Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My husband bought a Tactical Frog watch for everyday wear, as he doesn't want to wear one of his good watches around the house, or when gardening. I think he paid £200 for it, and it looks quite good.

G shock for gardening ;) :)

did he go to Ali, usually cheaper on Ali?

Tactical Frog looks to similar in quality to Seestern/Sugess watches, like their Doxa homages. :)

My son and I both got Covid on Christmas Eve 2021, I felt ropey, had a really sore throat and bad cough, but it was gone in four days.
I've had Covid 3 times but didn't suffer badly, more like a very heavy cold. I've got a weak immune system so always get offered the jabs. I've never had proper side effects from the jabs, just felt a bit rough with a headache for a few hours.

The trouble was (and is) that he just wanted to make everything the Peter Simon show, including his ridiculous show openings which were actually very difficult to achieve because we didn't have an audio operator and only one cameraperson (I believe TJC has none). He used to namedrop the CEO to try and scare you into doing what he wanted ... Never did that when it was Hamish, though. Interesting. I found him nice enough to talk to until the subject was work and he loved to tell you a story, how true they were I couldn't tell you.

I remember someone here just a week or so ago commenting that he seemed angry on air. I saw that several times, and for no reason. It was not pleasant and amplified the things I mentioned above.

Perhaps that's why the BBC didn't keep him. Just a thought. :confused:
Thanks for that. Sounds a difficult person work wise at least from what you say. I suppose the visually immature behind the scenes crew basically say Yes, Peter - how high would you like? And laugh in the right places.

I’ve got both of mine next week. I’ve been having flu jabs since the 1980s. Recommended by my GP as most winters I got flu resulting in at least two weeks off work and the feeling tired for at least another four. One year I was on holiday and came back and they’d run out so I didn’t get one. Oh boy did I get flu. Started Boxing Day and finally got back to work mid January. Get them both done at my local pharmacy as you can queue for around an hour at the surgery and they don’t do the Covid one.
I got a text inviting me for a Covid jab, I booked it online at my local pharmacy 5 mins away. As I was booking it said I could have the flu jab as well. Took 5 minutes in the pharmacy, I didn't have to fill out a form in their as I booked online so they got all my details from there. Really efficient. Never that simple if I use my GP. I've only had flu once and suffered badly. I now get offered the flu jab for free and always have one.

Anyone in Northern ireland will remember Liesureworld, a toy and sports goods shop that wanted to be the Hamely's of Belfast and succeeded for 20 years

Being an NI girl I loved Robinson & Cleaver. I would go in there just to walk down the marble staircase, on my way to Oxford St Bus Station. Happy Days 😄

Just now Fly-pitcher Peter with the very same knock- off counterfeit perfume that he said a week ago was just about to sell out. 😳

Attachments

• IMG_2157.jpeg
    IMG_2157.jpeg
    276.5 KB

Latest posts

Back