Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter Simon's watch intro goes:

The young man who now runs William Hunt, well William Hunt himself in fact, is a world famous fashionista.

He then runs the stock film of William Hunt who frankly looks like an older version of Mike Mason, bald, bearded and looking at least 55. Young man???

He's not a ruddy watchmaker either and his Saville Row shop is long since closed as we all know. Simon says "if you go to Paris or Saville Row to buy this watch..." You would find nowt!

Some of the most famous people in the world wear his watches.

Really? Name one you old fraudster!

Utter drivel.
One thing's for sure, there are a few William Hunt's working at IW ...

They are fecking OBSESSED with the 'people will come up to ask you ...' routine.

It's both laughable and tragic.

I collect watches and nobody ever comes up in the bar/restaurant/shop etc and asks what i'm wearing/where did you get it etc, but happens all the time to IW presenters.
Also everyone one of them is obsessed with the weight of the watches, to them weighty equals quality, which really, really isn't the case.

I collect watches and nobody ever comes up in the bar/restaurant/shop etc and asks what i'm wearing/where did you get it etc, but happens all the time to IW presenters.
Also everyone one of them is obsessed with the weight of the watches, to them weighty equals quality, which really, really isn't the case.
My husband has remarked on this. His watches are made of Titanium.

Household insurance

I bet the various insurance company call centres have a right laugh when some old curmudgeon calls up wanting to add their IW watch…

"I WANT TO INSURE MY SELLY TELLY WATCH. IT'S WORTH OVER £1000."
Great, and how much did you pay for it, sir?
"…OH, ER, THE WIFE GOT A DEAL UNDER £200. T'WERE PRICING ERROR. SHE GOT IN QUICK."
I have to put down the market value, sir so…
"BUT IT'S AN HEIRLOOM! AN ANTIQUE! LIMITED EDITION! IT'S BEEN TO SPACE VIA SLOUGH"
We only insure items on what they're worth today, not possible future values, sir.
"THE CREST ALONE SPEAKS QUALITY! MEN WILL STOP AND ASK ABOUT IT! SWISS DESIGN!"
Yes, but the market value, sir. We can—
"DID I MENTION FIRST LAYER LEATHER STRAP? LIMITED EDITION? ESTEEMED HOROLOGY OF TIME?"
…Again, we insure based on what it costs to replace like for li—
"I'M NOT HAVING THIS! FEW COULD ASPIRE TO OWN ONE! THIS IS A CON!"
The watch does sound it - good evening, sir!

Last edited:
Peter V saying how great the floor cleaner (spinning mop heads) is and this is what everyone should have to clean their floors.

Peter obviously forgets he did a show earlier using a totally different type of floor cleaner to demo the vinyl floor cleaning soln, that floor cleaner was the same as the one he uses at home he said. No spinning mop heads for Peter V then.

There is no other fabric like this other fabric in the world. No other fabric than this fabric in this fabric. Created by a military organisation of fabric by a group of young women and men women in the bowels of a Syrian warehouse. This may help with high blood pressure. This won’t help. You need to look for the snow flake elblum….Okay? I’ll tell it as it isn’t, me. If you are somebody got bedridden….IT WILL NEVER GET WARM. Only when Chef Mark sets fire to it.

if you sleep under this and you have an accident, then tell your insurer that you were driving your vehicle with a duvet over your head….Okay???

Last edited:
Peter V saying how great the floor cleaner (spinning mop heads) is and this is what everyone should have to clean their floors.

Peter obviously forgets he did a show earlier using a totally different type of floor cleaner to demo the vinyl floor cleaning soln, that floor cleaner was the same as the one he uses at home he said. No spinning mop heads for Peter V then.
Gen probably has to get down on her hands and knees with a scrubbing brush. The old ways are the best. 😜

Latest posts

Back