Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ah, a lovely "not a direct comparison" between their no-brand Chinese-made smartwatch (with laggy UI, inaccurate sensors, and poor quality components, requiring a buggy app that probably hoovers up all your personal data in the background) versus a £79.99 Fitbit (technically a fitness tracker not a smartwatch, but actually much better at being one than IW's offering) made by Google.

Clearly IW's is better because Gen says it is.

I'll go and 'av a buy.

Why are Amazon allowing IW to sell it cheaper

AIUI, Amazon isn't supplying IW with these heaters (or any products) so it's not a case of them "allowing" it.

Plenty of electrical shops on eBay seem to have sizeable stocks of this heater (same model, Amazon Basics branded, and all brand new) and are selling it for £59.99.

I imagine IW's buyers procured a truck load from the same source, marked it up, and slapped it on air, gleeful at being able to make a direct comparison for once…

Last edited:
If you find people losing jobs I'm sure that will be fun.
as opposed to just blithely transferring to the next incarnation of their carnival 🎡 f poor selling techniques.
Do I find people losing their job fun, saintslad? Not people who do their best and work honestly and hard, no, I don’t. People who make claims about watches that are blatantly untrue, on the other hand, I’m rather less concerned about. Which are the Ideal World crew? I couldn’t possibly say.

If that’s all ok with you, of course- I can see you do expect to be the arbiter of what others can say, think, or feel.

AIUI, Amazon isn't supplying IW with these heaters (or any products) so it's not a case of them "allowing" it.

Plenty of electrical shops on eBay seem to have sizeable stocks of this heater (same model, Amazon Basics branded, and all brand new) and are selling it for £59.99.

I imagine IW's buyers procured a truck load from the same source, marked it up, and slapped it on air, gleeful at being able to make a direct comparison for once…
Soz I didn’t realise

as opposed to just blithely transferring to the next incarnation of their carnival 🎡 f poor selling techniques.
Do I find people losing their job fun, saintslad? Not people who do their best and work honestly and hard, no, I don’t. People who make claims about watches that are blatantly untrue, on the other hand, I’m rather less concerned about. Which are the Ideal World crew? I couldn’t possibly say.

If that’s all ok with you, of course- I can see you do expect to be the arbiter of what others can say, think, or feel.
I do feel sorry for people who loose there jobs

But Sally, Peter and Mike have had a career by working on TV Shopping Channels that have all failed

I got the headphones yesterday and there is a bigger audience there for more tech actually, QVC will do a tech hour but infrequently

Oh where has Kevin and his Russian watches gone to, if anywhere ?
I think someone mentioned they had seen him on another channel, still allegedly twisting Igors arm into letting him have a few more watches, to bring us all the never to be repeated deal of a lifetime! ‘Guys’

I do feel sorry for people who loose there jobs

But Sally, Peter and Mike have had a career by working on TV Shopping Channels that have all failed
They worked on Bid TV which lasted for 14 years, and Ideal World which has so far lasted 23 years. Quite a long time. Bit harsh to call them both failures.

Bid tv failed. It is no longer in business.

Ideal world has been bankrupted and relaunched how many times now?

Yeah it's interesting Sally's Peter's and Mike's employment history.

Bid Tv - Owner Sit Up Tv Ltd - Liquidated

Original Ideal World Channel - Owner Ideal shopping direct Ltd - Liquidated

2nd Incarnation Ideal World Channel - Owner Ideal World ltd (originally Brandchests ltd, aquire IW name and a few of the assets, ie warehouse and studio lease, but NOT the company from Ideal Shopping Direct) - Liquidated

3rd Incarnation Ideal World Channel - Owner TJC ltd (Aquired channel name and feeview slot from Liquidators, renamed their existing TJC beauty channel to Ideal World) - few months old.

Those staff who have no input or involvement in the shows and the sales tactics used I have sympathy for if they lose their jobs.

But for all those, which include presenters, buyers, production staff and management, who willing take part and condone the deceitful sales tactics used, then i have absolutely no sympathy nor would i lose any sleep if the lying low life shyster scum lost their jobs.

As both Cheeky Chappie and Doc2 have touch a little on with their posts on pretending to be friends with lonely/highly suggestable viewers, these shyster are knowingly taking advantage of vulnerable people in society, just losing their jobs is the very least they deserve.

Latest posts

Back