Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry going off the above topic(s) here.

I am watching the Visicook 3in1 Airchef, Now maybe its just me, but the Visicook looks a disatser which will end up in tears just waiting to happen, the way the wee basket comes out the device can only end up in tears and burns all over the hands and arms!!

Joe was "demonstrating" how good the Visicook was, the thing is Joe failed to mention how awkard and lethal the basket and heated food is to handle once the items are cooked.

Must be an easier way to cook than the Visicook.................fast track to A&E never mind to dinner!!

It must take some doing to go out of business during a boom period

I hope they get their act together. Crafting is not my bag but that channel has until recently had a good reputation. They've wrecked the main channel so hopefully they can rescue C&C.

The new presenter seems nice, confident and friendly, refreshingly lacking in hysteria. I wish her well, she'll need it among that den of pit vipers.

De Knees has already bought three colours of the Super Save The World Trousers, she's going for another two today. I'm sure she'll get much use out of them, just like Baby Jane does. Look out for her wearing the red ones. :mysmilie_59:

image.jpgimage.jpg

I know i am a dinosaur but i much prefer to go into a shop and see and try what i want to buy sadly becoming harder to do not least because the shops are no longer there sorry about droning on but i long to go back to the days when there was always a shop you were looking for on the high street.

I like gong into physical shops to look at an item then get a better deal buying online (not rip-off merchants Ideal World, obviously) buying much cheaper. Shops are now for browsing. The internet is for buying! :happy:

It is interesting that you say that. I always had the impression that US shopping tv was shameless, brash, loud... but a accepted part of that countries culture, yet we would still see it as a source of amusement where we, the British are supposedly more civilised and reserved.

Have we surpassed that gaudy style under the guise of ''aspiration''

I think the biggest difference is that American Selly Telly - QVC in particular, seem to employ former models and other 'perfect looking' people as presenters compared to Ideal World's 'butt-ugly' characters such as Gollum, Shreque and Pervy Pete. You can't get a bigger contrast than that..

These Trousers really are something quite special. According to Dirty Peter the 'Petrol' coloured design are also :-

Teal coloured
Periwinkle coloured
Indigo coloured
They can make you look like you've dropped a dress size
You can wear your Gladiator Sandles
You can wear your Loafers
You can wear your Flip Flops
You can wear your Stiletto Heels
You can do anything
You can dress them up for the evening
They're perfect if you're a curvy, wonderful, lustrous woman of Size 26
They're very forgiving
They're very flattering

Things he failed to mention are that they can complete Schubert's Unfinished Symphony, they can defeat ISIS and they can cure the Common Cold.

image.jpg

2 for £25 on Flexipay :mysmilie_59:

373083_SUPER__BLA_20160608_1.jpg

A few weeks ago he had a 'cold shoulder top' that he was shilling, like the above pic

He said that you could put your arms through the sleeve if you wanted to :mysmilie_506:

Doesn't he know that Rod Hull is dead?

image.jpg

And what's this business of 'we are giving priority to the phones*' he keeps saying?

*09 Phone Lines at 20p a minute which as far as I'm aware is unheard of elsewhere (apart from Create & Craft) :down:

373083_SUPER__BLA_20160608_1.jpg

A few weeks ago he had a 'cold shoulder top' that he was shilling, like the above pic

He said that you could put your arms through the sleeve if you wanted to :mysmilie_506:

It's for people with four arms...:mysmilie_11:

It's for people with four arms...:mysmilie_11:

You have to remember that Ideal World's clothes are quite miraculous, they can do anything.

Maybe it doubles up as a Dog Coat?

