Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Spot on..

I personally think he's the best presenter for the entire channel, by far.

He doesn't do hard sales or pressure tactics. He just says what the product is, and what it isn't.
He doesn't allow viewers to make assumptions about a product being better then it is, which, unfortunately, most of the other presenters do.

Sometimes he is like that on the 6-10 and 10-2 slots.
I’m not as convinced, I’m afraid. Andy was quite a bigwig at Auction World, which should ring a lot of alarm bells. For me, it’s hard to square his on-screen persona (avuncular, nice, seemingly genuine) with a leadership role in some channels with very poor reputations indeed.
Maybe TJC is different, but Auction World, for me, is a big red flag.

Having a fancy watch has never been of interest to me. I have a casio g-shock and does everything I need from a watch. If I was to buy a decent watch, I would buy a Roamer Premier with the blue dial.
Don’t worry! Those sold by IW are a very, very (very) long way from fancy watches. Average lifespan, I’d guess at around 2 years - but I’ve had to work on some much younger than that. And my heart sinks every time. How do you tell someone that their £200 purchase was worthless the day they put it on?
I love the G-shock, though. It’s an honest, tough, good-looking, everyday watch that won’t let you down.
Roamer are fine. But if you can afford it, I think Tudor is the best compromise between cost and resale value- superbly made and look great.

They had a couple of Tags (one was a Monaco) on their web site 4/5 years ago, didn't feature on a show, just the web site, but on their shows probably the few Eternas they a few years back have been the best.
Got to respect Eterna. After all, without the automatic winding they pioneered, we’d all have calloused fingers!
But I think they’ve contracted such a lot. They had such big ideas with the Caliber 39 - hoping it might be a real modular competitor to ETA and Selitta. But it wasn’t to be. I have a nice 1949 with the full calendar Valjoux 7751 in it that always makes me smile when I wear it.

Don’t worry! Those sold by IW are a very, very (very) long way from fancy watches. Average lifespan, I’d guess at around 2 years - but I’ve had to work on some much younger than that. And my heart sinks every time. How do you tell someone that their £200 purchase was worthless the day they put it on?
I love the G-shock, though. It’s an honest, tough, good-looking, everyday watch that won’t let you down.
Roamer are fine. But if you can afford it, I think Tudor is the best compromise between cost and resale value- superbly made and look great.
Am I to understand that a lot of the watches share the same parts bin?

I’m not as convinced, I’m afraid. Andy was quite a bigwig at Auction World, which should ring a lot of alarm bells. For me, it’s hard to square his on-screen persona (avuncular, nice, seemingly genuine) with a leadership role in some channels with very poor reputations indeed.
Maybe TJC is different, but Auction World, for me, is a big red flag.
Fair points, Professor. I agree he can be seen as tainted as a planning part of that awful channel. I do think, though, had he been involved with the start-up of the new version of this channel, and had some active role in programming, you might have found that they at least had a working microwave on the counter, cooked food for all the kitchen type products shows, and presenters might also have been expected to do some preparation for the products they sell in advance of the show, and not introduce themselves to them live on-air. Across-the-board, on anything sold other than the beauty products, the presenting culture seems to wing it rather than do anything practical to read up or learn about items prior to bringing them to air. It is embarrassing in the extreme.

Well would you adam and eve it. It has sold out so many times, but as per usual with the so called sold out items, here is the AVOLOGI device once again. I am certain that AliExpress will have a device that can perform similar tasks at a much reduced cost.

Latest posts

Back