Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Was talking about all this with a work colleague the other day. I'm SOooo glad I grew up in the 70s/80s, many happy memories of popping down the high street to check out the latest LPs, singles and music on cassette. And looking at the packs of blank audio and video cassettes deciding which brand to buy.

Yes there's obviously a degree of rose-tinted glasses, however on balance I'm pleased I grew up in the pre Internet era.
Do you remember limited edition records pressed on coloured vinyl, and picture discs?

My late mum used to get through a lot of blank audio tapes because she used to record songs from Radio 2 and later Capital Gold. She had dozens of them so always had plenty of music to listen to.

I've got fond memories of record shops, we had an Our Price in my high street, I was always in there. And Woolworths of course.

Going into Woolworths finding the case of a album you want, take it to the counter, after 10 minutes of trying to find it, you would get a sorry we can’t find it
Love that, in our Woolworth you always had to check that it was the correct record, they were always putting the wrong album in the sleeve🤣. Happy memories...

Crikey, according to Natalia the ‘ slimming’ belt may just cure everything. ‘. It shrinks your stomach so that you don’t need to eat as much’ and you’ll become addicted to it’. What a complete load of utter cobblers. Apparently even when you take it off your muscles will still be contracting through the day. I can’t believe she just said that.

Do you remember limited edition records pressed on coloured vinyl, and picture discs?

My late mum used to get through a lot of blank audio tapes because she used to record songs from Radio 2 and later Capital Gold. She had dozens of them so always had plenty of music to listen to.

I've got fond memories of record shops, we had an Our Price in my high street, I was always in there. And Woolworths of course.
I remember squeeze used to have coloured singles - I think it was pink for cool for cats and purple for up the junction - loved them

Latest posts

Back