Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yeah, it's just a complete con. I found a thread on Reddit about them and one guy said he got a discount on them with his gym membership. lol

View attachment 29473

Also another guy summed the company up pretty well.

View attachment 29474
This is good to know. I wasn't sure exactly how they did it. It looks good on TV to have those prices on the website so they can point to it. I would imagine nobody pays the full price. I would imagine that if you stumbled across the site, when you get to a certain point they'll offer you 85% off. I wonder what trading standards have to say about that. Despite their so called Swiss heritage they are a UK registered company

So am I right in saying you can get one of the £1750 RRP ones on the manufacturer’s website using a code for under £300? Strangely, I have yet to hear Ideal World mention that code. The sort of thing Watchdog (when it was a proper show) would possibly have looked at. A real collusion type con, you might say. What a stack of steaming crud.

So am I right in saying you can get one of the £1750 RRP ones on the manufacturer’s website using a code for under £300? Strangely, I have yet to hear Ideal World mention that code. The sort of thing Watchdog (when it was a proper show) would possibly have looked at. A real collusion type con, you might say. What a stack of steaming crud.
I didn't believe it when hubby mentioned it. We had been watching Pedro spouting the usual guff about heirloom pieces, house insurance etc. My husband did a quick search online, found the code, entered it on the Duchump website at checkout, and the price was below £309. What about the poor sods who pay the full price of £1750 without the code? (If there are any, which I highly doubt).

CLEARANCE SALE with Dr. Twa…Edwards. Get a free Chris Duchump 85% off code with item they won’t clear today and couldn’t clear previously. The old ‘World Beating’ £9.99 price on what was £9.99 before. He is not going to say the C Word..Oh..he did. Don’t be so hard on yourself, Doctor. He has never come across a candle like this one before. Each to their own…

I wouldn't even pay anything like that for flaky gold plate which is likely to look horrible after a few years. At the very least it will tarnish and fade.

When A Man Called Mason was having a go at flogging the Duchamps the other day he claimed that gold plate was the new gold because solid gold was too expensive.

Well that's the whole point barrer boy - gold lasts and is the hallmark of quality. That's what you pay for but IW's ethos is that if it's shiny today, it'll fool people for now - don't worry about tomorrow.

The mock reverence with which Peter Simon treats Duchamp is laughable - it's like he's giving us plebeian IW viewers a taste of the good life but we all know it's a sham from the ludicrous RRPs to the shyster presentations.

Every day it's "the last few...the last few..."

CLEARANCE SALE with Dr. Twa…Edwards. Get a free Chris Duchump 85% off code with item they won’t clear today and couldn’t clear previously. The old ‘World Beating’ £9.99 price on what was £9.99 before. He is not going to say the C Word..Oh..he did. Don’t be so hard on yourself, Doctor. He has never come across a candle like this one before. Each to their own…
Jeremy is as brown as the wallet he is selling.

I bet he's been down with da kids on the beaches of Ibiza and dancing to S-Club in the discos boasting that he knew one of 'em.

He's using the old "don't want to worry you but..." routine warning of identity theft.

Feeble.

Radio Frequencies when you are out looking for similar goods to ours in your usual low street stores like Halfpennyland and Farmyard Foods. Scanning your leatherette designer bag and obtaining your Electron card details. Emptying this week’s social security monies into their accounts. No food, rent not paid, Blockbuster video account bounced, homelessness…Destitution…Not trying to scare you..

Just say you are a Peterborough United fan...

You got hand it too them on the marketing score, they've got loads of folks fooled.

Their marketing guy, Arne Decaestecker (Brand Logic Ltd) has certainly done the rounds of Football clubs offering sponsorship so the clubs offer their watches to their fans. The sponsorship isn't like some big money, it's giving a free watch to the teams player of the month or Goal of the month.

Must have been a couple of friends/work collegues at Brand Logic (Arne Decaestecker & Oliver Marsh) decided to start up their own watch brand having been involved in promoting brands through their own job, using Oliver's sister? Eleanor Marsh as the Director to set it up and voila we have Christophe Duchump with a whole marketing bullshit story (Perpetual Luxury, Swiss Watch brand from Menrisio) at the ready.

Latest posts

Back