Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Christ, so far this evening it's been the shopping TV equivalant of one of them catalogues you get inside the Sunday newspapers, or one of the adverts in the back of the papers, with the items old mickey has been flogging tonight. Absolute garbage.
Yeah my dad always calls them 'seebackrocopes' these must have items in magazine back in the 60s

The goods get more low rent..Definitely F*** Right Off - £6.99 perfume…Great Valentine’s Day for an ex you loathed….Now what…Fluff Rollers from Ronco for £7.99..Can you haggle with the man at the folding table tonight…It’s like being taken back to 1974, when you looked through the windows at what you couldn’t afford in The Green Shield Stamps showroom.. We’re not moving on so quickly because nobody wants it, he says. Sure you’re not. Dash Cams…Please God no more…

Last edited:
The guy is clearly driven. Basic start in life according to what he says about himself. Then an electrician, and now a couple of decades working in shopping television, on what you would suspect has been a good living. How he lost his sight in one eye, we don’t know how, but I know I would dread to lose 50% of my eyesight. I dislike a lot of his rhetoric, and a lot of his sales techniques, but you cannot question that he is a fighter. He probably sees selling these low rent goods as another challenge, and you have to say he appears to give his all in trying to do so.

I was just wondering how that sits with data protection rules - Gallery staff being able to look at people’s baskets, and knowing and broadcasting if they have completed their purchases or not? I thought you only provided your name after you begin checking out? How do they see customer names?

I was just wondering how that sits with data protection rules - Gallery staff being able to look at people’s baskets, and knowing and broadcasting if they have completed their purchases or not? I thought you only provided your name after you begin checking out? How do they see customer names?
You would have to log in to put anything in your basket, so they could tell that way, and also when you check out, which is how they know how many products have sold out. Not sure if Jane from Luton hasn’t checked out is enough to be a GDPR issue.

Fair comment. Nonetheless, the tactic doesn’t sit well with me. It wasn’t done on previous versions of the channel. It isn’t done on QVC. If I was a customer of theirs, I wouldn’t want my partial details, and or what I was buying read out on-air. I wouldn’t want to know when I signed into my account, people in a television studio could also be logged-in to my shopping activity and saw fit to publicise that as part of their broadcasts.

Fair comment. Nonetheless, the tactic doesn’t sit well with me. It wasn’t done on previous versions of the channel. It isn’t done on QVC. If I was a customer of theirs, I wouldn’t want my partial details, and or what I was buying read out on-air. I wouldn’t want to know when I signed into my account, people in a television studio could also be logged-in to my shopping activity and saw fit to publicise that as part of their broadcasts.
I don’t disagree with you, I don’t like it either, and it’s common on TJC, so no surprise that it’s now on IW.

and when I brought the headphones on IW they said thanks Ian ... so it is not fake ... not at least like that

Latest posts

Back