Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Natalia and Pedro getting into a lather about moisturiser. They've got the price wrong, it shouldn't be this low, our producer will be in big trouble. What a load of cobblers, I'll stick with Nivea. He's very touchy feely with Natalia, I would lamp him one, but she probably loves the attention.
This element of selly telly has always been weird and I wonder if it's a throwback to infomercials in the sense of constant repetition because infomercials will have a high turnover of different viewers.

My point is this. Let's say a group of people watched IW for three days. I don't mean they can only watch IW, but IW is the selly telly channel they watch when they want to during the three days. Only this group watches the channel, no one else. They are then replaced by a different group for the next three days and so on.

In that scenario, you could understand the presenters constantly recycling the same sales tactics because they'd know viewers aren't with them long enough to pick up on the fact it's a sales tactic and essentially a lie.

However even though selly telly channels will have viewers coming and going all the time (channel hoppers like me) equally they'll have viewers who watch quite regularly. So it's nothing short of insulting to use the same guff tactics as if they're true e.g. oops the price is wrong, the producer will be in trouble.

WHEN THE PRICE IS GEUINELY WRONG, ALL THE SHOWMANSHIP STOPS AND THEY SAY IN A SERIOUS TONE 'GIVE US A SEC TO CORRECT THAT PRICE FOR YOU.'

Summary, they insult their viewers with their guff.

These £1.99 socks will cure cancer. These may cure cancer. These won’t cure cancer. These could help with DVT prevention. These may help.. These socks may help split the atom. These socks won’t help attim the splittom. You don’t wear socks? ‘Ave a Buy.’ You might wear them one day. Multi-Buy ‘Ave a Buy, okay.. I’ll go to hell, me… Our Bet..text me that you’ve bought 1000. Charlie? Yes, oh shopping master. Tell me whatever I want to hear, Right? You walk on water, Master. Charlie, Grasshopper? When you can take the price comparison pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave, Okay?

Latest posts

Back