£220 RRP Peters tells us. £220 where exactly, Simon? About £150 seems the average price from IW‘s competitors. Always over egging the pudding in their pricing information to viewers. In terms of pudding - anything that Joe cooks I think I’ll pass on..His food in general looks so unappealing.

I would say Peters has been pulled off..er..up on the way he described flexible payments options. He is definitely doing it differently this evening and consistently, too. Making it clear the first figure is the FIRST of three further payments, rather than as he did before, quoting the first payment by implying it was that figure over four payments to pay it. Semantics you could argue, but the former way he did it was inherently misleading in my view.

It is quite frankly amazing Peter Simon is still presenting in 2023 and in prime time slots

A very very small part of me admires his work ethic as this seemed very unlikely way back when he was on Bid, a larger part makes me wonder quite how he still is for all the obvious reasons

Whatever you think about his selling style being questionable, he is an interesting character to try to analyse.

From a reasonably high profile TV career in BBC children’s programming in the late 1980s/early 1990s, to hawking cheap watches and the like on television shopping channels for 20 years plus. You wonder if he looks back and regrets the direction his career has gone in or not? Who knows, though, what the more high profile shopping TV presenters make? Maybe significantly more than somebody doing a kids’ game show on the BBC would do? He could well pro rata earn more now than if he’d stayed doing BBC work. That said, doing shopping television into your 60s week in week out, selling the same stuff and saying the same things, can’t be the most stimulating way of making a living. But who knows - he may actually enjoy the work. And for his sake rather than ours who suffer him, let’s hope he does.

Whatever you think about his selling style being questionable, he is an interesting character to try to analyse.

From a reasonably high profile TV career in BBC children’s programming in the late 1980s/early 1990s, to hawking cheap watches and the like on television shopping channels for 20 years plus. You wonder if he looks back and regrets the direction his career has gone in or not? Who knows, though, what the more high profile shopping TV presenters make? Maybe significantly more than somebody doing a kids’ game show on the BBC would do? He could well pro rata earn more now than if he’d stayed doing BBC work. That said, doing shopping television into your 60s week in week out, selling the same stuff and saying the same things, can’t be the most stimulating way of making a living. But who knows - he may actually enjoy the work. And for his sake rather than ours who suffer him, let’s hope he does.
especially when you look at Phillip Schofield who is on TV reguarly 4 days a week, and Andi Peters who peter did work with, still high profile

Hard to say really he has had a "better " Tv career since then than plenty of that era who have vanished and a worse one than a select few, he gets the prime slots still because someone or a group like him and he sells products

Just caught 10 mins of Pedro Simone on another tower air fryer show. They really do seem to have nack all variety of products.

hard rock cocktails, gotta be going out of use by dates VERY soon
those shelves
shitty cordless vacuums
no water car wash spray, for that scouring pad look
bedding bedding bedding
obiwan kenobi hoodie
crap clothing brands
Watches galore
inefficient ceramic radiators with that bizarre demo with thermometers
An air purifier the size of a dustbin
Some black gloop for your flat roof for approx £150
Air fryers galore, usually unheard of brands and most look huge.

back to Pedro though, it is quite amazing he is still getting a gig anywhere other than a local Bingo Hall. Amongst all the bizare stuff he was on about having the shits (bending over and pebble dashing I think we’re his words) and he ate this chocolate pudding and had it all over his bottom lip when doing his closing patter.

’Surreal World’

The H20 cleaning "expert" sure is busy, she flogs H20 cleaning system on TJC, gems Tv sometimes on the same day and just now she has been on a gardening show on ideal world

must be careful to never mention the channel name

OH hang on it is time for yet another cut to the pre-record demo of the boltless shelves, I have turned over 3 times today and in each 20-minute period I have seen this same demo 4 times!

Just caught 10 mins of Pedro Simone on another tower air fryer show. They really do seem to have nack all variety of products.

hard rock cocktails, gotta be going out of use by dates VERY soon
those shelves
shitty cordless vacuums
no water car wash spray, for that scouring pad look
bedding bedding bedding
obiwan kenobi hoodie
crap clothing brands
Watches galore
inefficient ceramic radiators with that bizarre demo with thermometers
An air purifier the size of a dustbin
Some black gloop for your flat roof for approx £150
Air fryers galore, usually unheard of brands and most look huge.

back to Pedro though, it is quite amazing he is still getting a gig anywhere other than a local Bingo Hall. Amongst all the bizare stuff he was on about having the shits (bending over and pebble dashing I think we’re his words) and he ate this chocolate pudding and had it all over his bottom lip when doing his closing patter.

’Surreal World’
Peter Simon should chat to Howard who has been mentioned recently on here, he used to enjoy discussing bowel movements also

The H20 cleaning "expert" sure is busy, she flogs H20 cleaning system on TJC, gems Tv sometimes on the same day and just now she has been on a gardening show on ideal world

must be careful to never mention the channel name

OH hang on it is time for yet another cut to the pre-record demo of the boltless shelves, I have turned over 3 times today and in each 20-minute period I have seen this same demo 4 times!

She's another that has gone from a Production Manager at IW to a freelance guest expert/demonstrator for IW and Thane (that why she does the Thane products, like H2O on IW).

They may be boltless shelves but they seem to be bolted to the IW studio floor at the moment. They must have bought a helluva lot of them and are struggling to get rid.

I actually think the Thane model of sharing the product amongst all/most of the channels is probably here to stay

The channels must be getting a bigger cut of each sale without the exclusivity and Thane must be selling more across 3/4 extra platforms than 1

makes a lot of sense

Cant help my self i have to have a look on ideal world to give my self a laugh now and again and there was volovont and the cycle guy mr brittas playing about putting things from the floor to the shelves behaving like kids could not help shouting at tv for fecks sake get yourselves a proper job

Cant help my self i have to have a look on ideal world to give my self a laugh now and again and there was volovont and the cycle guy mr brittas playing about putting things from the floor to the shelves behaving like kids could not help shouting at tv for fecks sake get yourselves a proper job

It strikes me that when they first came in they sold really well as something a bit different and price is fair/good a buyer got carried away and ordered 20000 and now they are flogging them every day sorry every hour

Latest posts

Back