Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You almost think TJC management has no interest in the channel. Perhaps all they want is the long term use of the brand name, the web space and the channel numbers. Accordingly, day to day behaviour and performance means little to them?

If the name adds new customers and sales that's all they worry about, they care not how.

I also think the grabbed the IW name and started up before they were ready to pull the rug out from Shop Extra before they could establish themselves as a new alternative to IW.

Sally has got some hideous trousers on, one is a horrible green leaf design. Just 2 sizes - 8-16 and 18-24.

Yesterday she was constantly saying "a trouser" in the 2 minutes I watched her. Now she's just said you can wear "a tight" underneath it. A tight what?🤔

How long are they going with the Clearance Carnival? If it is a reference to the Notting Hill Carnival they need to know that it ended on Monday.

Think it's a warehouse clearance carnival, so could take a looooong time to clear. ;)

Jezza desperately trying to flog Nubeo watches - at £599, they're hardly clearance.

"I can see people queuing for these" - can you? Nope, thought not.
"Collectors items" "superhero watches"..........all sorts of gibberish tumbling from his mouth

Yeah, well jokes on you HughTwo!

I just got an e-mail from eBay. They're now doing 'Authenticity Guarantee' for watch sellers so buyers can buy watches knowing they're legit, and 'subjected to a multi-point inspection by independent authenticators and arrives with a unique authentication card'.

The e-mail even promotes some of the most popular 'premium watch brands' on eBay and guess who's among them?

Screenshot 2024-08-28 at 13.39.23.png

…Oh, wait.

I could've sworn that lineup was Nubeo, Christophe DuChump, Swan & Edgar and Hilly Bunt..

Anyway, I don't imagine people sell those kinds of watches. They're heirloom pieces to hand down through the generations…

Last edited:
Shouty Salleh now flogging a bottle of collagen, the brand name is 'Doctor's Formula'. That's not misleading at all is it?

Apparently its rarely in stock and hard to come by.

DEREK! GET OFF THE PHONE.
But it's our son, love. His car has…
I CAN'T CARE ABOUT THAT. SALLY'S GOT IT BACK IN.
…and his wife and our grandkids are…
DOCTOR'S FORMULA, DEREK! HURRY!
…but he needs us to…
THIS IS THE COLLAGEN DOCTOR'S USE, DEREK! PRIORITIES! HASH! BUY ALL!
…oooh fook…

I just got an e-mail from eBay. They're now doing 'Authenticity Guarantee' for watch sellers so buyers can buy watches knowing they're legit, and 'subjected to a multi-point inspection by independent authenticators and arrives with a unique authentication card'.

The e-mail even promotes some of the most popular 'premium watch brands' on eBay and guess who's among them?

View attachment 29555

…Oh, wait.

I could've sworn that lineup was Nubeo, Christophe DuChump, Swan & Edgar and Hilly Bunt..

Anyway, I don't imagine people sell those kinds of watches. They're heirloom pieces to hand down through the generations…
What on earth has happened to the daddy of them all - Thomas Earnshaw.

A leading watch expert once said "Not only is it a precious item from the history of horology, not only is it quality you will not surpass, not only is this a timepiece to treasure and pass through the ages, it is an Earnshaw. Good luck if you get one, alright, ave a buy."

A leading watch expert once said "Not only is it a precious item from the history of horology, not only is it quality you will not surpass, not only is this a timepiece to treasure and pass through the ages, it is an Earnshaw. Good luck if you get one, alright, ave a buy."

Not only did someone believe all of that, not only did someone buy one, not only were they left with a watch of poor quality now left in a drawer needing repair…

Shouty Salleh now flogging a bottle of collagen, the brand name is 'Doctor's Formula'. That's not misleading at all is it?

But collagen drinks - possibly another brand - saved Dirty Peter from a hip replacement.
This stuff seems even better!
Mother Theresa listed the reasons you might be depleting collagen prematurely - including "restaurant food" :ROFLMAO:
She "knocks it back" every day - the collagen, not the restaurant food, allegedly.

View attachment 29555

…Oh, wait.

It's for watches £1500 and over which rules out most of IW watch brands.

But the problem is it isn't a guarantee of quality versus the price. It just guarantees that the item matches and conforms to the description listed, ie it's Duchamp watch that matches the description.
There a Duchamp which carries the Authenticity guarantee, Marine Chrono listed at £1500, now as far as ebay is concerned the watch matches the the listing's description, which it does, it's also priced withing the brands RRP. Technically as far as ebay is corncered it's an authentic Christophe Duchamp watch and matches the description listed, so your getting what is being sold.

We know the watch is just an overpriced copy of a Roamer watch but that is not what the authenticity guarantee is about. ;)

It was on a couple of weeks ago and Peter said to multibuy as it would probably another 6 months till they got more. It's on quite regularly.

Oh TJC/IW still sell Earnshaw, some cracking deals, they're only asking £1919 (oh but luckily they have a 20% discount) for this little beauty. :eek::ROFLMAO:

Or they have the same watch listed again at £279.99. but strangely out of stock (same company, same warehouse, same stock, how the hell can it be out of stock )

IW are only asking £279.99 for it, but again, strangely out of stock (same company, same warehouse, same stock, how the hell can it be out of stock :unsure:)

But the best bit is it Earnshaw themselves are selling it for £111 at the moment.

Now some of teh pics in the web links may confuse folks, cause there are differences in the movements, but that is due to everyone using the stock photos from Earnshaw, but all the links are for the same watch Thomas Earnshaw Beauchamp or maybe should be renamed Beauchump and even the £111 price is too much.

But collagen drinks - possibly another brand - saved Dirty Peter from a hip replacement.
This stuff seems even better!
Mother Theresa listed the reasons you might be depleting collagen prematurely - including "restaurant food" :ROFLMAO:
She "knocks it back" every day - the collagen, not the restaurant food, allegedly.

He sold a few different brands, Doctor's Formula, Numii, Proto-col and he's claimed each one was the saviour of his hip.

Latest posts

Back