Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That Bosch Hoover is miles cheaper on Ideal World than anywhere else, virtually half the price or more.

Very good :mysmilie_59:

It's only £109.00 on Amazon with free del.

Hughes have got an almost identical one for £99.99 delivered but it's got an ever so slightly different model number.

There's is a BGS5PET2GB and Ideal World's is a BGS5PET3GB :mysmilie_59:

Hughes have got an almost identical one for £99.99 delivered but it's got an ever so slightly different model number.

There's is a BGS5PET2GB and Ideal World's is a BGS5PET3GB :mysmilie_59:

That's what certain stores do sometimes to avoid price matching, especially with electrical products (televisions being a prime example). A very slightly different model number perhaps also with a very minor difference (an extra tool supplied or a slightly different cosmetic finish, etc.) as well to help justify the change.

Speaking of vacuum cleaners. Why is it that the demonstrations always seem to show the amazing power of the machine picking up:-rice,breakfast cereal,dust(the unlikeliest example of dust I've seen),screws!!who hoovers up those ?Its the rice and breakfast cereal that annoy me.Oh and the eggs-whole ones.Not the mess that would happen if you dropped an egg.Everything gets sucked up wet or dry .Oh yes the 'ultimate' test -glitter the thing most cleaners won't remove.The scenario is much the same for every vac,whilst the presenter screams with feigned surprise. Er no with the am dram you've seen it about twenty times before.

Speaking of vacuum cleaners. Why is it that the demonstrations always seem to show the amazing power of the machine picking up:-rice,breakfast cereal,dust(the unlikeliest example of dust I've seen),screws!!who hoovers up those ?Its the rice and breakfast cereal that annoy me.Oh and the eggs-whole ones.Not the mess that would happen if you dropped an egg.Everything gets sucked up wet or dry .Oh yes the 'ultimate' test -glitter the thing most cleaners won't remove.The scenario is much the same for every vac,whilst the presenter screams with feigned surprise. Er no with the am dram you've seen it about twenty times before.

Indeed, a pan and brush is what I'd use to pick up bits of cereal I don't recall dropping dry rice. Bev Bad Hare should try her Bissell out on a Ribena spill, or perhaps a splodge of Curry that had Turmeric in it.

I've said it before on here that we genuinely went through all manner of Steam Mops before finding one that actually works really well (ranging from a difficult to use £100+ H20 Power X to a not very steamy £20 Pifco and more in between) and the one we finally found was a £30 Hoover. And without doubt the best Vacuum Cleaner we have had for suction is a dirt cheap Argos own brand. It's brutal, so powerful it's unreal. I think it must have cost no more than £40, it may have been even less.

Nothing stands a chance with it but it's as heavy as a Ford Fiesta and uses paper bags. It's years old :mysmilie_59:

A good price .Maybe IW have bought in some old stock.I thought of having one of this type of systems once but reviews have often remarked on the heaviness of this type of iron.It's enough of a chore without lugging a heavier weight than necessary.For those who want to try one of these however it's worth a look.

A good price .Maybe IW have bought in some old stock.I thought of having one of this type of systems once but reviews have often remarked on the heaviness of this type of iron.It's enough of a chore without lugging a heavier weight than necessary.For those who want to try one of these however it's worth a look.

If one buys one's Wardrobe from Ideal World would one make use of a Polti?

Polyester is so forgiving isn't it? :mysmilie_59:

Hmm very true .A modern Crimplene. Anything that does manage to get creased probably won't get through the first wash intact to need ironing anyway making the Polti somewhat redundant.

Hmm very true .A modern Crimplene. Anything that does manage to get creased probably won't get through the first wash intact to need ironing anyway making the Polti somewhat redundant.

Daisy Eldridge uses Polti to iron all her yarns before she starts cutting her designs. Nicole prefers Phoenix Gold.

Dunno about Kurt Muller but he loves a Fruit Corner :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

Especially the one with cherries.

Interesting. And you may also be interested to know that Nanty doesn't like Crème fraîche. He outright refused to eat Roly Poly's Steam Pudding because he topped it with Crème fraîche.

So, are we thinking that Nanty is the type who makes a fuss in a Restaurant?

That's Celebrities for you :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

:mysmilie_5: I can well believe many of these 'celebrities'make a fuss in all kinds of places.
I'm amazed that there was any pudding left for anyone else to have Creme Fraiche on.

Interesting. And you may also be interested to know that Nanty doesn't like Crème fraîche. He outright refused to eat Roly Poly's Steam Pudding because he topped it with Crème fraîche.

So, are we thinking that Nanty is the type who makes a fuss in a Restaurant?

That's Celebrities for you :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 12355

There'd have been no offer of Sponge Pudding if BIG BRODEL had made it. And he'd have no doubt been 'saving' the Crème fraîche for another dish.

I feel that Poo Poo could be a difficult customer in a Restaurant too but he's OK really. He always seems to try his best, he's very enthusiastic. I have no doubt he's a dependable, hard worker.

And he can so easily exceed expectations :mysmilie_59:

If you didn't catch it last time, or the time before that, or the time before that it's £20 Day again from 9pm.

So in the (very) unlikely event you missed out on Shadazzle, Fabulift, Micro Fibre Cloths, Spiralizer or Tower Frying Pans make sure you tune in and don't lose out this time (the 127th time).

I suppose there's a small chance that they might not be on again, you never know :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back