Or a Cat Coat?

image.jpgimage.jpg

How about a Rabbit Coat? :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

De Knees has highlighted even more features of the Ground Breaking Wonder Trousers : -

They do not add any bulk
They minimise the look of your bottom
They make you look so slim
The Taper makes people look at the bottom of your leg, they WILL not look elsewhere
The Taper deceives your eye and makes people think you're 'that slim'
They're cool
They're fresh
They're comfortable
They look really expensive
They'll never lose their shape*
They'll never lose their colour**
You'll never have to iron them***

* Website says 'Reshape While Damp'
** Website says 'Wash with similar colours'
*** Website says 'Iron on low temperature'

Website also says they're 95% Polyester, they say just about everything else but the goons don't say that though :mysmilie_59:

It's Cruise Time again, Nanty and Bod are on hand to offer expert advice.

First Port of call is Guernsey. Bod offered an interesting fact that 'Guernsey was one of the only parts of the UK that was occupied during the Second World War'.

Despite Bod's very interesting 'fact' (and despite the on screen graphics saying otherwise) Guernsey, of course, isn't part of the UK.

Let's hope the Captain knows a bit more :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

I think the biggest difference is that American Selly Telly - QVC in particular, seem to employ former models and other 'perfect looking' people as presenters compared to Ideal World's 'butt-ugly' characters such as Gollum, Shreque and Pervy Pete. You can't get a bigger contrast than that..

A reasonable point Mr Greg. Although I suggest they are both for the same reason (subtle manipulation of their audience)

I hope they get their act together. Crafting is not my bag but that channel has until recently had a good reputation. They've wrecked the main channel so hopefully they can rescue C&C.

The new presenter seems nice, confident and friendly, refreshingly lacking in hysteria. I wish her well, she'll need it among that den of pit vipers.

De Knees has already bought three colours of the Super Save The World Trousers, she's going for another two today. I'm sure she'll get much use out of them, just like Baby Jane does. Look out for her wearing the red ones. :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 12036View attachment 12037

At about 5'ish Sally Jaxx was on c&c

I do hope that is not their solution.

At about 5'ish Sally Jaxx was on c&c

I do hope that is not their solution.

Good grief, they don't deserve that.

Dirty Peter was on it recently. Thoroughly shocking, one line that sticks in my mind is 'if you're a crafter you'll want this'.

Shreque was similarly on it recently, he could barely hide his boredom. All he seemed to say was that he knows nothing about crafting.

It would seem the owners of Ideal World & Create & Craft know nothing about crafting either :mysmilie_59:

Dirty Peter was on it recently. Thoroughly shocking, one line that sticks in my mind is 'if you're a crafter you'll want this'.

Shreque was similarly on it recently, he could barely hide his boredom. All he seemed to say was that he knows nothing about crafting.

It would seem the owners of C&C know nothing about crafting either :mysmilie_59:

I hope I am wrong, but I suspect they thought ''well the bid presenters sell the most stuff, so lets simply move them across''

I hope I am wrong, but I suspect they thought ''well the bid presenters sell the most stuff, so lets simply move them across''

They've probably got no choice but to use some of the dreadful Ideal World goons because so many Create & Craft Presenters have left.

Sally Jacks is on it now, selling Knitting Stuff. I'm not sure if Create & Craft is live all day though.

The Ideal World POTD at 9pm is another crafting product. :mysmilie_59:

Hi guys and gals,

Not been signed in for a while, but have been reading your astute and funny observations. I had the misfortune to witness creepy Pete flogging the tapered trousers with the "plus" size model Katie. Eeeh gads he was all over the girl like a rash. Up and down her legs, hugging her hips, pawing her arms and tinkering with her necklace and neckline and was a bit too near her assets for my liking. Gawd does she get danger money????? It is disturbing. Is he so starved of close human contact he goes for broke with the models??? Yeuch. Just had to put fingers to keyboard as he is weird beyond description.

*shudders

They've probably got no choice but to use some of the dreadful Ideal World goons because so many Create & Craft Presenters have left.

Sally Jacks is on it now, selling Knitting Stuff. I'm not sure if Create & Craft is live all day though.

The Ideal World POTD at 9pm is another crafting product. :mysmilie_59:

Isn't Tuesday normally a craft PotD on IW?

Latest posts

Back