Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Are You Ready? Are You Steady? Go….Bullshit Overload with Simon Peters and Martha Arthur…who looks like a Tudor painting in Hampton Court. And if you’ve had your hampton caught ever - you know how painful this Daniel Wellington watch show is going to be. It should really be given the Boot….

They are giving the impression there is an actual person called Daniel Sou’wester. Is there? He needs to be revealed if he indeed does exist. Just like old Reg Timex and Bob Westclox from the good old Green Shield Showroom days… Isn’t ‘Daniel’ just a trading name from a Swedish owned company..Insure This…Insure This.. Gents..Gents…Don’t call me a public convenience, Peters!!

Amateur hour on the watch hour.....the current watch that is being sold is saying its 21:38 its actually 20:38.....Have I lost an hour somewhere today?

Pedro Simone says it gives you bragging rights getting this watch....it gives him bullsh1ting rights flogging this watch!!!!

Meanwhile TJC have sold high hundreds of a Japanese movement watch design wise looked pretty good for £8

Why is this £8 Andy asked himself "Because it is a cheap watch but it looks good"

Sometimes you don't need to bs hit people

(I appreciate TJC have the horrid slimy Gamages bloke on a lot who is basically straight from the ideal world watch shows school I try and avoid him where I can)

Meanwhile TJC have sold high hundreds of a Japanese movement watch design wise looked pretty good for £8

Why is this £8 Andy asked himself "Because it is a cheap watch but it looks good"

Sometimes you don't need to bs hit people

(I appreciate TJC have the horrid slimy Gamages bloke on a lot who is basically straight from the ideal world watch shows school I try and avoid him where I can)

Yeah while BS may get you somewhere in the short term, your BS will eventually be found out and in the long run you'll pay for that. Always better being honest from the get go.

On BS in this case, the trouble for Daniel Wellington and others like MVMT is their business was built on soley on marketing & advertising fashion watches using social media platforms in a big way, while they put a lots and lots of effort into that side of the business they put little effort into producing actual decent quality watches, instead they got 3rd parties in China to produce dirt cheap watches, which may look nice on the surface, but under the hood had very little to no quality in them and sold them at vastly inflated prices. So it's no surprise they're on IW where BS viewers is just the norm.

And speaking of shysters, the Gamages bloke is Antoni Fields, father of James 'baby' Fields who runs Fields Luxury Products, who also sell the Swan & Edgar, Mann Egerton and Anthony James watches on IW. Sadly Baby Fields no longer appears on IW, was hilarious watching him make a complete arse of himself everytime he appeared, that job is now done by a guy called David Anthony. Again like the above, all hype and no substance, cheap Chinese watches sold at vastly inflated prices, way above their true value.

Since when did Martha who works as a producer for Create and Craft, and part time presenter become some jewellery flilpping expert ive seen it now

She truely is a make believe guest expert or whatever else

It's the way to go on IW, there's quite a few of them now.

Behind the camera/backroom staff become on screen pretendy expert/demonstrators.

I used to get my Renault 21 serviced at Mann Egerton in Northampton in the late 1980s. I had no idea the name of a bog standard defunct car dealership had now been lifted for a watch make. Future available dead company names - Timothy Whites, Hepworths, Marshall & Snellgrove, John Collier, Dewhursts… Yes, that’s it.. Dewhursts Meaty Timepieces - A Cut Above The Rest…Or if not - Billy Smart’s Watches - For Circus That IS Ideal World!!

I used to get my Renault 21 serviced at Mann Egerton in Northampton in the late 1980s. I had no idea the name of a bog standard defunct car dealership had now been lifted for a watch make. Future available dead company names - Timothy Whites, Hepworths, Marshall & Snellgrove, John Collier, Dewhursts… Yes, that’s it.. Dewhursts Meaty Timepieces - A Cut Above The Rest…Or if not - Billy Smart’s Watches - For Circus That IS Ideal World!!
I’m waiting for Grace Brothers…

Elizabeth Grant is now on Qvc! that must hurt the ideal bottom line when did that happen?

Just this year.

I'm assuming IW must have lost at least one customer, Mason's wife, as he's always telling us during Elizabeth Grant shows that Elizabeth Grant is the only brand shes used on her face for five years cause it's that good.

Just this year.

I'm assuming IW must have lost at least one customer, Mason's wife, as he's always telling us during Elizabeth Grant shows that Elizabeth Grant is the only brand shes used on her face for five years cause it's that good.
Hahaha wouldn't be a surprise if it came back in a year or two the Qvc range seems very hard to break into especially beauty

Hayley is doing a fashion show

She bought a pair of skechers in 1992! (I rewound as I thought even for her this can't be what she said but she did)

They are like new...

Whatever brand in the world there is a 0% chance a pair of trainers bought 30 years ago can possibly look like new

She then said she still wears them regularly, not even a flicker on her face where she realises what she is saying can't possibly be true

Latest posts

Back