Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Joanna and Sally on at the moment on the morning beauty section - what an awful combination.

The gabble twins!
Came on here to post the very same.

Who in their right mind thought motormouth Joanne and Foghorn Mother Teresa was a good combination, let alone a combination that people want to see first thing in the morning when they wake up I don't know.

I think the truth of it is there is a weak and juvenile management structure in place, and as a result, the presenters essentially run the joint themselves - shifts, getting gigs for their partner, saying and selling what and how they like, whilst the hapless kids watch on regardless.

getting gigs for their partner,
Yiannis and Joanne were selling a vacuum the other day, Peter Vol-au-vent nowhere to be seen and they did perfectly well selling and demonstrating the product themselves.

I fail to see what Peter V adds to anything and is just an unnecessary expenditure for IW. As we've often said/speculated, he's clearly only there because his wife has got him the gig and more often that not only tends to be used whenever she has shifts.

Indeed. In my view, he brings nothing to the table (literally) whatsoever in terms of any product he has demonstrated whatsoever. And certainly no level of serious expertise in anything I have ever seen him present. If anything…he acts his way through each ‘expert’ role more than offering up any serious level of knowledge. It’s like he drives ‘Herself’ in to work and they find something for him to do while he waits for her to finish.

Yiannis and Joanne were selling a vacuum the other day, Peter Vol-au-vent nowhere to be seen and they did perfectly well selling and demonstrating the product themselves.

I fail to see what Peter V adds to anything and is just an unnecessary expenditure for IW. As we've often said/speculated, he's clearly only there because his wife has got him the gig and more often that not only tends to be used whenever she has shifts.
Hey, don't talk about himself like that! Sure he's sparkling personality and wit, at least I'm half right

Pedro's offerings this morning - collagen, walking canes, security light, power bank and the blankets he spent an hour on last night. No point watching, seen it all before. Tonight Mike has some sort of jewelled vintage telephone, and a vintage car, Christmas gifts they say, heap of crappy tat I say. What's the point of a new studio, and HD transmission if all they are offering is 💩?

Indeed. In my view, he brings nothing to the table (literally) whatsoever in terms of any product he has demonstrated whatsoever. And certainly no level of serious expertise in anything I have ever seen him present. If anything…he acts his way through each ‘expert’ role more than offering up any serious level of knowledge. It’s like he drives ‘Herself’ in to work and they find something for him to do while he waits for her to finish.
That's right.

Peter V is like the janitor who is brought into class as a teaching assistant. He's not qualified to do anything useful.

That's why he's quite good at mop and bucket demonstrations.

Pedro's offerings this morning - collagen, walking canes, security light, power bank and the blankets he spent an hour on last night. No point watching, seen it all before. Tonight Mike has some sort of jewelled vintage telephone, and a vintage car, Christmas gifts they say, heap of crappy tat I say. What's the point of a new studio, and HD transmission if all they are offering is 💩?
We've already had the "first frosts of winter" and the "we already know we could be in for bad weather" speeches.

He goes from boiling summer to freezing winter with nothing in between. In his little world there are no leaves falling, there is no season of mists and mellow fruitfulness.

There's no Shelley or Keats only The Wheel Tappers and Shunters Club.

1728379502486.jpeg

We've already had the "first frosts of winter" and the "we already know we could be in for bad weather" speeches.

He goes from boiling summer to freezing winter with nothing in between. In his little world there are no leaves falling, there is no season of mists and mellow fruitfulness.

There's no Shelley or Keats only The Wheel Tappers and Shunters Club.

View attachment 29966
Ode to Autumn - one of the poems I studied for 'O level English Literature. I can remember the first verse, but not the rest. We had to learn six Keats poems.

Morning world, I've just watched a programme on my catch-up feed called " The dark side of the 90's, infomercials: shams and scams " about the early days of infomercials and shopping telly, you know the cheap gadgets, miracle cures, cleaning products etc, like setting a car bonnet on fire, they were all the go in the 80's on US tv. It was like watching ideal world all over 😁. It was very eye opening how a lot of these presenters and "experts " made a fortune. A few ended up in jail too, but it was/is a lucrative career. If you get a chance to watch it, please do.
Thanks for getting this far 😁

Dirty Pedro back on the "hero product" collagen - urging viewers to multi buy.
Some nonsense about a viewer from Liverpool curing his knee problems in seven weeks.

Pedro claims he's been taking it for 15 years - and it saved his hair 😂

A world renowned surgeon told him 'during procedures" his skin elasticity was so good.
Presume these were the "patio door" procedures

Good news folks, Dirty Peter says "when this is all over for me, and it won't be too much longer, I'm going to be a brand ambassador for this collagen".

Dirty Pedro back on the "hero product" collagen - urging viewers to multi buy.
Some nonsense about a viewer from Liverpool curing his knee problems in seven weeks.

Pedro claims he's been taking it for 15 years - and it saved his hair 😂

A world renowned surgeon told him 'during procedures" his skin elasticity was so good.
Presume these were the "patio door" procedures
The way his scalp appears under harsh studio lights suggests to me the use of a hair loss disguise powder such as Mane, rather than any cosmetic or surgery interventions.

Muriel was texting to ask if her husband should use collagen!
Of course, Dirty Peter said to get it for him - and to try it herself.

Keeps saying "get a four month supply for the winter"

Latest posts

Back